Crazy Story tonight with Police @ my house and Pokerstars

So I was grinding away, getting VPPS and police came to my house.. Here is the e-mail i had sent to Pokerstars afterwards explaining my story.

emailtostars.jpg

I had asked for $160 to be refunded to my acct as I was unable 2 play becuase of the officers at my house here is pokerstars reply 30minutes later
Thank you for your patience in waiting for our response regarding your tournament refund request.

We are sorry to hear about your ordeal. We have reviewed your playing history for the tournaments:

As we consider you a valued player at PokerStars, we have issued a credit of $220.00 to your account for the tournaments that were adversely affected.

In closing, we appreciate your business and hope that you recover quickly from what has happened to you.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars and best of luck on the tables.

Regards,

Christina
PokerStars Support Team
---
We are poker!

Where else are you going to get amazing support like this?

<3 you Pokerstars

Comments

• lmao wow what a story, and well done stars support, srsly, no other site would have responded in the same way!
  • Not sure how stars is in anyway responsible for real life events that happen.

Craziness imo
  • I'm still in shock TBH
    This was in no means Pokerstars fault, I guess being Supernova and paying a shitload of rakeback gives you this benefit sometimes..

Here is the full story I had written on another forum
    So I'm sitting in my room playing Poker with my music on and completely zoned into Poker and nothing around me, There was knocking at my door which I did not hear, and than the two officers entered my house and started to yell with there guns pointed.

I left my room seeing who was in my living room, I had expected it to be random friend just coming into my APT, as I usually leave my door open for my friends to randomly come into my place as they wish..

I come out of my room with 3 Pokerstars games open worth $220 and two Police officers standing there with guns pointing at me and to put my hands up over my head.

The one female officer starts to inspect my apartment while the other officer is with me, telling me to keep my hands up in the air and not move. She goes into my Bathroom and Room with the gun pointing, and than enters my room mates room (He wasn't home) with her gun pointing. I'm standing in shock with my hands still up not knowing what the hell is going on.

After they finish inspecting my apartment and find nothing, I finally ask "What is going on here"

They reply, "There was a complaint from somewhere downsitars that they had heard a women screaming upstairs in your apartment."

They start asking if I heard any screaming, and I reply I was playing poker and I did not hear anything.

I end up asking the officer if I can go back to my room to finish my games, as I'm losing a bunch of money standing here, as to what they reply "Is it really that Important?"

I reply back - "Well I think I've lost about $200 since you have entered my apartment"

They finally leave my apartment and I realize I should get a Business card to have Pokerstars e-mail them back so I can get a refund on the money I had lost while I was not able to move, the officer gives me a business card I go back to my apartment.

I e-mail Pokerstars telling them the story, and that in total I had lost $160 in buyins, as I won the last game I had loaded and do not need a refund for the game.

Pokerstars replys back to me 30minutes later with this:
    Thank you for your patience in waiting for our response regarding your tournament refund request.

We are sorry to hear about your ordeal. We have reviewed your playing history for the tournaments:

As we consider you a valued player at PokerStars, we have issued a credit of $220.00 to your account for the tournaments that were adversely affected.

In closing, we appreciate your business and hope that you recover quickly from what has happened to you.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars and best of luck on the tables.

Regards,

So Yah, i asked for $160 to be refunded and Pokerstars had given me $220 for my problems. I love Pokerstars <3

Pretty crazy experience, I have never had a gun held up to me until tonight.

I have no intentions of actually sueing the police, however my friend has said that the police used "unlawful entry" to enter my apartment, however I would do the same as a Police officer and was investigation a complaint about a female screaming in my apartment. I am now curious as to what the law is on this though? My door was closed, however unlocked and the police had opened it to enter my suite.
  • I would be completely freaked out by that. Best thing to do is just do what the police tell you to do. I am glad to hear PokerStars went over and above on this one for your sake.

I have always had exceptional service from PokerStars.
  • omg my worst nightmare ..this is why you have to look over your shoulder ever 5 minutes if you have headphones on

2nd biggest nightmare, fireman tapping you on the shoulder with the fire alarm blaring and smoke 4 ft from the ceiling
  • darbday wrote: »
    omg my worst nightmare ..this is why you have to look over your shoulder ever 5 minutes if you have headphones on

2nd biggest nightmare, fireman tapping you on the shoulder with the fire alarm blaring and smoke 4 ft from the ceiling

i found a pic of you with that cool "dj" look... one on, one off, good precaution... i love this style... u musta learned it from that vekked guy or something :arghh:

dj-Yoda-yoda-master-of-jedi-8180347-500-732.jpg
  • that's a pretty fun and crazy story ^^' at least it's a break from grinding. to nitpick a bit do the cops really need to hold you at gunpoint after busting through an UNLOCKED door in search of an assault vicitm? You'd think the door would be somewhat indicative they got the wrong place
  • i gotta say that that might tilt me slightly.

EDIT: and that makes me paranoid that the cops are going to bust in my place at any time. better hide the illegals.
  • Tcarnage wrote: »
    paying a shitload of rakeback gives you this benefit sometimes..
    Yes, if you pay a lot of rake, well-trained gambling employees have the authority to comp you. As a VIP member on another site, I would make a phone call (BTW toll-free 24 hrs/day) about an issue I had, then I would unexpectedly be given cash!
  • Police responding to a report of a woman allegedly screaming in your apartment and entering would not be unlawful entry whether the door was locked or non.

Very interesting story though. Probably for the officers as well. I doubt they've ever had someone tell them they have to get back to their poker game while checking a place out.

I'd be interested in why your neighbour's thought they heard a woman screaming from your apartment. They must have been pretty convinced if they called the cops.
  • I'd be interested in why your neighbour's thought they heard a woman screaming from your apartment. They must have been pretty convinced if they called the cops.

Must have been the other program running on his computer. :)
  • Or, he took a bad beat and screamed out in anger.... and that darned 23rd chromosome didn't fully avail a masculine enough octave?
  • wow thats insane. Pokerstars is the best when it comes to things like this. Thats why I only play there :D
  • Speaking of police going inside the home of an innocent man, read
    Ktchener man arrested after daughter draws picture of gun at school.
    While several officers arrested him while picking up his children at school, more police raided his home where his pregnant wife was taken into the police station. They searched the house upside down and all they found was a plastic toy gun, and the family was eventually released. :rolleyes:
  • Yep not too long ago I had a random $60 HT satty pop up in the middle of my 15 tables of $2 180s. I assume it was tableninja spazzing out, but stars reimbursed me after a few emails. Never had a problem with their cs...

OP, crazy ass story. I can't imagine being held at gunpoint.
  • Crazy story
  • What a crazy story nice to see stars help you out
  • Where did u hide the girl?
  • reibs wrote: »
    OP, crazy ass story. I can't imagine being held at gunpoint.

Remind me to tell you about running the US border at the Royal Cup next month. :D
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Where did u hide the girl?

LOL, I was waiting for this :P
  • Life fail