How to answer this...

Keep in mind, this is a friend. This guy is a solid player, knows his basics inside and out...but frequently posts bad beats on crackbook, and bitches about stars never letting him win...

I am trying to have a serious conversation with him about understanding why he feels this way...

HIM
The wins never come my way for profit. I made 10 bucks profit in 5 hours of play. I lost 100 bucks on sucks outs yesterday. Really all in all I cant win on stars going in ahead 95 % of the time. there is no real profit for me ever so idk what else i can say or do.Other than give up

ME
I am willing to bet you lose profit elsewhere. You are not putting your money in good EVERY single time you lose a game..even if you feel like it...you know that even the pros only cash in one in seven or so games...and out of those..only run deep in maybe one of the one in seven...

HIM
yes your right not EVERY time only 95% of the time. I wish It was 1 in 50 I wouldnt be bitching. Anyways I give up so sorry to bug you. Sorry but Im not a donk and dont play donkey hands. Im tight as a whistle and the only time I would lose bad is after running deep like Im doing all day long every day and getting 90% of my stack taken from a euro donkey then I tilt and go in with my tiny stacks. So yes your tight its not always my last hand its what leads to my last hand. anyways!!! Its a fucking joke is what it is. Im a losing player because of retards not because of my play

ME
I am gonna be brutally honest....you need to quit blaming others. The sooner you do this, the sooner you will start winning. you haven't kept a good track of all your games, you need to keep hand histories and review them to be a winning player. Tight is not always right...not even the best player in the world gets the money in good 95% of the time, never sucks out, and still loses...it just doesn't happen that way. You have to be honest with your game and look at it objectively. Seriously, send me some hand histories and let's go over some key hands...it will make both of us better players...

Am I going about explaining or trying to help the wrong way?

Comments

• I think many peoples problem is they get their money in good way too often.

I cannot tell if thats a sentence :|
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Keep in mind, this is a friend. This guy is a solid player, knows his basics inside and out...but frequently posts bad beats on crackbook, and bitches about stars never letting him win...

I am trying to have a serious conversation with him about understanding why he feels this way...

HIM

ME

HIM

ME

Am I going about explaining or trying to help the wrong way?

Losing players aren't "solid players". I would just say for him to give up if he doesn't enjoy playing.
  • He's obviously a losing player because of his play and he even told you why. He's just delusional and doesn't want your help. No point in trying to give it (unless ofc you can knock him off off that high horse of his)

Edit: Also, his I'm a losing player because of retards just goes to show how far gone he really is...

Edit^2: Honestly, when you start thinking like that, chances are you should look up a good therapist since you're clearly not ok
  • That bunk reminds me of when Hvee would go on and on about poker. When people aren't thinking rationally, there's no point in trying to put rational thought in front of them. They just grab it, throw it behind them and carry on screaming frantically about what they were screaming about beforehand.

You tried Dennis. He's just not in a state of mind to accept or even consider what you're saying. You can't help a junkie if they don't think they've got a problem.
  • Fuck him

Play against him as much as possible.

Mark
  • This reminds me of my neighbour yesterday. He's got it all figured out...

He tried convincing me that in 6max sngs on stars, if you reg in the first two spots in the game lobby, ur certainly going to bust out first or second. If you manage to reg in the last two spots, chances are you will make it heads up, and if your in the middle, then you need to play patient and you will do ok.

He then told me how he has proven this over 20 games. And that he won about 16 of them. Not sure if he remembers that I have told him I can see his stats or not... :bs:

I dont even bother anymore. It wont register.... Just smile, and say "man thats really unlucky...."
  • Come on guys, he had a sample size of 20 games . . . TWENTY GAMES !!!
  • :biggrin2:
    DennisG wrote: »
    Keep in mind, this is a friend.

Um, I'm guessin no one saw this part? Ya bunch of heartless basterds..lol. Give Dennis a chance to bring buddy around (if he wants the help).You guys set me straight when i came in here and bitched and complained.I didnt agree at first either that i sucked. (BTW, ive made the money in tourneys quite a bit this past week. Not a whole lot of money gained but still doin better). Takes time to realize that you need to be more aggressive and dont play so tight. Dennis,you need to tell your buddy and tell him to come here and complain and see what happens...lmao. Or tell him to come here and just do some heavy reading. If he still enjoys playing and is just sick of the so called bad beats and shit,tell him to come to this site and check it out. Should do him some good...
  • looks like you went at it the right way dennis, all you can really do from your end