Comments

• This makes me sad.
  • I can't say this doesn't hurt, but I was really sad when Mr. Dressup died.
  • Mr. Dressup wasn't good but the Friendly Giant was the worst.

Especially after CBC did this:

Friendly Giant puppets pulled from CBC - thestar.com
  • Hey, I liked Mr. Dressup and the Friendly Giant (look waaaaaaaaay up), but for songs and stories and so much more.......the Polka Dot Door.

Imagination Day was always the bomb.

Without a doubt though #1 highlight of every day was the Sesame St. theme song starting.
  • damn it. i missed him again.
  • In order:

Mr. Dressup
    Fred Penner
    Sharon, Lois and Bram's Elephant Show
    Polka Dot Door
    Today's Special
    Sesame Street
    Friendly Giant
    Mr. Rogers
  • trigs wrote: »
    damn it. i missed him again.

I don't give out likes very often, but this deserves ten.
  • My friend's brother was on Polka Dot Door for a while and had to don the Polkaroo costume. Usually when you see someone on the show disappear during an episode, that's where they've gone.

It was pretty funny. My friend didn't even know his brother was doing the show and we were flipping around channels. All of a sudden his jaw dropped. "Holy crap, it's Gord!"

From what Gord told us later was that it was a really fun show to work on.
  • Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, Friendly Giant. That is all.
  • Does anybody else remember Schnitzel House from 1964-1967?

The set of CHCH-TV's Schnitzel House was a little German Chalet type room. Cliff McKay hosted as Grandpa Schnitzel, complete with lederhosen. Grandpa Schnitzel sang the Schnitzel House theme song at the beginning and end of the show. It went, "Inky Dinky, Inky Dinky, Inky Dinky Schnitzel House."

Anybody, comp, Snowflake?
  • Mr Ed, Father knows best, Sea Hunt, The Lone Ranger, Flipper, McHale's Navy, Hopalong Cassidy, Bat Masterson.... oh the memories...
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Does anybody else remember Schnitzel House from 1964-1967?

Anybody, comp, Snowflake?
    Too old for that one.
  • I only remember this:
  • But, the best was . . .

The Hilarious House of Frightenstein. God I miss Billy Van . . .
  • Not sure if some of you oldsters are aware of this site or not.. Love the old Beatles first television appearance..

The Great TV Shows Of The 50's 60's & Roots Of Rock & Roll Oldies Television
  • Just thought of a couple more from earlier, Howdy Doody and The Little Rascals. You guys missed some good stuff!
  • This should be a memories thread, on this same site just found the video recording of Petula Clark doing downtown circa 1964, I was 16 and boy was she hot! That song debued in the UK and was only kept out of the #1 spot by who else, but the Beatles "I Feel Fine".. It later was released in the US and did make #1.. Boy was she hot!

not so much now.. :(
  • What about Barbapapa ? Clickety Clicktey barba trick !!
  • Milo wrote: »
    But, the best was . . .

The Hilarious House of Frightenstein. God I miss Billy Van . . .

Cooking with Griselda and the wolf man...oh yeah !!!!!

The Sloth.....ooga boga.......but the professor was my fav. Loved his physics lessons
  • Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Winnie The Pooh (still love the theme song to this day), Tale Spin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Power Rangers, Gloworms (shut up) and My Pet Monster.

Also, going for live action kids shows, how the hell has no one in this thread mentioned Romper Room!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Winnie The Pooh (still love the theme song to this day), Tale Spin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Power Rangers, Gloworms (shut up) and My Pet Monster.

Also, going for live action kids shows, how the hell has no one in this thread mentioned Romper Room!

Romper room.Lmao. A classic! Not!....... What about the Bugs bunny road runner hour every saturday and sunday at 5pm? And Disney at 6pm on sunday? And surely you cant leave out H.R. Puff and Stuff?.....lolol
  • Life was simpler grinding these tv shows. Good memories!