saw fake hole cards??

This weekend I was watching a friend play a sng on Stars and he was using Tournament Idicator. On one hand he called me over to see the screen - next to one of the player's avatars was a miniature pair of hole cards exposed (not where their down cards were, beside them). When the hands opened up the miniature cards were not the actual cards in the hand, but it was strange nonetheless.

Has anyone else seen this? It only happened on this one hand.

Comments

• Could have been the hud showing the mucked cards from the previous hand.
  • Thanks Phil. I am probably the only online player not using software and my friend had never seen this happen before...so it seemed weird.

How would it have been triggered? It was the only time in hours and hours of play that this happened and it was only the one player's cards.
  • no no....just graphics glitch....prob software could be your comp ....mine does it sometimes, kind like if you refresh your screen or move the window off and on screen it goes away. not saying that would fix the issue, but just saying it doesn't affect the game and the cards aren't real. more likely a last graphic from a previous showdown....
  • That's a relief Darb.
  • You'll notice it a lot more when running a bunch of tables (stacked), sometimes the new table pops up before the HUD has caught up
  • I must be the only person not using software. What percentage of the players are using it, do you think?
  • probably a small % of the players, a large % of regs/people trying to beat the games significantly
  • Hi Animaux,
    We met at Steve's game, I was sitting to your right on the first table that you were on.

I tried a 60 day free trial and chose not to purchase it.
    I only play tournaments and rarely multi table otherwise I may have found it more useful.

What I do miss is seeing mucked hole cards after a show down I found this to be the most useful thing about the software.

Interestingly my ROI was on a down swing for large part of the 60 day trial. I am sure it was just variance and not anything to do with the software. Either way I did not think that it improved my game enough to invest 90 bucks.

I did learn that I lose heck of a lot with AKo, at least for those 60 days I did.
  • Hi there mags. Yes, that would be useful as I often go back and review the hands after they are over. I prefer live poker and don't really enjoy or play much online. I find even 2 tables annoying. What I try and do is use the stats that the software reflects to my opponents about my game to my advantage. Low technology...lol
  • mags wrote: »
    I tried a 60 day free trial and chose not to purchase it.
    How did you get the 60-day free trial? I just downloaded it from tournamentindicator.com where it says only a 7-day trial.
    Animaux wrote: »
    This weekend I was watching a friend play a sng on Stars and he was using Tournament Idicator.
    Do I know this friend? I want to know if it is worth the 79 Euros price, which is over $100. That's more than HEM2 & PT4, which have many more useful statistics than pot odds.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

Do I know this friend? I want to know if it is worth the 79 Euros price, which is over $100. That's more than HEM2 & PT4, which have many more useful statistics than pot odds.

No, you don't know him. He doesn't really use it too often and I'm sure isn't maxing out the value. I just watched for a little while so don't have much to comment on.