ZOOM to $1000

I am going to attempt to turn $100 into $1000 playing .05/.10 Zoom poker. I know I’m probably going to crash and burn as cash games are not my forte, but what the hell I’m going to give it a try. I have been spending quite a few hours working on hand ranges and how to play against them vs. position in a cash game settings. I have very limited time for online poker, so I will not post a deadline. I will go until either I bust or reach my goal. I will post my progress and significant pots in this thread. Hopefully I have some #rungood throughout!!

If anyone has any tips for cash games or primarily ZOOM aka RUSH poker, PLS post. Any extra knowledge would be awesome.
Start date: Mar 18 2012

Comments

• Good luck sir, just a couple of questions.

Zoom allows you to have 4 tables going, how many will you open?
    Also, what will you be sitting with on each table?

Are you going to restart the Zoom table after you reach a certain Profit amount/table? or just let it ride, and hopefully you don't get cold decked?

Last night, I ran up my $5 initial buy-in to $45 --I should have gone with my gut and started back at $5 again....because this is what happened.

I had AK on the button, everyone folds - I raise 3x
    SB folds, BB calls

Flop is KK7 (Yahtzee!) ....BB checks, I bet 75% pot
    SB Raises $20 ..Yikes! - I quickly look at my PT3 against this player, and notice his range is KQ, AJ, AK, maybe flush options.

I re-raise ALL-IN. - He times down with 1 second and calls with JJ

Turn blank, River J.....FML.

Zoom Zoom ...2K hands that session, and lost my profits in 1!
  • I buy in for the max. I have started with 2 tables for now, but when my money starts to grow I will start adding more tables to remain optimal. and as for my profits, I will kill a table if I reach the $25-$30 mark, then start another one up. We both know a little bad luck will show up.
  • I recall losing like 30bi in a couple hours of Rush PLO...have fun
  • After 2.5hrs of play, 1513 hands, I'm showing a profit of $61.56:D. I also received PSTARS PRO ICON for few hands to help me on my way!!:o
  • congrats! if you want some coaching to help you on your way i could shadow you for a few hands and share some perspective
  • thx, but there is no observing zoom tables!
  • I just finished playing another 1.5hrs, 861 hands and this time posted a lose of $6.67. I got stacked once during this time frame when I flopped a set of sevens, he turned a straight. We got AI on the turn. The only info I had was that he was crushing his session, he had $43 stack.

This hand is a reminder of how important pot control is!

So my totals now look like this... I have played a total of 4HR, played 2374 hands and have won $54.89:)

Only $845.11 left to go!!
  • That's $13.72 and hour. Not bad in these hard times :)
  • LOL, Thanks ILike2Play... Well I have to post my first loss of this adventure. I played for another 2.25HRS, saw 1248 hands and lost $24.16. :( I can admit I was a little complacent for the first hour and half.

I played quite few bad hands, but none worse than when I lost most of my stack with AK against a guy who was holding 62:confused:(my bad for slow playing). lol Also after looking at some of my hands after, I saw that set mining was not profitable (thanks Meistro :)).

Here's the dreadful AK hand...(I know I should of isolated preflop)

PokerStars - $0.10 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker

BTN: $9.30
    SB: $10.15
    BB: $9.22
    UTG: $9.45
    Hero (UTG+1): $13.72
    MP: $10.00
    MP+1: $6.54
    LP: $10.32
    CO: $11.95

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Kd Ad

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.70, 3 players) Ks 6c Th
    SB bets $1.41, BB calls $1.41, Hero calls $1.41

Turn: ($6.93, 3 players) 7s
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.93, 3 players) 2d
    SB checks, BB bets $6.91 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.91, fold

BB shows 6s 2s (Two Pair, Sixes and Twos) (Pre 36%, Flop 23%, Turn 32%)
    Hero mucks Kd Ad (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 64%, Flop 77%, Turn 68%)
    BB wins $19.82

After some receiving some very beneficial advice from Vekked, Meistro, pokerjah and Richard~ I was able to recover some of my day. and I definaitly didn't let the AK hand happen again..lol... so thx guys!:D

Total's so far - 6.25hrs/3622 hands/+$30.73
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    thx, but there is no observing zoom tables!

haha, yeah you are correct aren't you. I suppose there's always team viewer, although there's no chance in hell I would ever let someone watch me play w/ the hole cards (since they could be at the table).
  • I quickly look at my PT3 against this player, and notice his range is KQ, AJ, AK, maybe flush options.
    How were you able to get such a specific range with PT3?
  • After a couple bad days away from the tables (R.I.P Grandpa) I get to post an update on my progress..

I played another 2HRS of ZOOM, in that time I seen 1407 hands and won $18.52.

After I played, I was doing a little recap in PT3 and noticed a really bad stat in my database I have payed $37 in rake while playing ZOOM . But on the other hand I should receive some rakeback from my stellar rewards to offset this a bit. I will include my bonus unlocks in my totals if 95% of it was achieved while playing ZOOM.

Totals so far - 8.25HRS/5029 hands/+$49.25
  • Decided today, after a few days away from this challenge I'm going to try to hit the 10k hands played mark..I have a couple mini sessions I have not recorded. Since my last update, I have added a couple thousand more hands bringing my total hands to 7289. I will post a graph and totals after I hit the 10k mark. Hopefully I have some #rungood today!
  • I made it 10k hands without losing my shirt!:D After 10k hands I'm showing a profit of $91.94! It wasn't my best day thus far, but it was certainly fun. I had some stellar moments and some downright shitty moments! The best hand of the session was this...

PokerStars - $0.10 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker

BTN: $16.32
    SB: $6.09
    BB: $5.00
    UTG: $4.64
    UTG+1: $10.15
    MP: $10.33
    Hero (MP+1): $15.28
    LP: $4.90
    CO: $5.60

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Ah Ad

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.90, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, BTN raises to $3.10(:ommm kings^-^), Hero calls $1.10

Flop: ($6.35, 2 players) 2c 4s 9h
    Hero checks, BTN bets $2.80, Hero raises to $5.90, BTN calls $3.10

Turn: ($18.15, 2 players) 9c
    Hero bets $6.28 and is all-in, BTN calls $6.28

River: ($30.71, 2 players) 7d

Hero shows Ah Ad (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
    BTN mucks Kh Ks (Two Pair, Kings and Nines) (Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
    Hero wins $29.33

There are a lot more that are almost just as good as this,but I thought I post this one! Everyone likes a good aces vs kings hand.

Here is a graph of my overall progress...