Season 1 Game 3 Rebuy/Add on Brampton Feb. 18th 2pm.

This is game 3 of the regular season. Registration will start at 1:45 pm and cards will be dealt at 2pm.

The season will consist of 10 regular games, with a final tournament of champions at the end with a progressive prize pot accumulated over the season.

The format of the regular season league games are as follows:
Game: NLHE
Starting Stack: $5,000 in tournament chips
Buy In: $40
Rebuys: Max 2 within the first 3 blind levels
Add On: 1 add on of $20 for $3,000 in tournament chips, done at the end of the first 3 blind levels.
Blind Levels: 20 minutes
Payout: 65/35 up to 9 players, 50/30/20 9 to 17 players, 45/25/20/10 up to 25 players.
There will be a 10% rake of the tournament prize pool that will be sent to the prize pot for the final tournament of champions. In order to qualify for the final tournament of champions you must have played in a minimum of 5 regular season tournaments. For the eligible players for the final tournament of champions, there will be a $5 increase in buy in for every game missed of regular season to a max of $25. Therefore your new buy in is $40 (regular) plus $25 in missed games for a total entry fee of $65.

There will also be a points system in effect that will determine extra starting chips given to the starting stack at the tournament of champions.
10 points for each tournament played in
100 points for a win
80 for 2nd
60 for 3rd
40 for 4th

For every 20 points earned you will get one $25 tournament chip added to your final tournament stack!

1-8 players 100 pts for 1st, 80pts for 2nd and 10 points for every player there
9-17 players 100 pts for 1st, 80 pts for 2nd, 60 points for 3rd and 10 pts for every player there.
17-25 players 100 pts for 1st, 80 pts for 2nd, 60 pts for 3rd, 40 pts for 4th and 10 pts for every player there.

1.) Irunit4times
2.) Anita
3.) Don
4.) Antoun
5.) Antoun +1 T
6.) Enrico T
7.) Mike T
8.) Robert F. T
9.) Saf T
10.) Salim T

Comments

• Anyone looking to play this weekend, let me know!
  • For those interested in playing this, please see the following link to the new double header thread created!

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/brampton-double-header-ching-hill-deepstack-irunit4times-rebuy-add-games-27652/
  • Thank you soo much to all of you who came out, it was tough organizing this double header so soon. I think I lost so of my regular players by making it later but a bunch of great new faces to my game were a pleasant addition. A big conrats goes to shifty for taking down first, AJ for an awesome runner up and greg for rounding out the top 3.

I want to say thank you for coming and playing, the game could have run a little smoother, I am working at fixing these small leaks, but I dont have the seasons AJ has under his belt yet so please bare with me.

Also I will soon make a thread for my season to include the standings, game dates, and TOC prize pool etc.

As for now the TOC prize pool is at $200.

Thanks again everyone and hope to see you all again at the next one as well as some new faces.
  • Alex, thanks for hosting the second half. You've got a nice setup going, just need some more games and experience to get your league running nicely. It'll come...you've built it ;)

It was a sick day of poker, starting at 1pm and ending after 1am. Two tourneys, two cash games, and a lot of fun. Except when my aces get cracked last hand of the rebuy. Man that one hurt. Thanks for coming out to you and your crew, made a great day.
  • Thanks a lot AJ, I do appreciate the words. Now to invest in those chips I was talking about! Any suggestions for a cheap set of denominational tournament chips that would cover my games?
  • Thanks a lot AJ, I do appreciate the words. Now to invest in those chips I was talking about! Any suggestions for a cheap set of denominational tournament chips that would cover my games?

Considering selling my Pharaoh's if you're interested. Great set for a beginner chipper, and most likely won't see much action at my place any longer. Only used a few times, but since I got the GCR's and now these E&C's, I boxed them up.

Also considering selling my Presidents set, the ones I used to use for league games. Next time you come over, come abit earlier and I'll show you both of them.

You definitely need a good set. After playing with those dice chips, I just felt dirty
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    You definitely need a good set. After playing with those dice chips, I just felt dirty

Well that about sums it up!

I will definately make a point of it to come earlier and see and chat about the chips!

Thanks
  • Well that about sums it up!

I will definately make a point of it to come earlier and see and chat about the chips!

Thanks

Alex, I've got samples, and I'm home today. If you want 'em they're yours. Two different types of ceramics, China clays. You can look over the various sets I've got to see what you like.

Let me know if you're interested. If I head out of the house, I'll drop the samples off, if you like.
  • Hey Milo, if you have my number still, please gimme a call, I would love to see some today!
  • Not sure what the consensus would be for a "beginner chipper" but I found on straight poker supplies some 500 piece denom. for $90 or $140 a case. Not that bad, nothing like obviously AJ or Milo has in the collection, but would be a start for denom chips in play at my games. What do you think? at the $140 case it's .32..... damn i think I just answered my own question cuz I think that is what AJ is selling his for again. I will have to see them, but at $90 a case .20 a chip. Not as stunning chips but would serve the purpose no?
  • Careful with some of those, as they might not be much of an upgrade on your current chips. do not have your number. My cellie will be PM'ed shortly.
  • I hope I did this right uploading the picture of the chips for $90 a case. Lemme know what you think!
  • Okay, if memory serves these are 14g slugged chips. Basicalkly gussied up dice chips, only heavier. On the same page, look at his "Crazy Horse" line. Those are China Clays, and much better quality.
  • These are the $140 a case chips, I kind of like the monte carlos but thoughts are appreciated!
  • Now you're getting it . . . these are China Clay chips. 11IIRC, you buy them in lots of 25, right?

Edit: 14g? Might be mistaken about these . . .
  • Slugged plastic really. Not my preference tbh. Get
    Milo's samples that will show u the difference. You can't go wrong with the Pharaohs Dunes or Desert palms
  • I am now looking at this set up chips. I like the design, and after a lengthy discussion with milo, we came to agree that this would be a nice budget friendly set to start off with.