• No "Before" pic

But probably a big improvement IMO

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    No "Before" pic

Mark

lmao
  • Why is the title of this thread 'Our tax dollars go to creating this' ??
    I'm pretty sure our health care system doesn't pay for sex change operations, although admittedly and thankfully, I'm no expert on the subject :-\
  • Varies throughout Canada but, in Ontario, candidates must "live" as the opposite gender for 2 years, and go through an assessment process with CAMH in Toronto before anything will even be considered. After that, if the reccomendation is to allow you to switch teams, then it is indeed paid for through OHIP. My guess is that the justification is more of a "mental health" call than anything else, but I am no expert, either. Oh, and no unattached male on this site would tell the girl in the OP to get lost, if they did not already know she was a transgendered person. I dare say that more than a few would not care, regardless.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I dare say that more than a few would not care, regardless.
    :o
  • Only time "Don't ask Don't tell" is applicable IMO :)

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    No "Before" pic

Mark

Have to agree with you on this one.
  • Um....money well spent?
    Varies throughout Canada but, in Ontario, candidates must "live" as the opposite gender for 2 years, and go through an assessment process with CAMH in Toronto before anything will even be considered. After that, if the reccomendation is to allow you to switch teams, then it is indeed paid for through OHIP. My guess is that the justification is more of a "mental health" call than anything else, but I am no expert, either. Oh, and no unattached male on this site would tell the girl in the OP to get lost, if they did not already know she was a transgendered person. I dare say that more than a few would not care, regardless.

I'm going with the assumption that you just googled that and didn't know this before this thread started... :o
  • Will have all the penis she wants.

Yeah, maybe if we add all of ours together.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Um....money well spent?

Those were my thoughts exactly JohnnieH. Get out of my brain.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    Those were my thoughts exactly JohnnieH. Get out of my brain.

But it's so roomy in there. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    But it's so roomy in there. :D

Are you insinuating that I have a massive brain? Ya, that's how I'm going to interpret it. Thanks Hobbes, I always knew you admired me ;)
  • holychow wrote: »
    I'm going with the assumption that you just googled that and didn't know this before this thread started... :o

Oh, I knew the broad strokes, but went to google for the Ontario specific portion (ie the visit to CAMH). Other provinces will go with what your family doctor plus an independent physician recommend. I just pick up minutiae as I go through my day and never forget it. The sex change thing came up years ago when the some folks were bitching about men having to pay for their PSA tests.
    Oh, I knew the broad strokes, but went to google for the Ontario specific portion (ie the visit to CAMH). Other provinces will go with what your family doctor plus an independent physician recommend. I just pick up minutiae as I go through my day and never forget it. The sex change thing came up years ago when the some folks were bitching about men having to pay for their PSA tests.

Fair enough. If it wasn't for trivial information, I wouldn't know anything at all!
  • It can get quite annoying at times. You'll catch a snippet of a question, someone will look over at you, and you give them the correct answer . . . and it's about something like which type of coffee is brewed with beans that are taken from monkey poop (Kopi Luwak, or Civet coffee). then people look at you, like . . . how do you know this stuff? It's why know on plays Trivial Pursuit with my brother and I anymore.
  • I much prefer kopi muncak to kopi luwak. Kopi luwak isn't as bland and has a much fuller flavour profile.
  • I don't even drink coffee . . . strictly tea, and do not get me started on the different types of bergamot oils and how it affects Earl Grey blends.