Carribean Poker Classic

I'm watching this on Rogers Sportsnet and cannot believe some of the poor plays these guys are making. Down to three players.

Button raises 4xBB with KQo, SB folds, BB (Alexander) calls with 66. Flop comes down A 6 2 rainbow. BB bets out right away and wins the pot...????

Now heads up between Alexander and John. First hand they show, both guys have about equal stacks...SB gets KK and goes all in pre-flop BB folds...??? Way to extract the most of your KK :eek:

Heads up. JJ(Alex) vs. Q2(John). Alex has JJ. No raise pre-flop. Flop comes down 9 10 J. Alex checks and calls the bet from Q2. Turn 8. Alex Checks, John bets and Alex Calls. River K, Alex checks John goes all in and Alex folds....?? Why would he play his 66 the way he did above and play this very dangerous flop slowly??? Now I understand he lost a lot less then he could have but still...take it down boy take it down!

No raise preflop. Kh2h (John) vs. 4h5d (Alex). Flop 10h 6h 3h. John bets out and Alex folds..????

Man these guys cannot slow play when they flop a monster. There was one other hand that John flopped a set of 5's with absolutely no straight on board and rainbow and he bets out and Alex folded. Maybe I am missing something here but I doubt it. I'm not sure of the exact amount of most of the bets but they were not "feeler" bets, they were "i'm taking down the pot" bets. Geez.

stp

Comments

• I just watched that too. It was the worst heads-up display I have ever seen next to Noli Francisco vs. Charlie Shoten, WPT Borgata Poker Open in 2003. You wanna see bad heads-up play, check that out.

Peace
    Kory
  • I just watched that too. It was the worst heads-up display I have ever seen next to Noli Francisco vs. Charlie Shoten, WPT Borgata Poker Open in 2003. You wanna see bad heads-up play, check that out.

Peace
    Kory
    lmao @ Noli and Charlie LOLOLOL
    wake up wake up Noli...you've won the tournament man!
    15 minutes later....oh i won?:confused:
    Charlie, "oh it's over???" "i lost???"

roflmfao
  • There was one other hand that John flopped a set of 5's with absolutely no straight on board and rainbow and he bets out and Alex folded.
    Wasn't this the hand with the set of nines? Maybe he flopped a set of fives too... I'm not sure. I agree, though... I felt like I was watching Celebrity Poker for a little while there.

That Alex guy was from Bergen, right? Those Bergenites are taking over the poker world. And despite the fact that I saw some poorly-played hands heads-up, I saw two great hands as well. One is where John moved all-in on the river with a pair of jacks, bad kicker. Alex had a pair of jacks, better kicker, and was the aggressor on the turn. When the river came an ace of clubs, John moved all-in and Alex quickly folded the best hand. That ace of clubs was John's best card to bluff with... it was an overcard to the board (obviously) and it completed the club flush possibility that the flop had presented. Also, after it came, any four made a straight.

In a similar hand, Alex got John to lay down the best hand when he bet big on the river of a board with 4 spades. Alex had Td6d I think, for a pair of sixes which looked pretty damn weak on that board. John had a bigger pair, but no spades either.
  • all_aces wrote:
    Wasn't this the hand with the set of nines? Maybe he flopped a set of fives too... I'm not sure. I agree, though... I felt like I was watching Celebrity Poker for a little while there.

The John guy did the same thing when he flopped a set of 5s and a set of 9s (I believe).
  • The John guy did the same thing when he flopped a set of 5s and a set of 9s (I believe).

Correcting myself: it was the 9s. The 5s was another hand where it was checked to the turn or river and he hit it (I believe).
  • I was sitting in a poker club and this play was on the tv also, i'll be honest i likely see worse play at the table i was playing at ...but we're only playing 4/8 ... these guys were playing for 6 figures.

although i say one hand where a guy made a decent laydown with a set of jacks against a hugely connected high card board. other guy made a straight
  • Chugs wrote:
    although i say one hand where a guy made a decent laydown with a set of jacks against a hugely connected high card board. other guy made a straight
    yeah, I wrote about that hand. To me, the way the hand played out, not a hard lay down. Although it would sting a bit.

The two hands Aces posted about were definitely nicely played. I'm glad both of them had it in them to be able to play well. It's hard to judge a TV tournament, they only show so many hands...

stp
  • That was the worst played final table I have seen on tv to date. That's funny that you started this thread stp. I was talking about the poor play at work. Does nobody know how to get alot of chips? Man!
    One of the worst hands was when buddy flopped the nut straight, and had the straight flush draw! Dumb ass goes all in and gets nothing!
    Nothing like getting AA, 6 handed utg and going all in and getting the blinds.
    Outstanding poker.
    Where were the qualifiers for that tourney?

Peace
    Kory
    Dam, i had to check that out after you pointed it out. Wow, so many misplays!