Comments

• Was worried this was a thread about Big Bang or, worse, someone's pet named Penny. Thank goodness on both accounts!
  • Quick . . . what is the number whereby, after the application of the HST, all prices will be rounded UP?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Quick . . . what is the number whereby, after the application of the HST, all prices will be rounded UP?

at 3 and 8.

Only for cash transactions.
  • I meant what price do you have to set something at? Like $4.82 + HST might let you round UP, where as $4.84 + HST might mean you round DOWN.
  • I'm confused. What is this penny you speak of?

We have 1-cent coins.
  • moose wrote: »
    I'm confused. What is this penny you speak of?

We have 1-cent coins.

Which are, traditionally, referred to as "pennies". IT's part of our British heritage.
  • moose wrote: »
    I'm confused. What is this penny you speak of?

We have 1-cent coins.

pfft...Americans. :D
  • apostrophes are kinda bullshit too ???
  • now, who doesn't like a good apostrophe. i can't get through a day without 'em. Can't live without my 'strophes . . .
  • Yeah Darb. I don't think you should be messing with the apostrophes.

Now quotation marks... People who do the physical quotation mark gesture when they're talking to you should be rolled around naked in a soup of salt, vinegar and rusty razor blades.
  • Yeah Darb. I don't think you should be messing with the apostrophes.

Now quotation marks... People who do the physical quotation mark gesture when they're talking to you should be rolled around naked in a soup of salt, vinegar and rusty razor blades.

hmmm ... what you do on an "average" Friday night is your business.
  • darbday wrote: »
    apostrophes are kinda bullshit too ???

fine but don't get Milo started on the ellipsis!
  • So..does it mean that if total is .x2/.x1/.x6/.x7, it's better to pay by cash. And if it's .x3/.x4/.x8./x9, it's better to pay with plastic?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    So..does it mean that if total is .x2/.x1/.x6/.x7, it's better to pay by cash. And if it's .x3/.x4/.x8./x9, it's better to pay with plastic?

Yes. Sheesh, are you new here? That's basic math for all those Waterloo grads with their fancy math degrees.
  • D'uh . . . always take the UNDER. At least in this case . . . and the Leafs. Always take the under on the Leafs . . .

AND YOU CAN HAVE MY ELLIPSIS . . . WHEN YOU RIP THE "." key off of my keyboard !!!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Yes. Sheesh, are you new here? That's basic math for all those Waterloo grads with their fancy math degrees.

I got the first part! haha.