More good luck

Was just looking for some input.Guy (villain?)was stealing blinds left and right.Was always raising me when i was BB. Was getting tired of it. Maybe i should have shoved instead of raising? With stack size he probably would have called anyway. (Keeping in mind that im still trying to get this aggression shit down.) Thx
#Game No : 11265217003
***** Hand History for Game 11265217003 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $2 USD Buy-in Trny:66006573 Level:10 Blinds-Antes(200/400 -40) - Tuesday, January 03, 11:52:49 EST 2012
Table $1,000 Gtd (2474645) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 9/10
Seat 3: KERZ1963333 ( 15,551 )
Seat 1: Ouroboro ( 6,392 )
Seat 8: Pimpinelle ( 13,280 )
Seat 2: csybuka ( 61,579 )
Seat 4: evil_1985 ( 8,250 )
Seat 10: josejuanmex ( 7,105 )
Seat 9: n_v_a ( 12,555 )
Seat 7: shyster669 ( 9,582 )
Seat 6: wanted20010 ( 29,937 )
Trny:66006573 Level:10
Blinds-Antes(200/400 -40)
Ouroboro posts ante [40]
csybuka posts ante [40]
KERZ1963333 posts ante [40]
evil_1985 posts ante [40]
wanted20010 posts ante [40]
shyster669 posts ante [40]
Pimpinelle posts ante [40]
n_v_a posts ante [40]
josejuanmex posts ante [40]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to shyster669 [ Jd Kh ]
Pimpinelle folds
n_v_a folds
josejuanmex folds
Ouroboro folds
csybuka folds
KERZ1963333 folds
evil_1985 folds
wanted20010 raises [600]
shyster669 raises [2,400]
wanted20010 calls [2,000]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, Kd, 8c ]
wanted20010 is all-In [27,097]
shyster669 is all-In [6,742]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Tc ]
wanted20010 shows [ 8d, 8s ]three of a kind, Eights.
shyster669 shows [ Jd, Kh ]a pair of Kings.
wanted20010 wins 20,355 chips from the side pot 1 with three of a kind, Eights.
wanted20010 wins 19,444 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, Eights.
Player shyster669 finished in 168.

And of course a K comes on flop or i probably would have folded.That part is frustrating too.You get a card you are looking for,only to make the call and still lose and you are out of the tourney.

Comments

• okok now hold on for a sec....are you asking how to play this hand the best that can be done.....or are you asking how you can win the pot? Because they aren't the same.

myself i will generally flat here...people are really uncomfortable playing uphill from the sb, think about it next time you try to do it.....i hate playing from the small blind myself, so i make others do it as punishment if they steal my blind.

shoving here because villain has been stealing and has a weak range is prob ok too yes he would call with 88, but thats only this time, in your whole life time in a situation like this you will win more often than you lose I think

3betting, might not be the best idea because if villain jams you won't ever be ahead. but the other thing is if he calls and the flop comes without a k or a jack ....you have alot of money in the pot and now what will you do?
  • Ok thx darb. Regardless that he had 88, would you shove or make the bet i made? I thought i played the hand ok? Man o man. I guess luck still always has alot to with it too. Been reading alot of posts and about you guys shoving and raising late with mediocre cards.I know that most of my problem is im not aggressive enuff. I call and check alot. Always trying to see a flop with mediocre cards with cheap blinds.Without a big stack(doubled up once at least or whatever) i find it hard to reraise or bet (a larger bet) w/o having a hand. I do make alot of cbets if i raise preflop with AK and dont hit on flop. Then you get a caller and then you say "now wtf do i do". Then you check the turn and buddy now has control and makes a large bet and you fold and go on the next one. I know position has alot to do with it too. Thx again.......
  • "3betting, might not be the best idea because if villain jams you won't ever be ahead. but the other thing is if he calls and the flop comes without a k or a jack ....you have alot of money in the pot and now what will you do"

Oh ok...so should shove or call
  • I don't like shoving pre as any hand that calls generally has us crushed (at worst) or flipping (at best). So shoving is going to be -ev unless villain has a decent fold to 3bet %. Same goes with the 3bet, we are likely rarely ahead....while I don't hate 3betting an aggro villain, I prefer to play post flop in position on them.

As played, on the flop, I'm not sure how we don't go broke. TPGK with 1/4 of our stack in pre, I can't see how we don't get it in.
  • kidcolt66 wrote: »
    Ok thx darb. Regardless that he had 88, would you shove or make the bet i made?
    i think i would flat

kidcolt66 wrote: »
    I thought i played the hand ok?

if you want praise just ask but it won't help you ;p how you played is irrelevant...how you 'could' play is important now i think
    Man o man. I guess luck still always has alot to with it too.
    its not lucky its just you can only get it in good...the rest is plinko...if you are losing in the long run you aren't getting it in good enough.....don't trust your eyes....trust the long term profit results.
    Been reading alot of posts and about you guys shoving and raising late with mediocre cards.I know that most of my problem is im not aggressive enuff.
    sometimes these posts can mess a person up worse....my poker is a mess from reading med and high stakes posts...
    I know that most of my problem is im not aggressive enuff. I call and check alot. Always trying to see a flop with mediocre cards with cheap blinds.Without a big stack(doubled up once at least or whatever) i find it hard to reraise or bet (a larger bet) w/o having a hand. I do make alot of cbets if i raise preflop with AK and dont hit on flop. Then you get a caller and then you say "now wtf do i do". Then you check the turn and buddy now has control and makes a large bet and you fold and go on the next one. I know position has alot to do with it too. Thx again.......

most peoples issue is they fold too much and don't fold enough....the key is always when..
  • Easy shove for me 100% of the time. BVB shoving here is a great way to build a good stack uncontested. Even when you get called rarely will you ever be dominated. 3 betting should not be an option outside the shove because you cant really play post flop with the stack you have left profitable. Calling is ok but you stack is very vulnerable and he can easily put you to test for your stack with a bet on flop and turn which wont cost him much of his stack.
  • Yea shoving or flatting is fine, probably a shove with your reads. I wouldn't shove much more than 25BB here though.