any opinions on this hand?

hello all,
after reading some great answers and discussion about sweetjimmi and the KK situation, i thought i'd like to get some views on a hand i played...

home tourney--21 players to start-- down to about 13 or 14 players-- i'm utg with 1500 in chips (started out w/ 2000, avg stack 2500), bb@150, i have AKh so i open-raise 500, next player raises all-in w/ 1650, fold to bb who calls all-in (1300 in chips). i consider folding but decide against it and call. raiser has QQ and caller has JTo flop comes down
Js Tc 8d, turn 3c river 5h.

first off, who calls a raise and re-raise w/ JTo?!
second, does anyone lay down big slick in my seat?

any and all comments appreciated!

Comments

• first off, who calls a raise and re-raise w/ JTo?!
    WOW... just a little loose for my standards!!!
    Unless both of these players are rocks...(and apparently the BB isn't), I think you have to call and take a shot. You're below avg stack and have to take a chance to get into better position... your last 1000 into a 3500 pot??... with Big Slick.... pretty easy call I think!!

I go broke here too!!
  • first off, who calls a raise and re-raise w/ JTo?!

Somebody I want to play poker with?

I wouldn't. You're basically crippled here if you fold, leaving yourself with less than 7 big blinds, and the BB coming up for you next hand.

An interesting question follow-up is: exactly what range of hands you would call all-in with in the identical scenario (that is, you had originally made it 500 to go)?

AJs? AQ? AK? AKs? KQs? TT? QQ? Axs? 22? Your "favorites"?

Follow-up question 2: Might just calling UTG with AKs and a stack of 10 big blinds be better?*

Follow-up question 3: Re-do follow-up question number 1 assuming you had originally limped-in instead.

ScottyZ

*This is not supposed to be a loaded question that I'm asking just because I think the answer is yes. I actually think it's pretty close between moving all-in, raising the minimum, or calling.
  • I probably fold it. Small favourite/big dog situation. I am going to keep my $1000 and take a shot.