Kijiji right or wrong?

OK so I had an ad posted on Kijij looking for poker players. I made sure to mention no rake or fees or anything like that.
they took it down. I asked them why and they replied:

Thank you for contacting Kijiji Canada Community Support. I would be happy to help clarify. We have had to remove your ad as it has violated our posting policies. Specifically, it is prohibited to post any illegal lottery or gambling ads. As there was no mention of a gaming license in your ad, it was removed.

Under the Criminal Code, it is unlawful to conduct or manage a game of chance, including lotteries, slot machines, card games, fortune wheels, and random draws, except as specifically exempted and we recommend that you research the legalities pertaining to this if you have yet to apply for a licence with your local municipality or the province.

license?! hahaha they MUST think im raking the games then. Because correct me if I am wrong but you only need a license if you want to rake or charge a fee to players in ontario?

Comments

• I think they're covering their asses and using a blanket policy of removing all posts regarding poker.
  • If you are not "raking" your game, it is legal. That said, holychow is probably right in that this is a CYA policy. I would STILL contact them, and correct their thinking, using your posting as an example, but I would not expect them to change their minds.
  • That's my point. Of course a non-raked game is legal and we know that. The general population doesn't understand the difference between a raked and non-raked game and likely assumes all poker is illegal. The ding dongs that shuts posts down doesn't know the difference or doesn't care. Maybe the OLG gives them a "bonus" for every poker post they kill. LOL

I wouldn't bother trying to change their mind. You'll probably just get pissed off.

BTW, if you're having problems getting a game going on a poker forum then posting on Kijiji isn't likely to help. I would try attending local games hosted by other members and look for players there. I wouldn't try pouching players because that's not cool and likely will cause you problems down the line. Good luck with the game.
  • ya. the second one I put up hasnt been taken down yet lol..

But i have a friend that works or volunteers or something for kijiji so Ill get him to help me out if they take it down again