Televised Poker

I was bored today while taking the day off to relax and prepare for my last final tomorrow, and decided to watch some Poker After Dark.
After about 10 minutes, I'm annoyed as hell at all the retarded comments the commentators make, so I switch it up and watch Aussie Millions.
Again, same issue.

I really think they need to make a poker show, that just has all the interesting players, and no announcers.
Just have like, Daniel Negreanu, Antonio Esfandiari, Phil Laak, Gus Hansen, Luke Schwartz, and the guys that are more talkative play and interesting to watch, and let us enjoy the table talk. So much more interesting than listening to random announcer question plays of people 1000% more skilled than they are.

Comments

• i agree that i prefer the table talk over the announcers. however, i'm assuming they need announcers for viewers who actually need explanations of the action.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i agree that i prefer the table talk over the announcers. however, i'm assuming they need announcers for viewers who actually need explanations of the action.
    Then at the very least they need to get announcers that know when to shut up, and also actually know what they're talking about.
    Especially Norman Chad, that guy is annoying as hell.
  • I like the 2 guys that do the EPT episodes on Score. I think one of them might be a pro or semi pro player.
  • pkrnewb42 wrote: »
    I like the 2 guys that do the EPT episodes on Score. I think one of them might be a pro or semi pro player.

i agree. john duthy is the pro you're referring to i'm assuming. he seems like a smart guy and i like him. other guy (can't remember his name) is crazy and makes me laugh.
  • My favourite commentators: Gabe Kaplan and Mike Sexton

Honourable mention: Vince van Patten
  • Really? I find Kaplan annoying.
    He knows what he's talking about for the most part, but I just really dislike his voice.
  • +1 for sexton as well. although i don't really like how WTP announcers try to make everything sound so terribly exciting all the time even when it's just a standard play.
  • Kaplan was great when he had Benza as a sidekick. When they got rid of Benza, it was practically torture to watch and listen.

I kind of like the guys from P*.net big game. Entertaining web jargon, etc.
  • I just like Gabe Kaplan. Ever since Kotter.

Also didn't mind Esfandiari during the WSOP final table this year. He wasn't terrible and had a lot of good insights.

BTW did I ever tell you about my Uncle Euripedes?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    I just like Gabe Kaplan. Ever since Kotter.

Also didn't mind Esfandiari during the WSOP final table this year. He wasn't terrible and had a lot of good insights.

What does your Uncle Euripedes do?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    I just like Gabe Kaplan. Ever since Kotter.

Kotter's wife was hot. I had a serious crush on her back in the day.
  • literation wrote: »
    What does your Uncle Euripedes do?

He brought his pants into his tailor and his tailor says, "Euripedes!"

And my uncle says, "Yeah, you menda dees?"

hee hee
  • I have to go with Gabe on this one. He didn't talk too much and could be quite funny when he did.
    Pokerstars "The Big Game" is super annoying due to the hosts, which is sad because the format is somewhat interesting. They try to get overtechnical analyzing every move every person makes and literally NEVER shut up...and their lame attempts at being funny are...well....just lame (they'll make fun of someone for wearing a purple shirt and somehow mix it in to almost every hand analysis they do for that person for the week). Even Poker After Dark can be ok imo, the host doesn't over do it with too much analysis, and you do hear most of what the players are saying. Never had a problem with Mike Sexton either. Used to love watching WPT 2 hour sessions....