Macleod's American house - raked game

Just to let players be warned that in Waterdown their is a raked game being played monday nights. If you play or know someone who playes in this game please seek other games to play or start your own. There are free poker leagues close by in Burlington or hamilton. Sorry for using the forum to vent.

Comments

• Did you lose a big pot there or something?
  • There are free poker leagues close by in Burlington

more details please
  • If you look at his first post last year, same MO... not likely to be a contributing member here..
  • Reverse Psychology marketing? :D
  • Coupled with the post Jeff mentioned from last year, I think he's involved in a conspiracy to slowly erode the level of positivity we've found on here of late.

Or, what Hobbes said..
  • Just to let players be warned that in Waterdown their is a raked game being played monday nights. If you play or know someone who playes in this game please seek other games to play or start your own. There are free poker leagues close by in Burlington or hamilton. Sorry for using the forum to vent.

douche
  • @ pokerjah > I did not lose a big pot, I do not like players being taken advantage. Prefer a no rake game.

@ muddguts > aces & eights, elite & bullets poker tour

@ gta poker > you must like playing raked games. I remember when i played in SOME of games in the gta area. $20 + rakes and some of the dealers palming some chips. you must like that

I guess i could have or should have notified the the agco but i do no blame the bar. or would i want to take the players fun. just want to educate the players and get them to play somewhere else.
  • I was there last winter. The lady charges $10 to play. has 2 games, there is 15 to 20 players. keeps all the money and after ten weeks buys a tv for the season ending tournament. i did not play due to no pay out. She told me she got the idea from someone hamilton. i talked to the players, they seamed okay with it.
  • I was there last winter. The lady charges $10 to play. has 2 games, there is 15 to 20 players. keeps all the money and after ten weeks buys a tv for the season ending tournament. i did not play due to no pay out. She told me she got the idea from someone hamilton. i talked to the players, they seamed okay with it.

wait, what? first place is a tv?
  • trigs wrote: »
    wait, what? first place is a tv?

and is the only place/prize?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    and is the only place/prize?

Sorry but I do not have any other info. Only there once and that is the info I got. Their may or not be other prizes. I did not play. Tried to find out other thread about this game. I do not know when or title, if there is more info.
  • More than a year has gone by since this first post but I feel I need to clarify a few items. I play in this game every Monday. It's fun, social and private. You need to know a player in the game to play.
    Firstly, the prize is NOT a TV, at least not anymore. The game has evolved exponentially in two years and so have the players. 19-24 every week.
    Secondly, seems like the first post from "douche bag" was meant to harm the local pub. Why would you do that and risk an owner losing his licence? This game is now private because of people like him. They've already received a warning when someone reported the game. The new owners were nervous but have allowed the game to continue. This has made us all very happy :)
  • @ pokerjah > I did not lose a big pot, I do not like players being taken advantage. Prefer a no rake game.

Not too many games around that aren't raked for some reason or other...the host needs to cover the costs somehow. In the case of this league you have a Dealer on every table.
    Something is telling me this guy is not a big tipper.:D
  • More than a year has gone by since this first post but I feel I need to clarify a few items. I play in this game every Monday. It's fun, social and private. You need to know a player in the game to play.
    Firstly, the prize is NOT a TV, at least not anymore. The game has evolved exponentially in two years and so have the players. 19-24 every week.
    Secondly, seems like the first post from "douche bag" was meant to harm the local pub. Why would you do that and risk an owner losing his licence? This game is now private because of people like him. They've already received a warning when someone reported the game. The new owners were nervous but have allowed the game to continue. This has made us all very happy :)
    Why would you even post here if it is private and you don't want publicity. As you were advised before (repeatedly) this game as described is illegal and just because it hasn't been busted doesn't make it so... keep it low key, stay off the radar and you likely will be ok... BUT, no guarantees.

Most of us have played many "illegal" games over the years but we don't advertise it... Some of us have been in attendance when games have been busted (no fun) and it is not just cash games...
  • WOW Sunshine
    I have run a poker league in a bar, halls and my garage. Once the bar gets their warning, well I have never risked the license. I am sure YOU are putting them at risk. You should move your game into a hall or home for the owners sake. You just confessed yourself on the forum. I hate it when people have the need to open their traps about others. You did not need to defend yourself just because some douche was upset with your game.