Is this standard?

I wasn't able to rebuy in a tourney right before break...sent a message to the help desk and got this back.. (merge network)
The problem seems to be with the 3000 chips. You should have less than 3000 chips to be able to rebuy.
Because you had 3000 chips you haven't been be able to rebuy. You would have to lose some chips to be eligible for a rebuy. If you had 2999 chips then you could rebuy. But if you still had your original 3000 you couldn't.
Our rebuy rules differ from other poker rooms in that we only allow a rebuy if a player has lost chips and has less than the starting chip count. Some poker rooms allow players to rebuy immediately after sitting down without even needing to play a hand. We don't allow that.

Comments

• according to the message its not!

first!
  • darbday wrote: »
    according to the message its not!

first!

Industry standard..go smoke another!:tongue:

I know stars allows for double rebuys from zero..but what about others? Just found this very odd...trying to go through my hand history on rebuys there because the only two times I have been denied rebuys was immediately before the add on. That being said..I don't remember if I have bought in late prior and rebought without playing a hand? I typically buy in and then rebuy immediately providing one person at the table has more than starting stack...so I found these two times I couldn't rebuy very odd.
  • Hmm..now I really call bullshit. Went and joined another 5r there just to see for myself if I couldn't rebuy off the get go..and of course end up in the big blind to start. But two other players, after hand number 2 (without playing either hand and having 2k chips-starting stack) two players re-bought.
  • i just wanted to be that guy!

I just mash buttons in the rebuys and try not to look silly, looking forward to having someone explain all the little nuances to me sometime.
  • Pretty sure there is a glitch on 888 rebuys. I was bored tonight so logged in for the first time since 2006:) and am playing a $5r. I late regd and rebought so 2000 --> 4000 and then I hit the button again and got to 6k...tried to add more but I am no longer allowed.

PS -- I wasn't 100% paying attention during all of this:)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Pretty sure there is a glitch on 888 rebuys. I was bored tonight so logged in for the first time since 2006:) and am playing a $5r. I late regd and rebought so 2000 --> 4000 and then I hit the button again and got to 6k...tried to add more but I am no longer allowed.

PS -- I wasn't 100% paying attention during all of this:)

Different network?

I was just reviewing hand histories and noticed one of the two that I just watched rebuy...was actually a player that was moved into the table. I way paying attention to stacks and not player names. The second though, was definitely a rebuy from 2k -4k.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Different network?

I was just reviewing hand histories and noticed one of the two that I just watched rebuy...was actually a player that was moved into the table. I way paying attention to stacks and not player names. The second though, was definitely a rebuy from 2k -4k.

what site do u play on merge
  • Gr88

And they are definitely out to lunch at Merge...because I just re-bought first hand of the 100k satellite, with a full stack.

There is something wrong with rebuys right before the add-on with Merge..
    Gr88

And they are definitely out to lunch at Merge...because I just re-bought first hand of the 100k satellite, with a full stack.

There is something wrong with rebuys right before the add-on with Merge..

most mtts u can rebuy immediately...at least on the major sites
    most mtts u can rebuy immediately...at least on the major sites

That is exactly what I thought..and didn't know any site to be different..but when I got denied a rebuy (x2 different games) right before the add-on..I sent in a complaint..and the message I got was that I couldn't rebuy with a full stack...hence the op..
    That is exactly what I thought..and didn't know any site to be different..but when I got denied a rebuy (x2 different games) right before the add-on..I sent in a complaint..and the message I got was that I couldn't rebuy with a full stack...hence the op..

You had exactly a full stack both times 30-60mins in?

PS -- on 888 if you rebuy in the middle of a hand where at some point you are below 2k you can win the pot and get an extra 2k added lol pacific
    You had exactly a full stack both times 30-60mins in?

Yes, I will often come into a rebuy tourney with only a few minutes left in the rebuy portion...typically I will do this when it is a 20r or 30r. I can limit the cost of the tournament this way and usually will be well above average stack. There are many players on merge that seem to be taking shots and won't, or can't because of stack, take the final rebuy before the add on.

If it is a 2r-10r..then I like coming in for at least the last half hour of the rebuy period when people are getting silly and I can still rebuy (at a reasonable cost) myself should things go awry.

These two particular tournies that I had issues with, I came in immediately before the break...bought in, and tried to rebuy immediately.(like I do most tournies) I got the message saying the rebuy would be processed at the end of the hand..but instead of processing the rebuy at the end of the hand..it jumps immediately to the add-on..once break is over and play resumes, then it sends a message that I can no longer rebuy as I have too many chips.

Merge is still telling me that it is because I can't rebuy with a full starting stack:err: