Great Aeroplan Offer - Free Business Class Upgrade

There is a great offer on right now with Aeroplan. Basically you get a free upgrade to business class for the economy miles normally required. For example, Asia is normally 125,000 miles for business class, but right now you can get it for 75,000 miles. I booked Toronto/Tokyo business class for 75,000 miles which cost me $450 for the taxes. This flight is normally over $4k if booked directly on Air Canada website. I got a direct flight there but have a connecting via Chicago on the way back.

You can call in to Aeroplan or book directly on www.aeroplan.com. Well worth it if you have some extra Aeroplan points and want to fly to Asia, Australia, etc.

Comments

• (have been very busy lately)

Very nice deal.

Please supply the dates you're traveling or PM me? I can't find anything current or future that matches.

I'm a bit of an Aeroplan nut. Just today we were looking at Santiago, Chile for November 2012. The value for that trip sucks though. I estimate an Aeroplan mile is 0.0175 from some example bookings.
  • I booked June 28 to July 9th. Was looking at Brazil and most flights combined business and economy. Alot of the good flights are full. Better to find destinations that are direct from Toronto.

I just checked the same dates to Santiago, Chile and I am getting direct flights in business class for 60,000 points (Toronto to Santiago)

ClassicFlight Reward - Business
    60 000miles
    DEPARTING
    Toronto Pearson (YYZ)
    to Santiago (SCL)
    Dep. 22:55
    Arr. 09:25
    stop(s) 0Thu. Jun 28, 2012
    Fri. Jun 29, 2012
    Duration: 10h 30 minAircraft: 763
    Meal: Complimentary meal AC92 Business
    Total travel time: 10h 30min