Fallsview Update thread . . .

13»

Comments

• My buddy Steve Howchin won it. Another good friend Marty finnished 4th.

the last 3 guys did a 3 way chop for 100K each, then played for the extra 25grand. Steve won that and the trophy. I am gonna take a few pics tonight of the trophy.

We are having a party at The King of Clubs tonight.

the last 3 guys did a 3 way chop for 100K each, then played for the extra 25grand. Steve won that and the trophy. I am gonna take a few pics tonight of the trophy.

Steve doesn't live far from me. We have played often together. He was going to play the Royal with the Rocks once but had to cancel.. Good guy...

Wonder how they worked the chop since Fallsview stated they wouldn't be part of any transactions... Will have to ask him...

False lol the last 2 guys chopped for 100k each and played for 25k.

1st paid 150k, 2nd 75k and 3rd just under 40k.....impossible for them to all get at least 100k :P
  • Fallsview just wants the tournament finished with one player officially winning all the chips, then doesn't care what the players do at the cage. Fallsview won't officially recognize a deal or enforce it, so you have to trust that the first place guy won't run away with the $150,000 and will give you back $25,000.
    compuease wrote: »
    Wonder how they worked the chop since Fallsview stated they wouldn't be part of any transactions... Will have to ask him...
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Fallsview just wants the tournament finished with one player officially winning all the chips, then doesn't care what the players do at the cage. Fallsview won't officially recognize a deal or enforce it, so you have to trust that the first place guy won't run away with the $150,000 and will give you back $25,000.

Do you know that for a fact? I'll ask Steve and see what really happened..
  • What blonde fish said is accurate. I asked a floor about deal making and they said they won't do it but they can't stop it as they aren't private investigators lol.
  • We are having a party at The King of Clubs tonight.

What is this King of Clubs you speak of?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    What is this King of Clubs you speak of?

PM if you want details.
  • King of Clubs is a local underground. Good club run by some very decent people
  • With, on occasion, a very genial dealer . . .
  • Is he the guy that ran that tourney at the Holiday Inn near the QEW & Bronte ? I think it was called Hardball Poker or something like that.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Is he the guy that ran that tourney at the Holiday Inn near the QEW & Bronte ? I think it was called Hardball Poker or something like that.

Not sure about that one but did co-run one at Holiday Inn, Milton 3 yrs ago or so.. I dealt and played..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Not sure about that one but did co-run one at Holiday Inn, Milton 3 yrs ago or so.. I dealt and played..

this djgolfcan, is the one that you and I FT'd
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    this djgolfcan, is the one that you and I FT'd

That's the one !! You knocked me out in 4th. My first live poker tournament, ever. It was all downhill from there. lol.
  • lol I played that one, same Steve?

You have a last name for Marty...been filling out top 10 one name at a time..have 1st, 5th, 7th and 9th so far....
  • 8th was jamil11 online. Jamil Wakil. 6th was some eddie something, lives in detroit. Not sure of 4th last name but name is martin. 3rd dont know name at all but is in moormans stable I believe. Lives in England.
  • jontm wrote: »
    You have a last name for Marty...been filling out top 10 one name at a time..have 1st, 5th, 7th and 9th so far....

pm sent
  • False lol the last 2 guys chopped for 100k each and played for 25k.

1st paid 150k, 2nd 75k and 3rd just under 40k.....impossible for them to all get at least 100k :P

You are 100 % correct. Final two chopped. I shouldn't listen to second hand info.
  • Anybody have 2.5k/5k updates?
  • Lock Pro Nicky Evans won 2.5, deal for 240k. Tom Middleton chopped 5k for 193, they were plying for trophy. Both From UK.
  • 8th was jamil11 online. Jamil Wakil.

Whoops..when I was railing I was referring to him as JamilJ lol