Options

Silverman Racist?

Well I couldn't find the video I brought up in another thread. It was on youtube where a lady in the audience got up to shout at Sarah and call her racist etc. for her jokes.....Sarah explained back to the lady that she was in fact the racist one.

I totally agreed and wonder if other people do to, I couldn't find the video but I found this one....

I think its unimaginable that after being asked to speak they wouldn't be associated with her or whatever....not sure exactly what that means but I think they chose not to post her speech on the TED site (I could be off tho).....

thoughts?

TED vs Sarah Silverman - YouTube

Comments

• I thought she was too busy fucking Matt Damon?
  • Caregiving is a growing industry.
  • literation wrote: »
    Caregiving is a growing industry.
    I think what you mean by this is that adopting mentally challenged people isn't important or something or has a solution...I'm not exactly sure.....

but i think what Sarah was doing was attacking the taboo of it....and I'm thinking TED responded to the taboo by disassociation...

I don't think she was suggest we need to adopt or something....I don't know if thats what you were implying....

but its interesting and awful I think that she had her publicist double check for her...and they said no we want you. Really its as if a friend of a friend said she was funny so they had her, and then said no, actually your stupid....
  • From what I know it smacks of hypersensitivity. Did she say mentally retarded? Is that now deemed a taboo phrase? I'm trying to keep up but ye olde English language keeps changing. Sick. So sick! ( http://www.pokerforum.ca/f6/poker-winnings-taxable-4472/#post292914 )

It's unlikely she'd adopt someone who she has a prejudice against. This is ugly stuff because I've thought TED has been very interesting. For example:

Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity? - YouTube

and

Malcolm Gladwell: What we can learn from spaghetti sauce - YouTube

just what I know of off the top of my head.
  • literation wrote: »
    From what I know it smacks of hypersensitivity. Did she say mentally retarded? Is that now deemed a taboo phrase? I'm trying to keep up but ye olde English language keeps changing. Sick. So sick! ( http://www.pokerforum.ca/f6/poker-winnings-taxable-4472/#post292914 )

It's unlikely she'd adopt someone who she has a prejudice against. This is ugly stuff because I've thought TED has been very interesting. For example:

knowing her ..she said a lot more than 'mentally retarded' and ya i think its gen accepted to say something like challenged or something... i don't know exactly... but i just started watching the vids.. will watch your 2 later for sure

just sux if she tried to raise awareness or something and they cut her out because of the delivery
  • My best friends sister works with "challenged" kids. When she first started out (20 yrs ago) she would get all bent out of shape at the mention of the word "retarded". These days, she uses it herself.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with "retarded" as a descriptor, because their brain function has been literally been "retarded" . . . "Retard", on the other hand, I feel is insulting and derogatory. ymmv
  • I get so tired of calling a thorn a rose because someone has a prick in their ass.