20+ Events For Playground 2012 Poker Classic April 27-May 15

This is a sick schedule; April 27-May 15

Guarantees on a ton, bracelets, etc. A few big buy-ins (2,200 & 10,300) but most are $100-$300 range:

PLAYGROUND POKER CLASSIC 2012
FRIDAY APRIL 27TH : * * * * Freebuy 50$ *Guarentee 3k * 7:30 * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SATURDAY APRIL 28TH : * 500$ + 50$ Deep NLHE Max 150 players 12:00 Bracelet Event
SUNDAY APRIL 29TH : * * * 90$ + 10$ Deep Turbo NLHE Guarantee 7k *1:00 Bracelet Event
SUNDAY APRIL 29TH : * * * 80$ + 10$ Mix Games PLO and PL Hold’em *7:30 Bracelet Event
SUNDAY APRIL 29TH : * * * Satellite 200$ + 20$ for the 2k *2 Seats Guarentee *8:30 *
MONDAY APRIL 30TH : * * *180$ + 20$ *6 Max NLHE Guarantee 10k *7:30 Bracelet Event
TUESDAY MAY 1st : * * * * * 100$ + 10$ *PLO Single Rebuy Guarantee 5k *7:30 Bracelet Event
TUESDAY MAY 1ST : * * * Satellite 200$ + 20$ for the 2k *2 Seats Guarentee *8:30
WEDNESDAY MAY 2nd : *180$ + 20$ Deep Turbo NLHE Guarantee 10k *7:30 Bracelet Event
THURSDAY MAY 3rd : * * 50$ + 10$ NLHE *Single Rebuy Guarentee 5k *7:30 Bracelet Event
FRIDAY MAY 4TH : * * * * * * 135$ + 15$ + 50$ *NLHE Bounty 50$ *7:30 *Bracelet Event
SATURDAY MAY 5TH : * *2000$ + 200$ *Deepstack NLHE Day *1 *12:00 * * Bracelet or Belt Event
SUNDAY MAY 6TH : * * * *2000$ + 200$ *Deepstack NLHE Day *2 * 12:00 *
SUNDAY MAY 6TH : * * 90$ + 10$ NLHE Ante Up (Only Ante) *8:00 * * *Bracelet Event
MONDAY MAY 7TH : * * *Final Table Deepstack *NLHE Day *3 *7:00
MONDAY MAY 7TH : * * 230$ + 20$ *6 Max NLHE *Guarantee 12k *7:30 Bracelet Event
TUESDAY MAY 8TH : *270$ + 30$ PLO *1 Rebuy *Guarantee 6k 8:00 *Bracelet Event
TUESDAY MAY 8TH : 80$ + 10$ NLHE *Freezeout *7:30 * * * * * * * * * * * * * Bracelet Event
WEDNESDAY MAY 9TH : *100$ + 10$ Deep Turbo NLHE Guarantee 7k *7:30 *Bracelet Event
THURSDAY MAY 10TH : * 180$ + 20$ +100$ NLHE Bounty *100$ Bounty *7:30 Bracelet Event
FRIDAY MAY 11TH : * * * 1000$ + 100$ Satellite 10k 2 Seats Guarentee *8:30
SATURDAY MAY 12TH : 10 000$ + 300$ Deep High Roller Event Day 1a *12:00 Bracelet or Belt Event
SUNDAY MAY 13rd : * * 10 000$ + 300$ Deep High Roller Event Day 2 *12:00
SUNDAY MAY 13RD : * * 125$ + 25$ *HHPT Ladies Events *2:00
SUNDAY MAY 13RD : * * 90$ + 10$ NLHE The River 8:00 * * * * * * * * * * * *Bracelet Event
MONDAY MAY 14th : * 10 000$ + 300$ Deep High Roller *Event Day 3 Final Table 7:30

Comments

• Im definitely thinking about going for a week

if anyone is interested in going, let me know, we can travel or room together
  • Wow I wish we had a playground here
  • Tentatively thinking about going for the April 27th weekend to play the $550 and cash.

If I can make it work it should be a fun little trip
  • I absolutely love this place!!! Really wish I could head back out for these games. This place is by far the best card room I have played in and probably will for a very long time.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Montreal. I was in there for the BBJ when it went off at playground.
  • Wow, this looks exciting! I am going to keep this in mind for the future. Wish I could go but I'm taking my BR to Vegas in July for my 21st bday!

Best of luck to you costanza and anyone else attending! Represent!!
  • Looks like myself and a few others will be at playground for their $550 on April 28th.

Always a good trip to Montreal for playground ;)
  • 50% off at Porter for flights, book by tomorrow. $360ish for that weekend, wonder how long that turbo would take
  • actyper wrote: »
    50% off at Porter for flights, book by tomorrow. $360ish for that weekend, wonder how long that turbo would take

Planning on taking the train. $165
  • actyper wrote: »
    Wow I wish we had a playground here

You really want to pay $14 a hand in rake? Becareful what you wish for.
  • I pretty much only play tournaments
  • Meistro wrote: »
    You really want to pay $14 a hand in rake? Becareful what you wish for.

exaggerations? maybe $10?
  • Max rake is higher yes. They also have complimentary shuttle to hotel for groups,tourney guarantees, comp some food and drink, security for the big game with private room, a bad beat that resets at 100k, high hand/spin the wheel, good game selection on any given night, freerolls and sell out just about every major event...they seem to be giving back a lot of that rake to community as well as putting on what players want.

With the exception of patching Acetenbomber, very little that I wouldn't call awesome
  • Jon do you have any info on the shuttle service?

Is there a list of hotels it runs from? Paying more for a room with shuttle included would interest me, especially considering I plan on having more than a few beverages during the series, so saving on transportation while we are in town would be great
  • I'll shoot off an email. I believe its only if you have a few players, but during a series sure there will be lots of people to run back and forth. Will post that and their hotel list shortly.
  • jontm wrote: »
    I'll shoot off an email. I believe its only if you have a few players, but during a series sure there will be lots of people to run back and forth. Will post that and their hotel list shortly.

sweet man, thanx
  • Just received my confirmation for my pre registration for the $550 Event on April 28th.

Should be a fun weekend trip
  • Here is reply:

"We usually provide shuttle service to groups of 7 or more with one pick-up and drop off location.

So if everyone was staying downtown at one hotel (or for larger groups, one or more hotels close to one another) we would provide shuttle service.

Depending on how many ppl we know re coming, we can plan for it.

From a travel standpoint, any hotel in the downtown area is roughly the same distance to the club.

We do have a preferred rate with the Crown Plaza on Cote de Liesse though, so interested parties can chk there first for pricing. "
  • perfect jon, thanx alot for looking into that
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    exaggerations? maybe $10?

If you don't know wtf you're talking about, why would you accuse someone else of lying? It's not maybe anything, it's $14 FOR 2/5 and higher for higher.
  • Meistro wrote: »
    If you don't know wtf you're talking about, why would you accuse someone else of lying? It's not maybe anything, it's $14 FOR 2/5 and higher for higher.

if the rake for cash is so high, I dont see how they expect regs to beat those games long term, but obv there is regs as they are still in business
  • I've never really understood the whole concept of "beating the rake"

Yes, it cuts into profits, but so does 40% income tax for the working regs.

I would think that having a busy room with more game selection and opponents to choose from would be more desirable than try to squeeze a few bb/hr out of a short handed table of players doing the same.

Internet always wins the rake game, but 90% of players are out to have fun and try to win some money doing it. Of course the grinders scoff at this, but hey that's your paycheck so why not just roll with it.
  • Booked April 27-29

Will be playing the $550 Deepstack Tournament on the 28th
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Booked April 27-29

Will be playing the $550 Deepstack Tournament on the 28th

Same here!
  • looks like I may or may not be the only member of team subway rungood going, the scoop schedule conflicts directly with pretty much the whole series :mad:

if i go, i would love to meet up with you guys
  • costanza wrote: »
    if i go, i would love to meet up with you guys

For sure
  • Anyone know how long the $550 deepstack on April 28th will last? It should end on Sunday right? I need to be back to Rama for Monday.
  • Anyone know how long the $550 deepstack on April 28th will last? It should end on Sunday right? I need to be back to Rama for Monday.

I am pretty sure it is only a 1 day event
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Planning on taking the train. $165

is that viarail? what train are you taking?
  • On a side note, the Bad Beat went again this weekend. It resets at 100k.
    Since February they have paid out 431k.

Pretty sure much of that has come out of the rake, no way that was all scooped in BBJ drops.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    is that viarail? what train are you taking?

Via Rail from Toronto Union Station to Dorval