Options

I learned something on this one it think.....

I'm not really down with my shove here but with the players and the stack sizes its close.

But the utg1 fold was intersting....it just made me think about being at a million dollar ft...raising 99% of your stack and folding to jump up two payspots with a couple chips left...

seems legit?

Poker Stars, $3.19 + $0.31 NL Hold'em Tournament, 4,000/8,000 Blinds, 800 Ante, 8 Players

BB: 115,649
UTG: 130,539
UTG+1: 17,346
MP1: 165,000
MP2: 37,794
CO: 180,248
JodaB. (BTN): 73,352
SB: 179,572

Pre-Flop: (18,400) 2diamondnormal.gif 2spadenormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to 16,000, 2 folds, CO raises to 24,000, JodaB. raises to 72,552 and is All-In, SB folds, BB raises to 114,849 and is All-In, UTG+1 folds, CO calls 90,849

Comments

• lol wow, absurd fold
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    lol wow, absurd fold
    how would you feel though if it was the sunday mill ft and you were utg with like a4o? Although I'm loose here, the iso/overcaller is sometimes folding AK, and the over shover is going to be strong.
  • misclick fold?
  • darbday wrote: »
    how would you feel though if it was the sunday mill ft and you were utg with like a4o? Although I'm loose here, the iso/overcaller is sometimes folding AK, and the over shover is going to be strong.

yeah I'd consider folding then for sure to move up a few spots..
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    yeah I'd consider folding then for sure to move up a few spots..
    then in new school icm poker shouldn't we always be leaving ourselves some chips behind when we shove?
  • darbday wrote: »
    then in new school icm poker shouldn't we always be leaving ourselves some chips behind when we shove?

no, it's probably not +EV
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    no, it's probably not +EV
    i can tell how many levels you meant in this statement but I see at least two...

you didn't state the kind of ev

so ya its not +cev but maybe its +$ev if you are utg and 5 tight (final table) players that cover each other jam in front of you?
  • maybe, but that's so specific that the possability of you disconnecting and losing your tournament for nothing is probably weighting in harder lol. In the example given sure utg+1 have a chance to move up two spots but if no one busts he'll just sit there crying without chips.

I'm not sure you're implying that utg+1 made a good fold but I seriously doubt that is the case. Feel free to try to quantify it with math
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    maybe, but that's so specific that the possability of you disconnecting and losing your tournament for nothing is probably weighting in harder lol.
    ok just live ftw :p

Richard~ wrote: »
    I'm not sure you're implying that utg+1 made a good fold but I seriously doubt that is the case. Feel free to try to quantify it with math
    I can't show it, I think it needs cards runners program...but it might not be quite right here, I'm certainly curious....but theres gonna be a threshold for sure that makes it optimal I think.

So maybe we rarely fold but that we should be leaving ourselves the option????
  • if you really thought it was +EV you wouldn't start talking about doing it on the final table of the million :P
  • if you were at the sunday mill FT and you raise/f'd <2.5BB I would slit your throat
  • Vekked wrote: »
    if you were at the sunday mill FT and you raise/f'd <2.5BB I would slit your throat
    ya but i'd punch myself in the face if I coulda folded and won like 60k more ....instead of going 4way with like a3o

well maybe thats not as bad but what if six people went all in???