Budding artiste . . .

Sorry, but it's time to brag . . . apologies for the pic quality.

Comments

• Paint by numbers?
  • The first is a pencil sketch, the joker pic is acrylic on board. Pencil sketch is out being framed right now. It is one of the pieces for wehich they are transferring her into the Regional Arts program next term. It drew quite a crowd at the Art show art her school this week. There was some stunning work on display, really top level stuff. I cannot wait to see how she progresses with some "advanced" training.
  • Ah, I thought it was you who was creating them. My mistake, congrats to her.. And you for staying out of the way...
  • Oh trust me, she gets the skill from her Mom. My contributions is limited to the standard, "I am not sure what art "is", but I know it when I see it." She amazes me with some of the stuff she creates.
  • Very nice. I've always been in awe of people who have artistic talent.
  • Don't you play guitar?
  • Hawk picture is now framed, and on the wall . . . I am such a wuss.
  • love that joker pic wow, very nice!
  • Her Nan has her eye on it, but make her an offer . . . who knows?

Also, the pic does not do it justice. The entire painting is tones of green, obv. You cannot see it on the pic, but the only non-green portion is in the joker's eye, where she left two small bits of pure white to represent the "glint of evil". It is really quite striking, and draws you into the picture when you first glance at it.
  • Do not do this. Wife has a painting on the wall of a clown that she did when she was 5 or something. Won first prize at a fall fair somewhere. We both love it and wouldn't sell it.

You can't put a price on memories.

Oh, and both are excellent pieces.
  • I was joking about selling, but I am sure she would find it flattering . . . and thank you for the compliment. While I posted this here, and elsewhere, to brag about my girl, I also wanted her to experience some (relatively) unbiased opinions from folks who, while they would not be deliberately cruel, would not be beyond the occasional "meh", if that is how they felt.

If you want to see it "live", just Skype me, and I will hold the camera up.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I cannot wait to see how she progresses with some "advanced" training.

I hope she progresses better with the advanced training, then you have with the advanced poker training you have received on here.>:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I hope she progresses better with the advanced training, then you have with the advanced poker training you have received on here.>:D

Zing!
    Milo wrote: »
    Don't you play guitar?

Yes, I do, but I don't consider myself an 'artist' since I really don't write songs.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »

This place offers "advanced" training? Other than in sarcasm? Who knew?
    JohnnieH wrote: »

Yes, I do, but I don't consider myself an 'artist' since I really don't write songs.

Po-tay-to / Po-tah-to
  • Awesome stuff Milo. For someone who can't draw a stickman properly, I'm in awe of people with this type of talent.