free text app.

Was wondering if anyone else has heard of this free text app. My nephew got it for his ipod and he can text people for free? Does this work to text people around the world? just doesnt make sense to me, trying to find more info on this.

Comments

• My kids used that app too to txt their friends before they got their cell phones. I think its tied into the email somehow. I never got a bill for it and he was texting my cell all the time.
  • Was wondering if anyone else has heard of this free text app. My nephew got it for his ipod and he can text people for free? Does this work to text people around the world? just doesnt make sense to me, trying to find more info on this.

buddy of mine moved to the states. He sent this haven't looked into what he's talking about yet, maybe it's the same thing. See below, otherwise I just use Whatsapp:

I have a Canadian number exclusively for texting. It's actually an iphone app so I cant receive calls but if you want to text me you can use 587-.......
  • literation wrote: »
    buddy of mine moved to the states. He sent this haven't looked into what he's talking about yet, maybe it's the same thing. See below, otherwise I just use Whatsapp:

I have a Canadian number exclusively for texting. It's actually an iphone app so I cant receive calls but if you want to text me you can use 587-.......

My sister has the same in Korea, iPhone with an app with a Toronto number for texting only
  • so way are the negatives, just sounds to good to be true
  • I figure with the advent of Skype and others bandwidth is so cheap now letting a few 160 character messages fly is a pittance.
  • yeah but when traveling you have pay like $50 for 100 text messages. thats why i don't understand how they would do this for free. they would lose out on so much money if everyone got this app
  • What's this app called?

Whatsapp uses data
    Liveprofile uses data
  • yeah but when traveling you have pay like $50 for 100 text messages. thats why i don't understand how they would do this for free. they would lose out on so much money if everyone got this app

(heheh Rogers and such.)

Is it a gateway app, free texting and pay for some higher end feature? Does the app have advertising in it?
  • just sounds to good to be true
    not saying it is cause i wouldn't know......but i wouldn't say this anymore....the kids these days can do anything.

i bought an e reader the a couple months back and pretty much by the time the manufacturer had put it to market the kids had already re wrote the operating system to include cell phone apps and all sorts of things that it wasn't intended to do.