Vegas Trip March 15th - 18th

Hi All,

Going to Vegas this week. I normally play 1/2 but thinking of taking some shots at 2/5. Ay recommendations/advice on where to play? I'm staying at Imperial Palace. This will be a pure poker trip.

Thanks!

J

Comments

• King Thor wrote: »
    Hi All,

Going to Vegas this week. I normally play 1/2 but thinking of taking some shots at 2/5. Ay recommendations/advice on where to play? I'm staying at Imperial Palace. This will be a pure poker trip.

Thanks!

J

Well, I just came back on Sunday from my most recent trip to Vegas, so I can offer my insights. If you have been to Vegas before then you probably already know what the best poker rooms are... Aria, Bellagio, Venetian, MGM, Mirage and Caesars. Note, Mirage and Caesars are nice rooms, but not as much action.

Your selection may depend on how big a roll you are bringing. The 2/5 at Bellagio is capped at $500, where all other rooms allow at least a $1k max buy-in. So, you can buy-in at Bellagio and not feel short-stacked; if you can afford it, buy in for more and play at other rooms.

Aria, Bellagio, Venetian and MGM all had lots of action going all of the time. Mirage never had a 2/5 game going. Aria spreads 1/3 that you can enjoy while waiting for a 2/5 game. MGM gets alot of tourists that are trying poker, so I think that would be a good room to table select at. At the Venetian, you will encounter more regs and tougher players.

So, overall, if roll is not a concern, try:
    Aria
    MGM
    Bellagio
    Venetian in that order...

If you want the capped game, then Bellagio first.

If you are playing 1/2, probably the same order as above, with MGM perhaps having more profitable opportunities on average. Also, for a smaller room, I played at Ballys quite a bit on this trip. At night, their poker area (not a room) was always full and had some juicy games.

Good luck.