$15 - 45 man turbo

Just finished my 1st orbit of the table.
7BB shove and an caller for less.

Do I isolate here?

PokerStars Game : Tournament #495470290, $13.78+$1.22 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2012/01/05 20:30:11 ET
Table '495470290 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: AnchorX81 (910 in chips)
Seat 2: Andy78ma (3740 in chips)
Seat 3: Hobbes614 (4300 in chips)
Seat 4: misterohh (5910 in chips)
Seat 5: maximus7707 (2875 in chips)
Seat 6: miami1984 (4500 in chips)
Seat 7: mign (747 in chips)
Seat 8: giuchici111 (5180 in chips)
Seat 9: Dj Rödel (1553 in chips)
AnchorX81: posts the ante 25
Andy78ma: posts the ante 25
Hobbes614: posts the ante 25
misterohh: posts the ante 25
maximus7707: posts the ante 25
miami1984: posts the ante 25
mign: posts the ante 25
giuchici111: posts the ante 25
Dj Rödel: posts the ante 25
Hobbes614: posts small blind 100
misterohh: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hobbes614 :6d :ah
maximus7707: folds
miami1984: folds
mign: folds
giuchici111: folds
Dj Rödel: raises 1328 to 1528 and is all-in
AnchorX81: calls 885 and is all-in
Andy78ma: folds
Hobbes614: ?

Comments

• don't think so...thats 2nd guy takes away any shot at calling imo

and an off suit un connected ace is not our fav hand here obv because people favour all aces....id rather have a5o or a2s maybe you feel that way too

and the biggest not you can have on people is their opr or sharkscope for judging their ranges so if you post them too or just an idea we can get real sharp on their ranges...that is shove ranges will correlate almost directly to roi
  • darbday wrote: »
    that is shove ranges will correlate almost directly to roi

Interesting.
  • AnchorX81 is new to 45 mans (31 games) -41%
    Dj Rödel (2k games) 12%

No real time to look this up while playing though since I was running 8 tables
  • I fold. We are unlikely to be a head of both players, and are likely sharing (a worse) ace with 1 of them.

Unless a reshove over will fold out the caller and we can get heads-up, I see no point in getting involved.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    AnchorX81 is new to 45 mans (31 games) -41%
    Dj Rödel (2k games) 12%

No real time to look this up while playing though since I was running 8 tables
    the told me u r interwebz ninja :confused:

but if i can do it on 24 ... ^-^
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    I fold. We are unlikely to be a head of both players, and are likely sharing (a worse) ace with 1 of them.

Unless a reshove over will fold out the caller and we can get heads-up, I see no point in getting involved.

The over caller was all in for less. If he was an over caller and had enough chips back, I squeeze.
  • darbday wrote: »
    the told me u r interwebz ninja :confused:

but if i can do it on 24 ... ^-^

wp
  • Not worth the risk IMO. We have lots of chips and are only a good hand away from cruising to the final table (avg stack 7500).

This is too marginal a situation to try and play, we are likely behind both players (A-x, mid pokcets, etc..) and the increase to our stack doesn't justify the odds we are getting against those ranges.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Not worth the risk IMO. We have lots of chips and are only a good hand away from cruising to the final table (avg stack 7500).

This is too marginal a situation to try and play, we are likely behind both players (A-x, mid pokcets, etc..) and the increase to our stack doesn't justify the odds we are getting against those ranges.

I agree it's marginal, but I've been looking to open my rang up late in the game, although I still like pushing rather than calling.

I think if it was just Anchor, I'd snap isolate.
    I'd prob iso the other shover too assuming only 1 pushed
    I agree it's marginal, but I've been looking to open my rang up late in the game, although I still like pushing rather than calling.

I think if it was just Anchor, I'd snap isolate.
    I'd prob iso the other shover too assuming only 1 pushed

But even if you isolate the initial raiser, you probably only have 3 outs. (the remaining aces, assuming he has 66+ or the remaining 6s, assuming he has A7+) and everything else 78, 9T, JT, QJ, KQ, KJ you are only slightly ahead. I don't have access to pokerstove but I sitll don't think its worth the risk.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    But even if you isolate the initial raiser, you probably only have 3 outs. (the remaining aces, assuming he has 66+ or the remaining 6s, assuming he has A7+) and everything else 78, 9T, JT, QJ, KQ, KJ you are only slightly ahead. I don't have access to pokerstove but I sitll don't think its worth the risk.
    but because its such a small stack vs the blinds and antes we don't even always need to be ahead so if it were just the shorty and he was decent to really good we could consider a6o...stove might not like it but pot odds could make up for it

not a for sure thing but can def call depending on the shover
    Interesting.
    better players tend to shove wider and call you wider and obv the opposite for the worse players...

i can't search everyone while im playing but if i see a bad player i mark him and assume he shoves tight and calls tight

if i find i have a bunch of hands on someone then ill mark them a reg and look them up later.
  • Fold, and fold if the other guy didn't call, too. A6 is not good often in this spot.