New Method For Awarding VPPs on Pokerstars

Seems to me this punishes the tight aggressive players and benefits the loose players that are splashing around in every pot. Personally, I don't like it too much as I tend to wait for the premium hands.

What do you all think of this change?
We have changed the way VIP Player Points (VPPs) are awarded to each player in ring games. Previously, any VPPs awarded to the table were split equally between all players dealt into a hand. Now, VPPs are awarded based on how much each player has contributed to the total pot. The same total amount of VPPs will be awarded as before. However, some individuals may receive more or fewer VPPs based on how much they contribute to raked pots.

New VPP Method -Important PokerStars Ring Game Changes

Comments

• Anything that punishes mass tabling nits sounds good to me
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Anything that punishes mass tabling nits sounds good to me

Coming from the player that doesn't play online.

I think players should be rewarded for their time. If they are being dealt cards at the table, they are contributing to the rake. If they weren't there, then the other player's wouldn't have anyone to play against.

To avoid collusion and players just collecting VPPs without playing a hand, have two levels, one for contributed rake and one for time.
  • this does seem to be punishing the tight players who are still putting in the same number of hands and hours. i don't like how the rule seems to suggest that players that fold are not significant in the hand.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Coming from the player that doesn't play online.

Is true, but still
  • i also read that one of the possible alternatives to this new system was a "winner take all" system which i am assuming means the winner of the hand gets all the points.

i just don't get these systems and why they'd change it from the dealt method they already had. these changes just seem to hurt the "losing" players and why would you want to do that?