Pokerstars sng changes

Hey all fellow sit n go peeps.

Here is the thread I am involved in in regards to sit n go changes that stars has done with registration of sng's, we have moved to other areas as you can see with the top 2 being higher buy in hypers and showing names in lobby for 18 man's.

I have stated that I put my name in if they ever look for player reps for sng's, ya it's never gonna happen which I am fine with, as you can see some of the top sng players are involved in this thread.

Since we have players on here who cover pretty much all stakes for sng's I thought it would be good to get some input from you.

Looking at wolfhound, trigs, BTP, Hobbes, reibs, darbday are the ones off the top of my head.

As you can see there are no big fights even if we don't agree with each others ideas and we are working together to try and improve sng's across the board on stars.

Feel free obviously to post your ideas, thoughts etc etc on sng's.

Number of Registering Sit & Gos on PokerStars - Page 13 - STT Poker Strategy - Single Table Tournament Poker Forum

Comments

• I'll keep tabs on this to make sure that any input posted in this thread is considered and sent along to Walmsley, our Sit n Go Manager.

Dylan
  • I'll keep tabs on this to make sure that any input posted in this thread is considered and sent along to Walmsley, our Sit n Go Manager.

Dylan

Do you mean this Walmsley?

PS Walmsley
    PokerStars Sit & Go Manager

I would hope he was monitoring the thread since he started it :)

Dylan

Hi Dylan!

I did not want to hijack your thread on here to point out the main thread on 2p2, so I thought a new one was best just to let ya know. :)

Like I said above we have a range of sng players on here that covers pretty much all different sizes and game types.

So of course one of my main ones are show names in lobby for 18 man's! ;)
  • They got a official thread on 2p2 now, some of you may already have seen it but if it brings us sng players some benefits than this may be a good thing.

*** OFFICIAL PokerStars STT Suggestion Thread *** - STT Poker Strategy - Single Table Tournament Poker Forum
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Do you mean this Walmsley?

PS Walmsley
    PokerStars Sit & Go Manager

I would hope he was monitoring the thread since he started it :)

Yes, that Walmsley :). You're welcome to post your suggestions there, my point was that you can post them here as well and they will receive equal consideration.

Cheers,

Dylan
  • Ok sng peeps!

Now is the time to suggest some stuff for sng`s, I gave a lil push to the sng manager in the 2p2 thread and he posted this morning about what may happen and asking for ideas.

This includes a revamped battle of the planets which I and a few others asked for as you can see, but they may scrap the battle of the planets and use that money for different sng promotions if interest is leaning that way.

Here is his post........

We are considering various options for changes to leaderboards for Sit & Gos. Some of those potential options include a separate leaderboard for 45-180s, re-structuring Battle of the Planets or perhaps even a completely new approach to promoting Sit & Gos.

A survey seeking feedback on leaderboards and Battle of the Planets has been sent out to a representative group of players. If feedback from the survey indicates that Battle of the Planets isn’t a major factor for players when deciding what to play, we would consider changing to a simpler, cut-down version and diverting funds to other SNG promotions instead.

If anyone has any promotional ideas for Sit & Gos, by all means suggest them in this thread. Bear in mind that one of the major reasons for any promotion is to encourage new players to play Sit & Gos, although they have to make business sense as well. So while “Free money for all SNG players!” would no doubt boost the player pool, we probably wouldn’t go for that

Promotions should aim to attract new players rather than just moving a player from one game to another. Also consider the possibility of promotional ideas that might not benefit you immediately, but would indirectly benefit you in the longer term by boosting the player pool and making games more attractive.
    user_offline.gifquote.gif
  • OHHHHH CRAP! After posting about a sng rep, it appears stars has agreed for 1 person to attend meetings in April:o.

PokerStars/TPT-users: April 2012 Meeting proposed - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum
  • philliivey wrote: »
    OHHHHH CRAP! After posting about a sng rep, it appears stars has agreed for 1 person to attend meetings in April:o.

PokerStars/TPT-users: April 2012 Meeting proposed - Internet Poker - Online Poker Forum

So are you going to represent PFC Philli?
  • bump for da peeps

images-7.jpg