I hate my auto dealer today!!!

To lazy to rewrite but need to vent. $80,000 we spent at this hyundai dealership in vehicles (not including intrest in financing) and this gem of fine print...

Jon Harnish
Most frustrating service/mechanics dept day ever! So Entourage has faulty latch on power sliding doors, now has campaign/recall so shop I trust didn't repair as they were told when ordering parts. Find tech bulletin and phone dealership and after previous run arounds admit yes, they know of it but my VIN doesn't show it...because it is USA import. So even though I purchased it off a Canadian dealership who brought it up, and the parent company has admitted defect, and there is tech bulletin, I have to pay for replacement then go through some cross border paperwork to evetually and hopefully get reimbursed. Apartly policies have changed between Canadian and USA divisions since 2008... Would have been great info have at time of sale....

Now it goes from being in 1 shop for 2 days to sitting in another for 3 more...30k vehicle useless cause a door won't close. To make it even better the latch on the other side that hasn't failed yet also needs to be replaced as that's how to recall kit comes. Talk about insult to injury...2 weeks after our family bought 2 more late vehicles of same dealership. Any guesses on how those feedback surveys are going to go?

Comments

• i had a thread on a dealership experience awhile ago. makes me wonder if we should have let the industry tank.
  • jontm wrote: »
    To lazy to rewrite but need to vent. $80,000 we spent at this hyundai dealership in vehicles (not including intrest in financing) and this gem of fine print...

Jon Harnish
    Most frustrating service/mechanics dept day ever! So Entourage has faulty latch on power sliding doors, now has campaign/recall so shop I trust didn't repair as they were told when ordering parts. Find tech bulletin and phone dealership and after previous run arounds admit yes, they know of it but my VIN doesn't show it...because it is USA import. So even though I purchased it off a Canadian dealership who brought it up, and the parent company has admitted defect, and there is tech bulletin, I have to pay for replacement then go through some cross border paperwork to evetually and hopefully get reimbursed. Apartly policies have changed between Canadian and USA divisions since 2008... Would have been great info have at time of sale....

Now it goes from being in 1 shop for 2 days to sitting in another for 3 more...30k vehicle useless cause a door won't close. To make it even better the latch on the other side that hasn't failed yet also needs to be replaced as that's how to recall kit comes. Talk about insult to injury...2 weeks after our family bought 2 more late vehicles of same dealership. Any guesses on how those feedback surveys are going to go?

philli?
  • 80k? what did you do? buy 10 of them?
  • moose wrote: »
    80k? what did you do? buy 10 of them?

I have bought 2 gently used Sante Fe's off them (one awd) and a fully loaded Entourage, (considered equivalent to Odessy). Then last week, refered daughters boy friend who lives with us and he picked up 08 Freestyle.

I traded the first (04) SF in on 2007 Entourage in 08, still have it, just picked up another 08 SF.

2-3 year old Sante Fe's run 20, Entourage was like 33 back then as was only 6 months old with 20k miles and his Freestyle was 15
  • I'm not sure I understand the problem. Didn't they give you a loner car? My dealership always gives me one....I drive a 2006 Cadillac CTS and last year it had a recall that took over a month to get the parts. The good news? The 2011 CTS they gave me for the month and a half while I 'waited'. I was hoping they'd take longer, and let's just say I wasn't hounding them to get done faster :D
    Seriously though, dealerships should provide loner cards, even if they aren't always as spiffy as the way the Caddy dealership treats me.