Bristol St. MXM Final Reminders and Stuff

I thought it's be easier to post a quick new thread, vs. posting this on page 7 or 8 of the existing thread. Just a few final updates, reminders and what not, roughly 24 hours before the event begins...

Holy crap! This thing's tomorrow!!

- I've contact Pinhead, JacNok and Shtebs about chairs. Looks like I've got about 28 of my own in workable condition so, while I'm still expecting to be in the 30's, we're still at 46 players, so I do need to plan for that.

- I've also asked Pinhead to bring an extra deck or two. I've gone through my decks and I know some have that dug in nail mark, so I'd prefer not to use those.

- Since we're using my new chip set for the tournament and my old chip set for the "presents", if anyone would like to bring and show off a set for the inevitable cash game, that would be great. Once the "socks" are done, we can swap back out if you'd like.

- Please enter through the garage in the back. No shoes in the house, please! We've re-done the carpeting in the basement, and if *ANYTHING* gets spilled on it, my finance will kill me. There will also be recycling boxes and garbage bins available everywhere. The cleaner we leave Bristol Street, the more likely I'll be to have many more events in 2012.

- The high hand jackpot is NOT in play, (but I'll be looking to 2012 to deal with the lack o tournaments and the outstanding prize pool).

- Tables 1-3 are the usual ones in the basement. Table 4-5 is in the garage (huzzah for mild weather and my space heater), Table 6 is the kitchen. The living room is for general socializing and eating, and the tables will break down from 6 to 1. Cash game will start on Table 5 once that breaks down.

- Don't forget your Secret Santa gift!

- Initial buy in will happen at the table, but please check in with me when you arrive. I'll be assigning a captain at each table to help with the task of collecting re-buys. Chips will once again be available to pre-buy your rebuys.

- For those that keep track of these things, I've changed the sock to have three of each colour. (vs. the 2-4-2 black, purple, yellow mix)

- The pink chips are reverting to last year's spin the spinner thing-a-ma-bob.

- Updated the green chip to indicate that chip stacks DO NOT swap.

- 45 min Dinner break is after Level 4. (The end of rebuys and addons and... other stuff.) (ETA 4:30p) Please no food in the basement. Thanks!

- Remember that this tournamnet is played in the spirit of Fun. Negativity has no place in Bristol Street! You will get beat as a 98% favorite on the river. That's the Bristol Street Guarantee!!

- Finally, for those that have made it to the end of this "Wall of Text", a gift! I'll let one of the surprises out of the bag earlier than normal. Seating at the tournament will not be drawn randomly. It's first arrived, first served! (I do, however, reserve the right to balance tables as needed in the first few minutes of the tournament) In addition, those that are seated and ready to go at 1:55pm will get a surprise.

- See you tomorrow!!!

Comments

• Prebought rebuys? Supposing I have done this and happen to win the first 8 way all in first hand. (yeh right, like I get that kinda luck) Do I get a refund for those or are they "in the prize pool:?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Prebought rebuys? Supposing I have done this and happen to win the first 8 way all in first hand. (yeh right, like I get that kinda luck) Do I get a refund for those or are they "in the prize pool:?

I'll buy them off you. I always find a way to pre-buy $50 and need more :P

Also Rob, you are awesome. Every year there is a new rule that adds a crazy twist to this, but non-assigned seating might be my favourite yet.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    but non-assigned seating might be my favourite yet.

He did this a few years ago. Worked out very well.
  • I still got surprises, don't you worry!

And, if you pre-buy re-buys, and have some left at the end of the Level 4, They'll get bought back from the prize pool.
  • "if *ANYTHING* gets spilled on it, my finance will kill me."

damn finances.
  • GL everyone, hopefully I take off less time next year and make it to this
  • Zithal...check your pm's I need your address
  • TheMill wrote: »
    Zithal...check your pm's I need your address

PM sent in case the host is busy.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    PM sent in case the host is busy.

thanks o bunch
  • TheMill wrote: »
    thanks o bunch

No problem.

Since I can't remember the exact address, I hope I gave you enough info. I know it seems pretty vague and mysterious. Think of it as a quest you must finish in order to participate.

And bring lots of $5ers!!!
  • Cash set ready and I will bring a couple setups too.

I ordered extra setups of these:

GrandVicCards.jpg

with the intention of offering them to you - unfortunately they won't get here until Monday but they should be about $12 a setup or so.
  • Very nice Moose! Count me in a few. :) It turns out I found an unopened pack of cards, so I think I should be ok card wise. I've not heard from JacNok about his 8 chairs, so I'm hoping that last minute cancellations will equal chairs need, otherwise, I'll get creative.

Things are almost all ready to go over at Bristol St! I'll see everyone in a few and this will be the last time I check in online. (Just heading over to the main thread to build the final sign up sheet.