How Do You Handle Moving Down?

Just wondering how you handle moving down in stakes? I can't stand playing anything below 100NL because it feels like I am never making money. If you have a really good session 1 tabling 50NL you can make $200, not saying that's the max but you know what I mean. So after playing 200NL and 400NL how do you make yourself feel like it's fun again making little amounts of money. I know some people just like to win, but we all know that seeing the money adding up makes things a lot more fun. So I just thought I would get your thoughts on this.

Comments

• playing to win is losing poker...playing to learn is winning poker imo. This sorts the whole moving down thing out i think
  • so how bad was the downswing?
  • You're not asking the right question.

My answer to the question that you should be asking:

I simply don't think about it as money.
    To me it's just chips in a game.
  • It depends what you're reason is for playing poker is:

If you're playing for recreation and just enjoy the game, it really doesn't matter what level you play at.

If you're playing because you take the game seriously and want to improve as a better player, then personally I think you might want to consider playing bigger, as there are much better players and you can think deeper about the game. You don't improve as much playing with weak players at small stakes that fast.

If you're playing for a living, then you should play within proper bankroll requirements.

But to answer your question, playing smaller isn't a problem, especially online since you can hide behind a computer. I was playing $15/30 Omaha 8/b on Stars over the summer, but busted my online roll, I play $1/2 and $2/4 Omaha 8/b now on Stars cause that's within the bankroll I have online, I treat it just the same. But that's because I don't treat online money as real money.
  • I really like your answer Popkorn. Made me think about my question in a different light. Thanks!
  • I cry.

A lot.

And eat many cookies.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I cry.

A lot.

And eat many cookies.

Isn't that just your life in general? :D