Comments

• Well, the poor dear has bills to pay . . . and 2 houses . . . and she's not working. What a doofus.
  • Anyone up for a road trip to have a chat with little miss lazy ass?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Anyone up for a road trip to have a chat with little miss lazy ass?

Security at her gated community would never let us through . . .
  • It's a sad world we live in.
  • i worked with a guy about 23 years old or so, we worked 4 weeks in camp, food, flight, stay, everything paid for. We got 2 weeks off and flown home for free, he said he had to hit the food bank up cause he spent all his money on his time off...I told him "buddy, thats shits not for you man"

he made over 100k year
  • People take generosity for granted.
  • She won a million, not 500 grand. With the 500 grand, the social assistance would have been acceptable, but a cool mil? NO WAY >:D
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    She won a million, not 500 grand. With the 500 grand, the social assistance would have been acceptable, but a cool mil? NO WAY >:D

Won 1m .... took the lump sum payout 700k .... after taxes 500k
  • hobbes wrote: »
    won 1m .... Took the lump sum payout 700k .... After taxes 500k

doh!!
  • Dumbass should have taken the long term pay out. $50k/year over 20 years is how they do that in the States. Basically she gets a steady income into her mid-40's. Would also cut down on her tax hit, too. People are so stupid about money, sometimes.
  • ^^^

But then she'd have income and would not get food stamps. :)

Hope she buys the new iPad 3 next week.
  • In theory....say someone has $500,000 in assets etc and periodically gets laid off from work....I personally have no problem with them collecting unemployment insurance. Of course welfare is another matter but what I would assume most here would be ok with the ei aspect of this scenario?
  • definitely Ned, if you pay into EI, you should be able to claim it

government takes and takes and takes, this years tax fiasco put me on life tilt pretty bad, the Canadian gov't is NOT in my good books atm
  • Absolutely . . . I have, unfortunately, had to collect a small portion of the total amount of EI payments that I have made over the years. Would love to see the system reformed so that the EI payments that an individual make go into an account for their use ONLY. Still pay-out at the rates as they exist but, upon retirement, any unused portion in "your account" gets converted to an RRSP/RRIF for your retirement years.

Just the employee portion, mind you, the employer portion, can go into genreal coffers.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Absolutely . . . I have, unfortunately, had to collect a small portion of the total amount of EI payments that I have made over the years. Would love to see the system reformed so that the EI payments that an individual make go into an account for their use ONLY. Still pay-out at the rates as they exist but, upon retirement, any unused portion in "your account" gets converted to an RRSP/RRIF for your retirement years.

Just the employee portion, mind you, the employer portion, can go into genreal coffers.
    now i understand what ei and why there was a giant surplus.