Lions Poker Classic - Newmarket

Newmarket Lions Club to benefit the Cancer Care Unit at Southlake Hospital

Newmarket Lions Classic $200 Re-buy Poker Tournament
Sunday June 3, 2012

Newmarket Community Centre and Lions Hall, 200 Doug Duncan Drive.

With full attendence the prize pool could reach $40,000.00 with a first prize of over $10,000.00. Top 10% will share the Prize Pool.

Please note this is an early start tournament because of the expected length. Card fly at 10:00am with 30 minute blinds throughout. Limited Seating for 180 players. Advance registration and entry will be required.

Registration will be available:

•On line at Home ~ Newmarket Lion's Club
•Any Lions Tournament - See Don Gardiner, Tournament Director
•Game Table Plus - 1195 Stellar Drive, Newmarket

This will become a Freeze-out after 2 rounds of re-buys.
100% of buy-ins go to the prize pool.

Starting stack of 100 big blinds.
30 minute Blinds throughout

Re-buys are optional if you are knocked out of the tournament you will be given another 5000 chips to continue play for a donation to the Lions Club of $100.00. This must be done before the next hand is dealt.

The Newmarket Lions Club will enhance the prize pool by 50% of all re-buys.

Lunch, Dinner and Refreshments are courtesy Newmarket Lions. No Alcohol available.

After the Lunch break we will begin the freeze-out portion of the tournament. All players at this point will be given an additional 2000 tournament Chips regardless of chip counts.

Each player will also be given the option of adding to their chip count by way of a donation to the Lions Club.

8000 additional chips for a $50.00 donation.

Blind levels will be simular to the WSOP main event with antes. All blind levels will be 30 minute.

Comments

• screenman wrote: »
    The Newmarket Lions Club will enhance the prize pool by 50% of all re-buys.

So $50 from each $100 rebuy goes into the prize pool? Why not just do the add-on at the start of the tournament, not after the first break once the blinds have gone up and the add on is worth a lot less in terms of BB? Not sure I understand why there is two components to the add on? Just make it 10,000 for the donation.
  • screenman wrote: »
    Blind levels will be similar to the WSOP main event with antes. All blind levels will be 30 minute.

Do you have a copy of the blind schedule you can post? (sounds like you made minor changes)
  • Details can we found at Lion's Poker. (meet-up site) Files will be posted for download today.
  • Blind schedule seems good...As long as I'm free that day, I will prob attend... thx for the quick response Don :)
  • Actually, there is better(clearer) info on the Lions' website:

Home ~ Newmarket Lion's Club

It's unlimited re-buys for the first 2 levels at half price ($100).

The add-on is after the second round so it's not so bad and u can add-on an extra $8000 ($10k total) for $50, which is half the $5k rebuy for $100.

50% of all rebuy and add-on money goes to prize pool.

There is no blind schedule posted anwhere that I could find.

Overall, it looks pretty decent.
  • Don,

What are you looking at for security?

If you get the desired turnout this certainly falls under "high risk" considering its publicized and I think the structure is set up to generate action.

I would be interested but not if it not secure.
  • We will be adding Security Wetts.
    Through discussions with players we are changing this to a Freeze-out. Details are on the site Lion's Poker. Format will be a Double Barrel Freeze-out.
  • This is a pre-paid event, no money on site.
  • This is a pre-paid event, no money on site.

How do you prepay a rebuy ?
  • We have added security and will now take buy-in at the door on June 3. The tournament is not a re-buy in case you missed the announcement. It is a double barrel freeze-out. See Lion's Poker for detail.