24 oz Tims Srsly?

Who could drink 24 oz of Tims before it goes stone cold in their crappy cardboard cups?

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    Who could drink 24 oz of Tims before it goes stone cold in their crappy cardboard cups?

This guy:

Man-V-Food-001.jpg
  • How much is the new XL?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    This guy:

Man-V-Food-001.jpg

I wouldn't want to be using the bathroom after him if he ate that entire pizza, downed one of these cups of coffee and had to use the facilitays.

But yes, that cup size is absolutely ridiculous. For xmas someone gave me a travel mug from Tim's that was the size of one of these... Never even made it into the house or out of the packaging. Dropped it off at a Sally Ann or equivalent on the way home.
  • Pussies . . . Just get them to 2xcup your order. The cups are surprisingly good insulators. I ALWAYS order an XL, and see no reason to change. Got one of these in Penn station from the Timmies there. Still warm when we got off the train in Jersey 40 minutes later. Double cup ftw, baby.
    This guy:

Man-V-Food-001.jpg

Man vs Food= food hilarity.
  • I get half way done an XL timmys and I got to reheat it in the microwave. I usually drink about 4 a day. May be this will cut me down to 3 with these new cup sizes. How many oz's is an xl coffee now?
  • I get half way done an XL timmys and I got to reheat it in the microwave. I usually drink about 4 a day. May be this will cut me down to 3 with these new cup sizes. How many oz's is an xl coffee now?

Who knows? Ill try and find an overly graphic, explicit chart for you.

Holy shit, buy a coffee maker dude!
  • How many oz's is an xl coffee now?

Ummm...read thread title. :D
  • If my wife drank coffee, I'd get the double cup and split the coffee, which I expect many people will do.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Ummm...read thread title. :D

Nahhhhhh.

I'm curious as to the thought process that goes on in some brains. It honestly fascinates me.

Piggy: Wow! 24oz in an extra large...I gots to check this shit out!

PiggyBrain: Hey, Piggy! Click that link!

Piggy: I sure do loves me a coffee!

PiggyBrain: Fart?

Piggy: That graph sure has lots of fancy cups!

PiggyBrain: Who farted?

Piggy: Is this a seizure?

PiggyBrain: Mmmmmmmm burnt toast.
  • I like how the largest size available becomes X-Large they just add a size on to the bottom end with extra small. Within 2 years I bet they introduce a "teeny tiny" shot glass of coffee and the XL will be a half gallon pail.
  • It will be interesting to see if the former XL, now termed Large, will cost more after the change.
  • Milo wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if the former XL, now termed Large, will cost more after the change.

It is not supposed to.
  • We'll see. Currently the XL works out at about $0.09 per oz.

I am going to give it a try on Monday when the new sizes start.

I am not sure why there is such a negative reaction to this. It's not like they got rid of one of their other sizes to make the new XL available. If you don't think you can handle it, don't order it.
  • Exactly, so on Monday, my new order will be for a medium and for less money. :)
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I am going to give it a try on Monday when the new sizes start.

I am not sure why there is such a negative reaction to this. It's not like they got rid of one of their other sizes to make the new XL available. If you don't think you can handle it, don't order it.

Because the words large double double are firmly engrained in many people's minds, meaning you will now end up with the current XL. Two things are going to happen: they will make more money from people ordering the wrong size, and people will get used to drinking the larger size and move up. Pure evil marketing genius.

Anyone up for a frozen donut from the 'Always fresh' store?
    This guy:

Man-V-Food-001.jpg

that's a good looking pie!
    Nahhhhhh.

I'm curious as to the thought process that goes on in some brains. It honestly fascinates me.

Piggy: Wow! 24oz in an extra large...I gots to check this shit out!

PiggyBrain: Hey, Piggy! Click that link!

Piggy: I sure do loves me a coffee!

PiggyBrain: Fart?

Piggy: That graph sure has lots of fancy cups!

PiggyBrain: Who farted?

Piggy: Is this a seizure?

PiggyBrain: Mmmmmmmm burnt toast.

Ya thanks a lot. Last time I post on this site
  • Ya thanks a lot. Last time I post on this site

We will miss your wit and all of your great poker-related postings that have really come to define your persona on this site. You truly have a beautiful mind.
  • Ya thanks a lot. Last time I post on this site

srsly?!? THAT is what is going to get you gone? holy FUCKballs.
  • In all seriousness, I know we've all had our fun...but how big is the new XL?
  • 24 oz. not very big at all.
  • At least I can fill up my thermos now and just have to pay for a XL coffee. :)
  • Is that the old XL or the new XL?
    moose wrote: »
    Because the words large double double are firmly engrained in many people's minds, meaning you will now end up with the current XL. Two things are going to happen: they will make more money from people ordering the wrong size, and people will get used to drinking the larger size and move up. Pure evil marketing genius.

Anyone up for a frozen donut from the 'Always fresh' store?

First Day Trip Report

10:45 Left house and walked over to Timmies

10:52 Arrived at Timmies

10:53 Since there was no line up, I walked the 20 feet to the counter to place my order for an XL Regular Decaf. In that short space, I saw four reminders about the new cup sizes. My server also reminded me about the new cup sizes before pouring my coffee. I asked her how long the servers would be reminding the customers about the new size changes and she thought it would not be very long.

10:54 Walked back home

10:59 Arrived home

11:00 Started drinking my coffee

11:26 Finished the coffee. While it wasn't still piping hot, it definitely was not stone cold.

Final Thoughts-You would have to be a moron to order the wrong size.

Piggie and I /thread
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    First Day Trip Report

10:45 Left house and walked over to Timmies

10:52 Arrived at Timmies

10:54 Walked back home

10:59 Arrived home

a) you can walk to Tim's in 7 minutes from your house? Feet must be feeling better.

b) 7 minutes there and only 5 minutes home? Tailwind?
  • Stopped to mail a letter on the way there. Even you could get there in less then 10 minutes.