Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge sub-forum

When is there going to be a KWC sub-forum? It seems most of the threads posted in the Ontario sub-forum relate to this area.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comments

• Was discussed previously... deemed unnecessary.

Mark
  • Don't most people just use "Quick Links", "Today's Posts"? Then it doesn't really matter how things are broken up.
  • It totally matters. We in KW (and Cambridge) demand equality! Don't we?
  • I would prefer if there were not subforums. I missed AJ's last tournament because I never looked in the Brampton thread. I like that everyone gets to see my tournament posting when it is in the Ontario section. I vote we get rid of the subforums.
  • C'mon everybody knows that Toronto in the Centre of the Universe, not KW.
  • Where would the New Hamburg tournaments go if there was a K-W Cambridge subforum? Ayr? Elmira? Breslau? Bloomingdale? Ariss? etc.
  • You've got it all wrong. KW IS the main forum. Everything else is a sub-forum of us.
  • moose wrote: »
    You've got it all wrong. KW IS the main forum. Everything else is a sub-forum of us.

True true. Maybe we should re-name it KW and surrounding area.
  • Aren't sub-forums assigned based on the quality of players/people in the area? KW can't have one until you fall below the Hobbes quota.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Aren't sub-forums assigned based on the quality of players/people in the area? KW can't have one until you fall below the Hobbes quota.

So the player quality needs to get worse!!!!
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Yes, exactly what I was trying to say...
  • Ok, Milton MAIN forum in the process of being created, All other forums to bow down in abeyance.. ANY dissenters?:p

Come on step to the front yee fools...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Ok, Milton MAIN forum in the process of being created, All other forums to bow down in abeyance.. ANY dissenters?:p

Come on step to the front yee fools...

ahem
    Chinguacousy Hill Poker League
  • STR82ACE wrote: »

that's just us, trying to keep you are far away from the others as possible
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Where would the New Hamburg tournaments go if there was a K-W Cambridge subforum? Ayr? Elmira? Breslau? Bloomingdale? Ariss? etc.

I'm wondering if there should be dedicated sub-forums for cash games and tournaments, regardless of location.

Or a member could start a thread with all upcoming tourneys and links to their threads. Like a directory of games for each month.

• You mean like the one at the top of the "Home" page?
  • Milo wrote: »
    You mean like the one at the top of the "Home" page?

Those links isn't of any use while using forum apps like Tapatalk. You can only see them from a browser.

• Hobbes wrote: »

That's a goal I've set for myself.

• Hi all,

New to forums so bear with me. Recently moved to KW and dearly miss feeling cards and shuffling chips. Have a newborn so trips to the Falls are a thing of the past. Are there any good 1/2 or 2/5NL games in town? I'm guessing there are, but of course with the po-po watching everything, they are probably not posted on here. Or maybe they are, I haven't really looked yet. See a lot of tourneys advertised but not much in the way of cash games. How would I go about finding out what the underground scene is like? Can anyone help get me on the right track? Thx.
  • Speet wrote: »
    Hi all,

New to forums so bear with me. Recently moved to KW and dearly miss feeling cards and shuffling chips. Have a newborn so trips to the Falls are a thing of the past. Are there any good 1/2 or 2/5NL games in town? I'm guessing there are, but of course with the po-po watching everything, they are probably not posted on here. Or maybe they are, I haven't really looked yet. See a lot of tourneys advertised but not much in the way of cash games. How would I go about finding out what the underground scene is like? Can anyone help get me on the right track? Thx.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure about any game of 1/2 or higher, but there are several rake free home games in the area. Moose runs http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/moose-cash-games-feb-mar-27384/ every other Thursday.

The Cave in Cambridge runs http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/cave-friday-evening-tournaments-26574/ but it has been VERY popular lately, so you may need to get there early.

Also look for MTTs hosted by Buzzzard, Zithal and yours truly as there always is a cash game running afterwards, although the limits are most like .25/.50c
  • Mostly tourneys on here and 99% of cash games are smaller stakes - $0.50/$1 or less with max buyins of $60 or so. There are a couple of threads in the Toronto and Hamilton sub-forums but they usually have a pretty hefty rake.

I just bite the bullet and head to Fallsview.