Options

Yoda: stake?

I am contemplating getting staked to move up to the 180 man 8's, not a fan of bragging and posting stats but I have them to back up the thought.

Its gonna be about 3-5k total i think....not sure the details...will need help setting it up but want to gage any interest before I go elsewhere

pm or post any questions or comments still not sure if its a good idea but I feel like im burning time not playing at a higher level but the jump is too much build a bankroll up in the 2's

so ya its a big stake but i think its a good discussion because if we ever attract real grinders on this site :p they'll go through the same thought process

Comments

• I think 1k is plenty for the 8's (over 100BI)

Are you talking turbos?

Nice stats:
    < $5 (8k profit ABI:$2, Games: 15k)
    $5-$10 ($800 Profit, ABI: $4, Games: 4k)

Fixed number of games or timeline?

I'd be in for $50
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I think 1k is plenty for the 8's (over 100BI)

Are you talking turbos?

Nice stats:
    < $5 (8k profit ABI:$2, Games: 15k)
    $5-$10 ($800 Profit, ABI: $4, Games: 4k)

I'd be in for $50

NO! All the top regs even have HUGE swings in these games. Camz has multiple $2500 downswings in his graph. IMO I'd want $3000 MIN before Im totally out of the $2s and into the $8s. I think Im a nit though. (and yes he's talking turbos)

Personally Yoda, if I were you (not knowing your online roll), I would gradually add them in. Im sure you already knew this, but just in case.... If you 20 table, try playing 15x $2s and 5x$8s or something similar. The result will be less variance, higher abi, higher hourly. Just my two cents.

Its a lot different if you are playing for a living or playing for a side income though....

Regardless Id be in for something prob.... Maybe $100-200? Depends when it starts I guess...

turbos for sure thats my specialty...

didn't even think about whether number of games or timeline...is there a better one? the timeline will be short either way since i can rock about 200 games per day pretty easy...and prob triple if evoke the power of isildur....

and ya my stats are there i finished near the top of my field maybe i need to post everything and brag myself up but will have to wait till later....def need more than 100 buyins i think to be sure but maybe 150-200 would do

and just have to point out i am light years beyond the ability i was a few months ago

so ya def details to hash out....ill post stats later i guess its silly not to
  • reibs wrote: »

Personally Yoda, if I were you (not knowing your online roll), I would gradually add them in.
    its sounds great in theory but if you play 20 per day and don't finish top 3 that would eat up most of your 2.50 profits for the day

you would end up playing about 400 in a month (not playing everyday)
    and still because of variance might be 600 games from a decent score
  • darbday wrote: »
    its sounds great in theory but if you play 20 per day and don't finish top 3 that would eat up most of your 2.50 profits for the day

Yeah but then the next day stars would owe you 2 firsts in the 8s ....

Isn't that how it works???
  • PM me I am interested in backing you for the entire stake...I will need stats exclusively from the turbo 180s posted ITT from a tracking site as well.

If possible post total results and result by month over the last year.
    NO! All the top regs even have HUGE swings in these games. Camz has multiple $2500 downswings in his graph. IMO I'd want $3000 MIN before Im totally out of the $2s and into the $8s. I think Im a nit though. (and yes he's talking turbos)

Different if you are running a stake vs building your own BR imo. Stakes are inherently more risky and you don't want your $ sitting there doing nothing. If he has 3K, I'd want him to run approx 9k in buy-ins with that.

Not worried about "busting" the stake, I want my $ churning not sitting idle.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    PM me I am interested in backing you for the entire stake...I will need stats exclusively from the turbo 180s posted ITT from a tracking site as well.

The stats I posted are 180 man turbos from Sharkscope.
    The stats I posted are 180 man turbos from Sharkscope.

Graphs are pretty...also, I just added a bit more detail that I'd like to see if possible.
  • be willing to split with gta if you want. If not thats fine...been recently grinding the $35 ones. Its pretty fun haha.
    PM me I am interested in backing you for the entire stake...I will need stats exclusively from the turbo 180s posted ITT from a tracking site as well.

If possible post total results and result by month over the last year.
    ill have to get detailed later tonight although i dont' have a sharkscope sub so i can't filter...

i finished in the top 13 or 10 or something on the sharkscope leaderboards but i dont' really know what that is reibs will tell you what i placed maybe....but i got a star!! ???

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
  • darbday wrote: »
    ill have to get detailed later tonight although i dont' have a sharkscope sub so i can't filter...

i finished in the top 13 or 10 or something on the sharkscope leaderboards but i dont' really know what that is reibs will tell you what i placed maybe....but i got a star!! ???

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

What are the 2 different graphs (I'm guessing sngs and MTTs) and over what time frame?

We can get into more detail over PM if you like.
  • be willing to split with gta if you want. If not thats fine...been recently grinding the $35 ones. Its pretty fun haha.

I wouldn't mind this if you want in.

What are the standard staking details? I guess percentages depend on whether makeup is included or not.
  • we get 70% split so 35% each. while darb would get 30% of profit that would be with MU
  • we get 70% split so 35% each. while darb would get 30% of profit that would be with MU

MU only applies to the 180s I assume.
  • well yeah, if we agreed to go outside that than MU could be made up that way but prob wouldnt do that lol
    well gta offered some free coaching to make sure i do good, so.....

but ya we gotta do a pfc takes over the 180s day soon....flood the 8's and 2's get it posted on 2 + 2 bring back a shitload of old school regs that just grind mtts now or something...

ok we'll get this sorted out... i almost pmd you first to make sure this wasn't silly so i guess it can't be that crazy

i'm still wrapping my brain around it cause its a big step or feels like it...

i think id def rather split it between at least a couple people or maybe that doesn't make sense to say
  • Darb:

Do you play full-time?

How many hours and games a week on average of the 180s?
  • well yeah, if we agreed to go outside that than MU could be made up that way but prob wouldnt do that lol

What's a reasonable starting stake? 1.5k each? I assume 300+bi is standard.
  • yeah that would be good.....what we do though is send 500 each and keep 1k in reserve. Still part of BR of course. Just smarter to do that way....as he falls lower we send 500 each again.....we set time limit is best I think.....say 1 month or bust....then we reevaluate after that........
    Will you only be doing the stake and nothing outside it? How many tables you play at a time?
    Darb:

Do you play full-time?

How many hours and games a week on average of the 180s?
    sometimes i only sleep five hours ???

usually 8-10 hours a day sometimes more if i feel like double session 200 games is easy 300 is a lil work 400 is evoking sweedish grinding power also i usually 24 table and would drop to 16 for this for a bit which is nothing for me. Im actually ready to add tables but i think i should move up first

games per week i think 1000 or so maybe? i mean we can push limit if we want...but it obv effects the brain at some point

edit: won't play anything at the same time but depending on the schedule maybe some mtts at night a couple times a week and usually sundays

but im way more interested in getting over this hurdle and not looking to piss around
  • I'm almost certainly in after I get a bit more info and we get the details confirmed.
  • i am in as well......prefer no more than 16 tables at a time personally.
  • yeah I found a star beside darbs name a few days ago, but I dont have time to figure out what it was exactly right now. will try later.

I have ss sub too so I can pm you more details if you need yodab.
    yeah I found a star beside darbs name a few days ago, but I dont have time to figure out what it was exactly right now. will try later.

I have ss sub too so I can pm you more details if you need yodab.
    ya what ever filters gta wants

i am in as well......prefer no more than 16 tables at a time personally.
    don't worry, me too but i won't need to play less
  • Probably the most guaranteed profit posting in the BAP so far.

GL to those that got in on it.

FYL to those who didnt.
  • Good Luck Darb !! You have been killing the $2 games - I can't imagine the $8 games are much different.
  • Gl Darb!

Sounded like this would have been outside my price range for shares, but I am like you and don't give a crap about stats, you seem like a decent guy and you are working on your game and trying to learn so that's good enough for me.:)
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Good Luck Darb !! You have been killing the $2 games - I can't imagine the $8 games are much different.
    all the same regs for sure....other than a few of the very very top....but definitely a good handful of the top ten play 2's all the time as well as pretty much all the other regs not at the top.

They all berate me too :-\
    I don't think they've every looked me up:confused: