Again and again and again and again

#Game No : 11266614860
***** Hand History for Game 11266614860 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $5.50 USD Buy-in Trny: 66017415 Level: 5 Blinds(60/120) - Tuesday, January 03, 17:06:37 EST 2012
Table $2,500 Gtd (2475860) Table #31 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10/10
Seat 9: Amnezia_M ( 7,700 )
Seat 8: H1704340 ( 5,674 )
Seat 6: Sanio666 ( 11,626 )
Seat 7: fishing71 ( 3,480 )
Seat 4: j1mmy5helter ( 9,932 )
Seat 1: player61 ( 5,080 )
Seat 3: shyster669 ( 2,250 )
Seat 5: swazen ( 3,100 )
Seat 2: xbarnwrecker ( 12,260 )
Seat 10: xodori ( 4,758 )
Trny: 66017415 Level: 5
Blinds(60/120)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to shyster669 [ Kd Qd ]
swazen folds
Sanio666 calls [120]
fishing71 folds
H1704340 folds
Amnezia_M folds
xodori folds
player61 folds
xbarnwrecker folds
shyster669 raises [180]
j1mmy5helter raises [1,080]
Sanio666 calls [1,080]
shyster669 calls [960]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5d, Qc, 9d ]
shyster669 is all-In [1,050]
j1mmy5helter calls [1,050]
Sanio666 folds
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
shyster669 shows [ Kd, Qd ]a pair of Queens.
j1mmy5helter shows [ Jd, Js ]three of a kind, Jacks.
j1mmy5helter wins 5,700 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, Jacks.
Player shyster669 finished in 355.

Comments

• Am I missing something? Behind pre, caught him on the flop, stretched the lead on the turn, but tripped over the River on your way to fame and fortune.
  • Was just trying to be more aggressive. Since being ahead never pans out and i always burn,thot i would try something different and raise. Then im ahead after flop and get fukked again. Doesnt matter when im ahead or behind.I always fkn burn. Did i spell it out for you?
  • kidcolt66 wrote: »
    Was just trying to be more aggressive. Since being ahead never pans out and i always burn,thot i would try something different and raise. Then im ahead after flop and get fukked again. Doesnt matter when im ahead or behind.I always fkn burn. Did i spell it out for you?

take up go fish.
  • Was just trying to be more aggressive. Since being ahead never pans out and i always burn,thot i would try something different and raise. Then im ahead after flop and get fukked again. Doesnt matter when im ahead or behind.I always fkn burn. Did i spell it out for you?

Yup . . . if you are going to play poker, this is going to happen. Think about it this way. You have AA, and I have 22 . . . how often am I supposed to win? When I beat you that 1 time in 5, why would you get pissed about it? Same rule applies to the OP. You got the chips in good, the rest is out of your hands. Making the correct decision is more important than the result of that decision.
  • beat

what was your plan in this hand?
  • fold to raise pre. Obv after flop sick beat but you shouldnt of seen a flop....unless you decided to shove to begin with which Id be ok with. What were the limpers stats, I think you said you used pt3 or something. like what was his vpip and pfr %?
  • pure gold.
    Since being ahead never pans out and i always burn,thot i would try something different and raise

Sick raise.
    Was just trying to be more aggressive. Since being ahead never pans out and i always burn,thot i would try something different and raise. Then im ahead after flop and get fukked again. Doesnt matter when im ahead or behind.I always fkn burn. Did i spell it out for you?

lol
  • Only 4 agains?

I am on my way to 70, let me know when ya catch up. :)

I am saying this as I totally know what you mean.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Only 4 agains?

I am on my way to 70, let me know when ya catch up. :)

I am saying this as I totally know what you mean.

Thx phil. ....Maybe i should take Trigs fkn ignorant and sarcastic advice.....
    Thx phil. ....Maybe i should take Trigs fkn ignorant and sarcastic advice.....

Nah, trigs is a good guy. :) Peeps just don't want to here it but nothing wrong with getting it out once and awhile.:cool2:
  • I know this section is to whine and bitch when a hand goes wrong. I've posted in here enough to know. But sometimes, there are things you could have done differently in the hand.

You may not want to hear them right now, but the advice may help you in the future.

I am going to add my two cents.

Preflop, we are so short (less than 20 BBs) that our only option now is shove or fold. If we shove in this spot, we are probably going to get called by the preflop limper as he has enough chips to call. But since he limped, I'd put him on suited connectors or small-mid pocket pair.

As we are flipping against lower pairs and we are short on chips, I am shipping all in preflop. And hope to win the flip.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Nah, trigs is a good guy. :) Peeps just don't want to here it but nothing wrong with getting it out once and awhile.:cool2:
    Im sure he is. Ive already admitted i suck online but with hands like these that i have been posting, its pretty hard to get to the money. Heres another game of just bad luck luck i guess. Like everyone says "it could have gone your way,it just didnt. Next time it might". Still waiting.....

#Game No : 11267407765
    ***** Hand History for Game 11267407765 *****
    NL Texas Hold'em $1 USD Buy-in Trny:66022866 Level:19 Blinds-Antes(1,500/3,000 -300) - Tuesday, January 03, 21:07:00 EST 2012
    Table $1,500 Gtd Speed Rebuy (2476302) Table #3 (Real Money)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Total number of players : 10/10
    Seat 7: Alenb555 ( 32,140 )
    Seat 4: Buckey321 ( 28,350 )
    Seat 9: Izotopp ( 12,995 )
    Seat 1: amersfoort7 ( 20,035 )
    Seat 3: bobreal ( 49,940 )
    Seat 10: hahszpur ( 38,755 )
    Seat 6: kayserpatoux ( 25,285 )
    Seat 5: lbjuice111 ( 42,280 )
    Seat 2: sach111888 ( 19,550 )
    Seat 8: shyster669 ( 10,300 )
    Trny:66022866 Level:19
    Blinds-Antes(1,500/3,000 -300)
    amersfoort7 posts ante [300]
    sach111888 posts ante [300]
    bobreal posts ante [300]
    Buckey321 posts ante [300]
    lbjuice111 posts ante [300]
    kayserpatoux posts ante [300]
    Alenb555 posts ante [300]
    shyster669 posts ante [300]
    Izotopp posts ante [300]
    hahszpur posts ante [300]
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to shyster669 [ Qs Ks ]
    Alenb555 folds
    shyster669 is all-In [10,000]
    Izotopp folds
    hahszpur folds
    amersfoort7 folds
    sach111888 folds
    bobreal folds
    Buckey321 folds
    lbjuice111 calls [8,500]
    kayserpatoux folds
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7h, Qc, 7c ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 3c ]
    lbjuice111 shows [ Jd, Qd ]two pairs, Queens and Jacks.
    shyster669 shows [ Qs, Ks ]two pairs, Queens and Sevens.
    lbjuice111 wins 26,000 chips from the main pot with two pairs, Queens and Jacks.
    Player shyster669 finished in 96.
  • Your problem (from what I've seen) is well before this time. It's not this hand. Entering this hand you have an M of just over 1. That is way below critical. I call you with 2,3 off here if I close the action. You need to post hands way earlier if you want serious help.. Gotta open up much much earlier.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I know this section is to whine and bitch when a hand goes wrong. I've posted in here enough to know. But sometimes, there are things you could have done differently in the hand.

You may not want to hear them right now, but the advice may help you in the future.

I do appreciate any advice for sure. Obviously there are alot of things i could do differently. I always find myself saying "Ok,what now?" lol. Alot of people in here think im a fkn idiot by the sounds of it.Im sorry im not a regular like all you other guys,im just trying to learn how "not to" get burned every tourney. Thx for your input too dj.I appreciate it..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Your problem (from what I've seen) is well before this time. It's not this hand. Entering this hand you have an M of just over 1. That is way below critical. I call you with 2,3 off here if I close the action. You need to post hands way earlier if you want serious help.. Gotta open up much much earlier.

Im not making excuses but it was a speed rebuy. I was at 15500 after the rebuy ended and i missed the add on. I did steal a couple blinds after the rebuy ended. I think i went out after an hour and 45 minutes,but yes i definitely need to increase my stacks, and thats why im trying to learn how to..... Still tho,if i would have won that hand,i would have been in better shape. Im not defending my actions.I know i suck.But the best hand going in hardly ever holds up it seems like...Thx......

(And if i wasnt putting in all these posts,there would be less reading for ya'll.....lol)
    I do appreciate any advice for sure. Obviously there are alot of things i could do differently. I always find myself saying "Ok,what now?" lol. Alot of people in here think im a fkn idiot by the sounds of it.Im sorry im not a regular like all you other guys,im just trying to learn how "not to" get burned every tourney. Thx for your input too dj.I appreciate it..

No one thinks you're an idiot. Try not to take what's typed online to heart, you have to get past the ribbing and good natured humour (and that is how I take it). I've been told to take up shuffle board before, lol.

Playing online tournaments is more disappointment than it is triumph, you lose more than you win, just the nature of it. How you deal with it is the key.

Also, not getting yourself in positions where you have to win the 65/35 hand to stay alive is also a skill you need to develop. Or getting down to less than 10 BBs before having all your chips in the middle.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »

Playing online tournaments is more disappointment than it is triumph, you lose more than you win, just the nature of it. How you deal with it is the key.

No.

Online poker is not about learning what you do well and feeling like a champ when you do it.

Its about learning what you dont do well and stopping that, then feeling like a champ. When you do this, you wont be disappointed by these types of hands, you'll be encouraged.

When someone jams 4BB with AK and I call them in the BB with 68 suited and I get there, that's not a bad beat, thats bad play.

What the OP needs to understand is that these are not bad beats he's posting. And if he doesnt get that, he'll never get better. If you want to get better you need to plug leaks. Figuring out how you got to 3BB and fixing that will make you feel a hell of a lot better than coming here and posting your weak beats.
  • Do this more....
    PokerStars Game #73250719932: Tournament #554010942, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (125/250) - 2012/01/03 22:02:39 ET
    Table '554010942 4' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 2: On The Mac (8148 in chips)
    Seat 3: 1BigAceHole (18210 in chips)
    Seat 4: youaremelon (6645 in chips)
    Seat 5: KingKaizers (15620 in chips)
    Seat 6: vasilich (8169 in chips)
    Seat 7: BetrThanPhil (2244 in chips)
    Seat 8: Ubsolute (9063 in chips)
    Seat 9: skarkbite (8462 in chips)
    On The Mac: posts the ante 25
    1BigAceHole: posts the ante 25
    youaremelon: posts the ante 25
    KingKaizers: posts the ante 25
    vasilich: posts the ante 25
    BetrThanPhil: posts the ante 25
    Ubsolute: posts the ante 25
    skarkbite: posts the ante 25
    Ubsolute: posts small blind 125
    skarkbite: posts big blind 250
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to BetrThanPhil [Ks 6s]
    On The Mac: folds
    1BigAceHole: folds
    youaremelon: folds
    KingKaizers: folds
    vasilich: folds
    BetrThanPhil: raises 1969 to 2219 and is all-in
    Ubsolute: folds
    skarkbite: calls 1969
    *** FLOP *** [7c Kd Tc]
    *** TURN *** [7c Kd Tc] [7s]
    *** RIVER *** [7c Kd Tc 7s] [6h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    skarkbite: shows [8s 8h] (two pair, Eights and Sevens)
    BetrThanPhil: shows [Ks 6s] (two pair, Kings and Sevens)
    BetrThanPhil collected 4763 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4763 | Rake 0
    Board [7c Kd Tc 7s 6h]
    Seat 2: On The Mac folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: 1BigAceHole folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: youaremelon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: KingKaizers folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: vasilich folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: BetrThanPhil (button) showed [Ks 6s] and won (4763) with two pair, Kings and Sevens
    Seat 8: Ubsolute (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 9: skarkbite (big blind) showed [8s 8h] and lost with two pair, Eights and Sevens

Easy game....dont see why people think its hard or rigged???
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    No.

Online poker is not about learning what you do well and feeling like a champ when you do it.

Its about learning what you dont do well and stopping that, then feeling like a champ. When you do this, you wont be disappointed by these types of hands, you'll be encouraged.

When someone jams 4BB with AK and I call them in the BB with 68 suited and I get there, that's not a bad beat, thats bad play.

What the OP needs to understand is that these are not bad beats he's posting. And if he doesnt get that, he'll never get better. If you want to get better you need to plug leaks. Figuring out how you got to 3BB and fixing that will make you feel a hell of a lot better than coming here and posting your weak beats.

This from a guy that managed to get down to 1/2bb HU.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    This from a guy that managed to get down to 1/2bb HU.

And then the epicness began.
  • Thx Wetts. I know every post that ive posted with a "disappointing to me" hand,my stack has been low.Obviously thats a huge problem and i know too it boils down to aggression and that fact that i am weak at that. Something to work on.Thx to you and everyone else for taking the time to post some info.....
  • Keep at it and thicken up the skin a little, there are some crusty old soles here (i'm not one) but they mean well.. You managed to get both Wetts and Betrthan (2 of the best online players around) to post advice in your thread so consider that a win and pay heed.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Keep at it and thicken up the skin a little, there are some crusty old soles here (i'm not one) but they mean well.. You managed to get both Wetts and Betrthan (2 of the best online players around) to post advice in your thread so consider that a win and pay heed.

Will do Comp!! Thx alot.
  • And remember 7,2 off is only about a 2-1 dog to AK so if you get too low to have any fold equity (which is the case in most of your posted hands) then you are going to see this over and over again.
  • Really eh? Good to know. Will keep that in mind,thx.....