Playground Poker Bad Beat Hits Again

A little over a month ago, poker players at Playground Poker Club in Kahnawake Quebec, just outside Montreal, got to reap the benefits of one of the Club’s most appealing promotions, the $100,000 minimum Bad Beat Jackpot. Not only did it hit once, but it hit twice in less than five days and paid cash game players over $231,000 in bonus money.

Only five short weeks later on March 27th, the Bad Beat Jackpot hit once more and lined the pockets of lucky cash game players at Playground Poker Club with over 100K in cold, hard cash. “It seems that giving large sums of money away is starting to become a regular thing at the Club” says Playground’s COO, David Montour. “When we first launched the promotion, the players were excited about it but I don’t think anybody, including myself, expected it to hit three times in less than six weeks!” chuckled Montour.

The 100K minimum Bad Beat Jackpot is one of many great promotions offered by Playground. And the likelihood of benefiting from the extra cash bonus that the Club offers, is quickly becoming more of a reality to the regular cash game players and further enhances the Club’s motto – For Players, By Players. What else could a poker player ask for? Free cash is always nice.

In addition to resetting the regular Bad Beat Jackpot at $100,000, Playground Poker Club also offers a one of a kind One Million Dollar Super Beat Jackpot. If a player finds himself losing with a Queen High Straight Flush at Playground, he alone will walk away with 50% of the Super Beat Jackpot.

In anticipation of the Bad Beat hitting once again in record time, or even the mammoth One Million Dollar Super Beat Jackpot hitting out of the blue, poker players from across Canada and the Northeastern United States are pulling up a chair at the posh cash game tables at Playground Poker Club.

For a full listing of all of Playground’s great promotions and a full schedule of events, visit www.PlaygroundPoker.ca or contact info@playgroundpoker.ca with any questions.

Comments

• The BBJ hit again!!
    That's a total of 4 times in under 2 months!
    The best part is that the BBJ keeps getting re-seeded at 100k. We've given out just under half a million dollars ($431,000 to be exact) in a span of 7 weeks.
    Whats the best part? The BBJ is back at 100k and waiting to hit again.
    Come get your piece of the pie at Canada's #1 poker destination, Playground Poker Club.
  • http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/20-events-playground-2012-poker-classic-april-27-may-15-a-28089/

Yup. We heard. How long is $550? Players want to know in this thread ^^^
  • Exactly how is the rake, jackpot/high hand money taken from each pot?
  • Exactly how is the rake, jackpot/high hand money taken from each pot?

They must be raking a lot if they can afford to pay out $400k+ in bad beats and still make a profit. Any player worth their salt would not want to fund a bad beat jackpot, period.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    They must be raking a lot if they can afford to pay out $400k+ in bad beats and still make a profit. Any player worth their salt would not want to fund a bad beat jackpot, period.
    Exactly how is the rake, jackpot/high hand money taken from each pot?

We remove $1 from every pot that goes to the flop, just as most other poker rooms do. Re-seeding it at 100k is a promotion we are currently running. Playground Poker foots the bill if it hits before we have accumulated the corresponding amounts in BBJ drops (which has been happening alot lately!)
  • I've sent them a message to see if they are monitoring these posts and asked that they reply to questions.
  • Nm. Looks like we are typing same time
  • Playground wrote: »
    If a player finds himself losing with a Queen High Straight Flush at Playground, he alone will walk away with 50% of the Super Beat Jackpot.

I guess that's only one feasible hand, 10JQ on flop with one player hitting the Royal and the holding the 89, all the same suit. Now if you rake $1 per flop on this bad beat, you probably will not lose money.
    We remove $1 from every pot that goes to the flop, just as most other poker rooms do. Re-seeding it at 100k is a promotion we are currently running. Playground Poker foots the bill if it hits before we have accumulated the corresponding amounts in BBJ drops (which has been happening alot lately!)

Is it true that Playground has a max rake of $14?

How is the rake structured?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I guess that's only one feasible hand, 10JQ on flop with one player hitting the Royal and the holding the 89, all the same suit. Now if you rake $1 per flop on this bad beat, you probably will not lose money.

The promotion you are referring to is the Super Beat Jackpot, not the Bad Beat Jackpot.
    The $1,000,000 Super Beat is seeded entirely by Playground Poker Club (minus what the current BBJ is at). We do not take an additional drop for the SBJ.
    The promotion you are referring to is the Super Beat Jackpot, not the Bad Beat Jackpot.
    The $1,000,000 Super Beat is seeded entirely by Playground Poker Club (minus what the current BBJ is at). We do not take an additional drop for the SBJ.

Again,

Rake structure:

Can you describe exactly how much money is taken out of pots?

Is it true that the max rake is $14/hand?
  • Is it true that Playground has a max rake of $14?

How is the rake structured?

Our rake is as follows:

$1/$2 NLHE : 10% max rake $8
    $2/$5 NLHE and above : 5% max rake $14

$1/$2 PLO: 10% max rake $10
    $2/$5 PLO and above: 5% max rake $14

Drinks and food (full menu) are complimentary to all cash game players.
    Our rake is as follows:

Thanks!

Is it "No flop no drop"?
    Is there a minimum rake per hand?
    Is there a minimum rake per flop?
    Is the rake reduced if it's short handed?

What's the rake for 5/10NL, 10/20NL, 25/50NL?
  • Thanks!

Is it "No flop no drop"?
    Is there a minimum rake per hand?
    Is there a minimum rake per flop?
    Is the rake reduced if it's short handed?

What's the rake for 5/10NL, 10/20NL, 25/50NL?

Hey,

1- That is correct, No flop No drop
    2 & 3- There is no minimum. If a pot on a $1-$2 table is $9, there is no rake
    4- Short handed tables (4 or less) have no BBJ drop and play with half rake

Note: all tables have an additional $1 removed per flop to seed the BBJ

Any big game that is played on the main floor is raked the same as our $2/$5.

We do have a private room, where we hold $5/$10 and $10/$25 NLHE and PLO games. The rake in that room is a bit higher, however before sitting you would be put in contact with its host and the differences between the main floor and private room will be addressed.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions.
    Hey,

1- That is correct, No flop No drop
    2 & 3- There is no minimum. If a pot on a $1-$2 table is $9, there is no rake
    4- Short handed tables (4 or less) have no BBJ drop and play with half rake

Note: all tables have an additional $1 removed per flop to seed the BBJ

Any big game that is played on the main floor is raked the same as our $2/$5.

We do have a private room, where we hold $5/$10 and $10/$25 NLHE and PLO games. The rake in that room is a bit higher, however before sitting you would be put in contact with its host and the differences between the main floor and private room will be addressed.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions.

Thanks!

What's the rake structure in the private rooms?

I've heard it's Max $25/hand?

Do you employ shrills/prop players?
  • Thanks!

What's the rake structure in the private rooms?

I've heard it's Max $25/hand?

Do you employ shrills/prop players?

Hey,

Unfortunately all details regarding the "Big Game" need to go through our host. You can direct any questions to highstakes@playgroundpoker.ca and he will answer all your questions.

We do not employ and shills or prop players
    Our rake is as follows:

Interesting, don't know if you can truly answer this but how is the complimentary drinks and food going? I just remember reading this:

Full Contact Poker : Your online poker community

"Seriously though, these guys who would normally order a $35 dinner all of a sudden would go off for as much as they could because it was free. Did they really think that would last? No poker room can fade a group of overweight poker players going to town on the high end menu day after day. "
  • You know what? I will probably never make it out to your establishment, but I would like to give you credit for coming by and answering all these questions quickly and honestly. I hope you continue to do so, as it speaks well to the organization.
  • literation wrote: »
    Interesting, don't know if you can truly answer this but how is the complimentary drinks and food going? I just remember reading this:

Full Contact Poker : Your online poker community

"Seriously though, these guys who would normally order a $35 dinner all of a sudden would go off for as much as they could because it was free. Did they really think that would last? No poker room can fade a group of overweight poker players going to town on the high end menu day after day. "

Everything is going fine and we have no plans to ever change that aspect of our business.
    I don't know how else to answer this question, so dont take offense that i didn't go into details.
  • Milo wrote: »
    You know what? I will probably never make it out to your establishment, but I would like to give you credit for coming by and answering all these questions quickly and honestly. I hope you continue to do so, as it speaks well to the organization.

Thanks for the kind words buddy. Very much appreciated :)
  • +1 on playground seemingly being well run

aside from the high-ish rake, ive never heard a bad thing about the quality of the games or the establishment. The service, game play, and food are all on the up and up according to ppl i know

i look forward to playing there
  • The thing to note about Playground and its restaurant - The Rail - is that it does a brisk business with non-poker-players, including what seems to be a busy take-out and delivery business (I would imagine mainly pizza but not sure).

Playground and The Rail are very close to Chateauguay, a thriving suburb of Montreal that is more noted for it's strip of burger joints than fine dining. So the restaurant has a pretty wide target market, including poker players, friends of players and other people attracted to the social stuff surrounding the club, as well as Kahnawake and Chateauguay residents who want a good meal - either in the resto or delivered. There also seems to be good lunch traffic from local businesses.
  • mikelbyl wrote: »
    Playground and The Rail are very close to Chateauguay, a thriving suburb of Montreal that is more noted for it's strip of burger joints than fine dining

typo?
  • BBJ hit again at playground - quad 9 over quad 7. About a half hour after I left the table FML.
  • They were waiting for you to leave, damn poker sites are rigged.
  • mikelbyl wrote: »
    BBJ hit again at playground - quad 9 over quad 7. About a half hour after I left the table FML.
    Damn Mike!!!
    Bad timing!! Hope you're around for the next one. You've put in enough hours at the club to warrant a nice BBJ payday :)
  • $531,000 in BBJ payouts in just under 3 months!!!!
    Congrats to the winners of this mornings Bad Beat Jackpot.
    $531,000 in BBJ payouts in just under 3 months!!!!
    Congrats to the winners of this mornings Bad Beat Jackpot.

I'm in the wrong business!
  • Notice BBJ was reset to 75k this time...starting to sting a bit is it? ;p

Your Ego Is Writing Cheques Your Body Can't Cash | Top Gun [HQ] - YouTube
  • jontm wrote: »
    Notice BBJ was reset to 75k this time...starting to sting a bit is it? ;p

Your Ego Is Writing Cheques Your Body Can't Cash | Top Gun [HQ] - YouTube

LOL!

The BBJ indeed beeing reset at 75k, however we have been able to cash all the previous checks that our ego has written :p