Looking for 180 man turbo review

Hey guys.

I know there are a few here that play the 180 turbos regularly (and make $). I've started playing the $2.50 games with some success (+$40 in 23 games), but I think that is mainly because of luck imo.

I have a tendency to play them more like the 45 man turbos which I am pretty sure is wrong.

I'd like to send someone a few hand histories and get some pointers on my game.

Thanks

Comments

• I didn't know assholes had manners? :D
  • costanza wrote: »
    I didn't know assholes had manners? :D

gfys

Better? :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    gfys

Better? :D

:D
  • I'd look at them for sure, but might as well post hands so everyone can learn^-^

180 mans are mostly the same, less bubble effects, but a lot more variance (so people say but I don't believe them :confused:)

You'll prob do fine without any change, not sure what the other fields are like but there are regs everywhere in these. To make a good run at things opr'ing your tables is essential.

Biggest scariest difference between 180 mans and 45's...

<^^>
  • I wouldn't mind looking at some together with darbday
  • darbday wrote: »

Biggest scariest difference between 180 mans and 45's...

<^^>

lol :arghh:
  • If anyone is interested, I've uploaded my files here.
    They will be there until March 17

There are 3 tourneys in the zipfile.

I final table, 1 mid exit and one early exit
  • downloaded, ill take a gander tonight probs
  • No rush.

Thanks
    No rush.

Thanks

NO MORE MANNERS :arghh:
    NO MORE MANNERS :arghh:

sorry .... errrr I mean FU!!!!
  • I went to look at the hands :D

the file for T#529558857 is incomplete/odd format , it is the third one in the list
  • I will try to take a look this week sometime.... Not sure im qualified, but thats okay.
    I went to look at the hands :D

the file for T#529558857 is incomplete/odd format , it is the third one in the list

:D I sent the tournament summary and not the HH

DOH!!!
  • reibs wrote: »
    I will try to take a look this week sometime.... Not sure im qualified, but thats okay.

Always nice to have more than one point of view.
    I went to look at the hands :D

Try this link

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3Brek9pOC9LVlhOTzhUQw

Perfect.

Ill get back to ya after i RAPPPPEEE this glorious sunday :D

In all seriousness, Ill bust everything before supper and ill be just going thru hands in my replayer :arghh:
  • Just took a quick glance yesterday on one of them. I'll look more today if I can, seems really strange that you would open limp most pots early on and also that you 3bet AJo vs an iso raise pre antes even. I'm not sure I can relate to your thought processes early on in these, you have more experience than me in 45 mans + tho
  • Lots of good std. lines. I don't think I saw the same hh as Rich but I agree with him I've never been okay with open limping, play your same game but raise when you enter. Some good players and regs limp though, but they also check fold their under pairs and check raise their sets :|.

This hand I don't think is an iso, someone could correct me. I'd had to see more hands though to find out why your doing it because the rest of your hands were pretty std and solid.

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds, 9 Players

BB: 1,385
    UTG: 1,465
    UTG+1: 995
    UTG+2: 2,420
    MP1: 1,654
    MP2: 1,965
    CO: 3,903
    BTN: 1,045
    Hero (SB): 6,270

Pre-Flop: (300) Qspadenormal.gif 8spadenormal.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
    UTG raises to 1,465 and is All-In, 6 folds, Hero raises to 4,500

Here you do something thats not std. from the rest of your hands and raise it up big. It's not only a tell but its slightly discouraging everyone else from making a mistake

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 25 Ante, 9 Players

UTG: 5,210
    Hero (UTG+1): 4,055
    UTG+2: 8,789
    MP1: 2,465
    MP2: 1,320
    CO: 2,167
    BTN: 2,470
    SB: 17,067
    BB: 3,565

Pre-Flop: (675) Qheartnormal.gif Qclubnormal.gif dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
    UTG folds, Hero raises to 1,350

I saw some good shoves Q7s etc
  • observations through the first game...tourn number 499004586

fyi - I dont open limp either. at least minraise

I dont like the AJo hand richard was talkin about. Flat imo

The very next hand 55 is a perfect example of why u dont limp. raise to 125 imo

Then you 3.5x it with AJo in CO... I think 2.5 max would do the trick. Result is prob same regardless here though. Overall lately, im minraising my entire range once blinds are like 100/200. Trying to steal more with it.

Hand where u open jam 16bb with A8o in sb no antes, i've been min raising vs randoms. seems to be working well so far...

Q7 hand is prob fine shortly after, but i like cbet like 40-50% of pot then smash the turn instead.

I am jamming atc in sb vs random bb and eff stacks <10 bb w antes. Also make sure you abuse nonregs on the money and FT bubbles.

Lots of solid lines, some std ones. gg

I will try to look at the rest too.