Rain Suits/Gear Recommendations

So I need a good rain suit, not planning to go to sea or anything nautical but I definitly need a good one. Any recommendations out there in PFC land?

Comments

• As I was saying in the other thread before Comp so rudely interrupted.

I have always used Adidas rain gear while golfing with excellent results. I believe Footjoy also makes very good stuff but it is very pricey.

*If by chance you found my post in any way helpful or useful, please do not tell anyone as I have a reputation to uphold. K thnx.
  • You can change your title to Asshole First Class. :D
  • I'm watching, keep this thread on topic... :-\
  • I have always used Adidas rain gear while golfing with excellent results.

Graph?
  • Aliens.... wtf.... I can't help it...
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Graph?

Comp is watching.

Ixnay on the Aphsgray.
  • Adidas eh? Not sure their stuff will keep up to me when I'm out on maneuvers in bad weather, It can get pretty dynamic in the veggie garden if ya know what I mean. Footjoy, never herd of the stuff but I am googling the mother now. Thanks

I mean go F yourself ! I in no way found this useful or helpful.

Thanks again
  • Side note, you see they are talking bout upping the prices at Doon and Rockway. Nay good!
  • TheMill wrote: »
    Adidas eh? Not sure their stuff will keep up to me when I'm out on maneuvers in bad weather, It can get pretty dynamic in the veggie garden if ya know what I mean. Footjoy, never herd of the stuff but I am googling the mother now. Thanks

I mean go F yourself ! I in no way found this useful or helpful.

Thanks again

Unfortunately I actually play lots of golf in veggie gardens, but it sound as though you need more heavy duty stuff. I would definitely say that golf gear is good but not if you're crawling around the course. It's built to be light weight.

Oh, and you can use the full "Fuck" word. I'm going to be crying myself to sleep tonight anyway so what's a couple more tears.
    Side note, you see they are talking bout upping the prices at Doon and Rockway. Nay good!

I have never golfed Rockway and haven't played at Doon in 7-8 years. Price of golf in the K-W area is already too high and will hit a wall soon. Head towards London if you want good golf at decent prices.
  • I played a lot of those courses growing up. Cobble Hills is still wanna my fav courses. Half ski hill, half golf course
  • Price of golf in the K-W area is already too high and will hit a wall soon.

Doon and Rockway both have some pretty sweet deals going. It was either this year or last that they had the 18 for 18 deal on. During the week(mon-thur) after 2. Ya can't beat that. Yes I agree they are pricey but I can't keep play Tavisstock for the rest of my life. Man needs variety!
    Price of golf in the K-W area is already too high and will hit a wall soon.

Doon and Rockway both have some pretty sweet deals going. It was either this year or last that they had the 18 for 18 deal on. During the week(mon-thur) after 2. Ya can't beat that. Yes I agree they are pricey but I can't keep play Tavisstock for the rest of my life. Man needs variety!

Now just wait a minute! How long have you been playing Tavistock? If it's been only since it's 18 holes don't even talk. It's a gem now compared to the olden days.

Yes there are lots of deals out there. But when the deals bring the price down to what is reasonable is it a deal?

You're welcome too come out and try one of the worst deals in the area any time at Rebel Creek. I golf there 80% of the time......fml.
  • Now just wait a minute! How long have you been playing Tavistock? If it's been only since it's 18 holes don't even talk. It's a gem now compared to the olden days.

Yes there are lots of deals out there. But when the deals bring the price down to what is reasonable is it a deal?

You're welcome too come out and try one of the worst deals in the area any time at Rebel Creek. I golf there 80% of the time......fml.

Where is this course you speak of?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Where is this course you speak of?

I assume you mean Tavistock (or as it's sometimes referred to as Tavisstock ;)).

It is stuck in a vortex of time and space where golf along with crokinole and cow tipping were/are the leisure activities of a simpler time.
  • You're welcome too come out and try one of the worst deals in the area any time at Rebel Creek. I golf there 80% of the time......fml.

Membership there is a great price. Green fees. not so much. Awesome golf course that is always in great shape though.
  • Just bought a Sunice Hurricane jacket for golf. It is very pricey, almost $500 at Golftown, but you might be able to find it on line in the States for half that. Gore Tex is the nutz. And lifetime warranty as well. Pants would probably be around the same price and same warranty.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Membership there is a great price. Green fees. not so much. Awesome golf course that is always in great shape though.

I don't think awesome means what you think it means.

- Very good conditions unless it's a week when they've held 10 tournaments.

- Excellent practice area....without a doubt.

- Above average course layout.

- Terrible food and beverage service....I've waited for years for it to get better so now I call a spade a spade.

- In comparison of value/price to Toronto it is slightly above average, to London it is below average.
  • Maybe someday you can buy me a beer and tell me what I mean by awesome.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Maybe someday you can buy me a beer and tell me what I mean by awesome.

Good luck with that.......usually etiquette dictates that the money winner buys.
  • When not golfing, I prefer the full yellow slicker, complete with floppy yellow hat. Throw in the black rubber Wellies, and the look is complete. Not exactly fashion forward, but eminently practical.
  • So, what did I miss in the No Fair, Comp thread?
  • Milo wrote: »
    So, what did I miss in the No Fair, Comp thread?

Started a reply but thought it was better in a PM.
  • I assume you mean Tavistock (or as it's sometimes referred to as Tavisstock ;)).

It is stuck in a vortex of time and space where golf along with crokinole and cow tipping were/are the leisure activities of a simpler time.

Alas it is true, quick game of crokinole at the turn around and some cow tipping while you wait for the greens to clear, But hey were else you gonna find a "ok" round of golf for 23 bucks and did I tell ya the best part, No power carts!! Dodging goose shit and breaking 80 on a par 60 it don't get no better. I just might have to find a driving range today. Grand Valley open?
    Grand Valley open?

Unfortunately yes.
  • Wetskins on sale at Canadian Tire this week. 40% off I think.
  • Sometimes I think that, if a Belgrade Quikki-Mart had a 2 for 1 sale going on Squishees, moose would not only know about it before half the citizens of Belgrade did, but he'd also have some sort of bonus coupon allowing him to upgrade to the Super-Jumbo Squishee at no extra cost.

A tip of the cap to you, sir.
  • Pioneer makes some very good quality stuff..