gg Whitney Houston

Its being reported that Whitney Houston, aged 42 has died. Details have not been released yet.

Such a waste of such a remarkable talent.

Comments

• I feel bad for her children, not much sympathy for those that choose to abuse drugs.
  • What a waste. Unfortunate that she didnt have anyone strong in her life to help her. I assume this was drug related.
  • She was 48. Could have been a nice payday . . . Didn't Cerb have her last year?
  • Bobby Brown person of interest?

I always get a kick out of the sudden outpouring of sadness / fans when someone like this dies. She hasn't even been relevant in, what, 10 years?

Same thing with Michael Jackson.... nobody mentions the kid-touching stuff anymore.

Mark
  • It's ok. She's with her career now.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    It's ok. She's with her career now.

I see what you did there <.<
  • Naah, she won't be with her career until they cremate her . . .
  • Nice job guys. Wife now thinks all involved in DPIII are assholes as her friends are sharing anecdotes about remembering listening to her on their tape walkmans, etc.
  • Nice job guys. Wife now thinks all involved in DPIII are assholes

She's not wrong :D

Mark- What does recent relevance have to do with fan support? She sold 200 million records during her career. (Coulda been much more if she had some decent support). She was a really, really talented SUPERSTAR. Sure, I didn't like her music, but so many people did. They have the right express grief/shock as much as anybody else.
  • I do remember watching her and in spite of not having any appreciation for her genre of music, you would be a fool to say she didn't have an incredible voice.

Grief for sureJohn. Shock is a sliding scale on this one. Naive (not to be read in a derogatory sense) innocent disbelief absolutely. There are some in this life who are doomed to not die at a healthy old age. She took a path years ago that charted her on this course.
  • Nice job guys. Wife now thinks all involved in DPIII are assholes as her friends are sharing anecdotes about remembering listening to her on their tape walkmans, etc.

Glad I got out after last year :)

I think we might be jumping on the heartless jerk bandwagon a little soon. I mean, with MJ, that guy deserved every bit of vile he got. Whitney didn't destroy anyone other than herself.

RIP.

Hopefully she doesn't yell "This really IS Heaven" and then try to snort all the clouds.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Glad I got out after last year :)

I think we might be jumping on the heartless jerk bandwagon a little soon. I mean, with MJ, that guy deserved every bit of vile he got. Whitney didn't destroy anyone other than herself.

RIP.

Hopefully she doesn't yell "This really IS Heaven" and then try to snort all the clouds.

You, sir, are a bit magical at times!

Mark
  • Nice job guys. Wife now thinks all involved in DPIII are assholes
    Make sure you tell her I wasn't making any comments.. :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Make sure you tell her I wasn't making any comments.. :)

Just saw this and immediately told her you were the one who started the thread. I might have to leave the house soon.

The reaction to this across various personality types is kind of interesting (hey, it's Sunday morning. Picking up dog poop can be slightly interesting).

So far, I've seen angry moms being angry for her having died and wasted her life and fame on drugs and being a poor role model. Poker players (all guys) cracking jokes (funny one being "Dammit Kostner you had one job!", although Cerb's snorting clouds is funnier.) Former addicts/families of addicts being sad and empathetic. etc. etc. etc. etc.

She can't say she didn't have an impact. Seriously, she can't say it! Oh boy..
  • Just saw this and immediately told her you were the one who started the thread. I might have to leave the house soon.

ouch... does she know where I live?
    ouch... does she know where I live?

She's currently googling Milton IP's and she's this angry:

shesthisangry.jpg
  • She's currently googling Milton IP's and she's this angry:

shesthisangry.jpg

oh oh... I'll help... My IP is 209.240.120.68 :)

That's either mine, Mark's or Philli's isn't it?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    You, sir, are a bit magical at times!

Mark

I does what I can, sir.

Just posted this on FB: Well, skies over Windsor seem to be clearing up. Guess Whitney Houston is a little confused as to what clouds are made of.

Too soon?

Pretty sure I'll get a call from my mom tonight for that one :)

HEY NOW !!!

Total surprise when I opened the www last night and saw the headline. But that was more about the "when" rather than the "if" of her passing. Not my taste musically, but no doubt one of the top 5 female voices of my lifetime. It is sad the path her life took, but we all make decisions that others may question. Mark's point about overly dramatic displays is valid, however. It is like all the teddy bears that show up when a child dies.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    That's either mine, Mark's or Philli's isn't it?

Naw, actually it's one of Fed's old ones.. Woulda loved to see what happened when a mad Mrs wildbill showed up on his doorstep... ;)