The Walking Dead

Anybody watching this series?

Up to the last 2 or 3 episodes this season has been static, predictable and dull. Will yesterdays episode (Sunday Mar 11) and next weeks finale set this thing up proper?

Comments

• Haven't had a chance to see mar 11 episode but well I do agree about the pace of the show. I think that its getting "somewhere". If the story stays true to the books what is to come.... Well, lets just say people die.
  • Yeah the trailer for the season finale looks pretty good. I'm wondering if we find out what Jenner whispers to Rick at the CDC at the end of season 1...
  • Sorry . . . thought this was about Habs fans. Carry on.
  • It's funny

Everyone I know that watches this show says "It's too slow" and "Nothing happens". And yet, week in and week out, the day after it airs

"Good episode last night!!"

Mark
  • Just watched Mar 11 episode, "good episode last night" seems to be the right sentiment.
  • And it was and it wasn't...

Read the comics. The TV show is surprisingly quite gory for what it is, but they have avoided / changed some things that I'd have loved to see.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    And it was and it wasn't...

Read the comics. The TV show is surprisingly quite gory for what it is, but they have avoided / changed some things that I'd have loved to see.

Mark

Haven't read the comics. This past episode had more 'cinematic' feel to it, particularly the scenes where they are trying to start up the winnabego and then when rick and shane are in the field at the end. It really wasn't much but it seemed to stick out from the normal cinematography...made me wonder if they had somebody else directing it (and yes, it would be easy to google that info but for sake of conversation i wont)
    The season really bogged down when they got to the farm and were perpetually looking for that womans daughter for weeks on end.

All in all its not a series/show that i would revisit, but i will watch it to the end.

Series i have watched over and over: six feet under and northern exposure.
  • and then when rick and shane are in the field at the end.

Yes that scene could be called, high moon.
  • literation wrote: »
    Yes that scene could be called, high moon.

2-nite at 9!
  • Homerun episode.

Mark
  • pvr cutoff the end of mine, have to watch the replay!!!
  • actyper wrote: »
    pvr cutoff the end of mine, have to watch the replay!!!

yes that's needed
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Homerun episode.

Mark

Stand up triple at worst.

Is this series following the comics at this point? the hooded figure with two walking dead 'pets' and the compound visible in the closing frame?
  • SPOILERS:::::::::::::

Yes, the figure in the hood is straight out of the comics, and the gang does (roughly) at this point end up at a prison.

Mark
  • Unfortunately this show follows the pattern of many dramas these days -- well produced and an interesting hook with little content beyond the original concept. This season was complete lamesauce.
  • Kinda disagree GTA

SHIT tonne of spoilers

Many people as I said complain about the pacing. And for a zombie show, I know of more than one episode that had only one zombie in it. BUT

This season we had an emotional series where a young girl went missing, with devastating consequences to her mother and some other group members (Carl, Rick, and the Daryl), which really started cementing Rick on the path to leader, and Shane to the path of ruination.

We met an entirely new family of people, at least three of whom have died since. We have seen Carl nearly die, and develop into a child in an adult's body. Rick has had his mettle as leader tested, and is now truly forged into the group's figurehead. Herschel, and his daughters have both integrated themselves into the group, forming relationships with one (Glen), and forcing a moral reckoning with others (suicide as a viable out). The further moral issues of what to do when the life of one threatens the lives of many (Shane / Randal). We have seen them deal with complex interpersonal issues in this new world-model (pregnancy? Fathership in question). Almost every character has grown into a multi-layered, intriguing one. Except T-Dog, poor T-Dog.

Couple that with the shock of losing Dale, the betrayal of Rick by Shane, the decision Rick makes for the group. At the last episode we see this complex and interesting group of character now let loose on a new world where their sanctuary has been overrun. They have a new set of challenges to face that will test their new roles and understanding of the world. Couple this with the arrival of Michonne, and the sighting of the prison (for the comic lovers), and this show is smart, exciting, and in my opinion, WELL paced.

Mark
  • Like what?

When instead of defending the group against some zombies they had to defend the group against lots of zombies?

I hope they don't all discover that they were all dead on an island at the end.
  • nononono . . . It is all a fantasy world cooked up in the autistic mind of T-dog's daughter. Or is Shane just dreaming that?
  • Milo wrote: »
    nononono . . . It is all a fantasy world cooked up in the autistic mind of T-dog's daughter. Or is Shane just dreaming that?

They can haz polar bearz?