a few utg spots from 180s

second one is a ft.

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 25 Ante, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: 15,018
MP1: 8,075
MP2: 4,284
CO: 11,388
BTN: 2,143
SB: 6,280
BB: 4,820
Hero (UTG): 2,690
Pre-Flop: (650) Jspadenormal.gif Qclubnormal.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.5 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 400 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
CO (t78718)
Button (t22096)
SB (t30809)
BB (t72728)
Hero (UTG) (t28119)
MP1 (t20106)
MP2 (t17424)
Hero's M: 3.20
Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qclub.gif, 9diamond.gif

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.5 Tournament, 400/800 Blinds 75 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
Button (t12624)
SB (t8475)
BB (t16705)
Hero (UTG) (t8169)
UTG+1 (t5165)
MP1 (t4167)
MP2 (t20387)
CO (t9192)
Hero's M: 4.54
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3diamond.gif, 3club.gif

Comments

• shove times 3

2nd one is what they say meh....but its not crazy at all and im doing it
  • 3x shove seems to be in order

why do you feel the second one is meh?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    3x shove seems to be in order

why do you feel the second one is meh?
    just cause ft....but whatev shover in der

7handed tho is a plus
  • 1 and 3 are shoves, I'm pretty sure 2nd one is lighting money on fire at the FT tho? someone can SNG wiz that ish
  • Vekked wrote: »
    1 and 3 are shoves, I'm pretty sure 2nd one is lighting money on fire at the FT tho? someone can SNG wiz that ish
    wiz will say its lighting money on fire but it doesn't account for upcoming blinds and escalating blinds and nits and level of play blah blah....so i dunno i think its either way....im sure top regs shove it be some prob fold too...

(not telling you, just giving my reasoning)

pretty confident wiz would say no
  • Vekked wrote: »
    1 and 3 are shoves, I'm pretty sure 2nd one is lighting money on fire at the FT tho? someone can SNG wiz that ish

I'd like to see the result of this. A final table is a final table but if we don't shove we essentially lose 6k in blinds, how low can we go?

Edit: I'm always lighting money on fire at final tables, but isn't there some merit in it when everyone else is so worried about not lighting money on fire? ^^'
  • 1 and 3 are push and hope we don't run into a hand.

Hand 2 I agree with Vekked. I fold. Yes we are short stacked, but so are most other players. It is unlikely we have the best hand and UTG, I would tighten up my range and hope two other players can get it in and we move up the money ladder.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    1 and 3 are push and hope we don't run into a hand.

Hand 2 I agree with Vekked. I fold. Yes we are short stacked, but so are most other players. It is unlikely we have the best hand and UTG, I would tighten up my range and hope two other players can get it in and we move up the money ladder.
    reibs asked me what my utg range was and I told him I couldn't answer and he'd have to post to ask others ;p

reason being there are so many factors that are in the air, meaning the math isn't really accounted for in any books.

my utg range could go from like 17% to atc 10bbs with antes...which i would love to say the math says thats bs but ive cross referenced it with many sit n go turbo type pros and their results fuels the math....

so here i do think that icm will say fold...but the other thought is once we go through the blinds we are left with 6ishbbs and if we are pre empted (can't shove for a hand or two because of previous shovers), and the blinds go up..we are pretty much down to zero bbs.

also doubling up has a raise fold edge thats huge...if we know how to use a big stack players give an extreme amount of chips out by folding too much and never playing back light.

^^ maybe thats crazy talk thou

also that if we had a little less chips like 6-7 bbs i might likely shove any two suited ish....

the assumption here too is that players are all randoms....

edit: also our leading card is a club
  • Im shoving 1 and 3, depends how tight table has been for 2, but probably folding. not much fold equity from 4 spots here. (mp1, mp2, button, sb) there ranges will be wider with there stacks. Id rather wait till button or CO and shove almost any 2, of course depending on how the next few hands go and where mp1 and mp2 are at.
  • Cool thanks guys. I thought I was a bit too tight utg with this stack size. I will work on it.

Typically I had been shoving only #3. In the first one I probably shove if I have been unusually tight in that specific game. But it would have been rare probably. If it were QJs, I prob jam a lot more.... Something to work on.

#2 I feel is a fold also, only because (believe it or not) I still have fold equity as long as they arent regs behind. Guys will fold wayyyyyyyyyy too much vs my atc shoves in sb, btn or co. Even if the blinds go up, and then I have to fold both blinds, Id still have 20k. U'd be surprised how often a 4bb stack at a FT gets folds against some of these guys. If the table was reg infested, I'd prob jam it though. I think. :-\
  • 1 and 3 shoves.

i'd fold 2. i'll shove any two in late position instead.
  • I mean I guess I'm going with hand 1 and 3, but I don't think either are +EV. The problem is that hitting the blinds is also going to be -EV and shoving is probably the lesser of 2 evils.

Hand 2 definitely fold.