AQo vs shove

9 man sng turbo. villain is 11/8 through 38 hands, no 3bets. i've been very tight.

PokerStars - $3.16+$0.34|50/100 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
SB: 1,460.00
BB: 1,910.00
UTG: 1,195.00
Hero (UTG+1): 1,495.00
MP: 3,495.00
CO: 2,485.00
BTN: 1,460.00
SB posts SB 50.00, BB posts BB 100.00
Pre Flop: (150.00)
Hero has Qs Ad
1 fold
Hero raises to 250.00
1 fold
CO raises to 2,485.00 and is all-in
3 folds
Hero?

Comments

• not sure what the shove ranges are in the micro stakes...but ive been grinding the medium ones of late and this would be an easy fold for me there
  • 15bbs shove pre or raise and call anyone who shoves on ya. the vpips and stats you gave are too small a sample to be relevant, especially the 3bet stat. Not sure if btp read correct or if there is a huge diff in stt to 180 mans but if we can open shove pre then I don't think we should fold here.

that being said..its obv he has ak
  • darbday wrote: »
    15bbs shove pre or raise and call anyone who shoves on ya. the vpips and stats you gave are too small a sample to be relevant, especially the 3bet stat. Not sure if btp read correct or if there is a huge diff in stt to 180 mans but if we can open shove pre then I don't think we should fold here.

that being said..its obv he has ak

Im talking about 9 mans. there is a big difference between shoving and calling a shove. Just maintaining a stack in sngs by picking up blinds is huge. 15bbs in a sng is massive stack. I prob dont call here unless i have 700 or less. or maybe 1000ish if blinds are about to go up and are gonna hit me within next coupld hands
  • Im talking about 9 mans. there is a big difference between shoving and calling a shove.
    yes but shoving aqo has to be better than raise folding it here from ep?

and we will fold even getting 1.5 to 1 (did i do that right)?

also i just saw this is a turbo.... ???
  • people think you have to play faster cause its a turbo but you dont have to. Must say did misread that we raised, thought it was opened then shoved and it was on us. I prob min raise fold to a shove to be honest, dont know in a $3 game, but in the $60 ones ive been doing I would.
  • i was also considering shoving first action but i wasn't sure. i'd probably push 12 BBs or less here.
  • not sure what the shove ranges are in the micro stakes...but ive been grinding the medium ones of late and this would be an easy fold for me there

Oh!!! you have been playing sng's? Do tell more!:)
  • Btp is pretty much bang on, it's a fold.

More times than not your not going to like it when his cards are flipped over.

Now if he had looser stats than it could be a different story.:)
  • yeah Ill be playing them a lot more when I move into new house in february. Just cant stand playing on my tiny laptop. I like to 9 table sngs, its a lot of fun haha. Next week there is a promotion, if I read it right, if you get to the target number of points you get 10k. I think for micros for 20 sngs its 625 or 650. Pretty hard to get that though.
  • yeah Ill be playing them a lot more when I move into new house in february. Just cant stand playing on my tiny laptop. I like to 9 table sngs, its a lot of fun haha. Next week there is a promotion, if I read it right, if you get to the target number of points you get 10k. I think for micros for 20 sngs its 625 or 650. Pretty hard to get that though.

Ya it's a never going to get score lol, but the higher the buy in's it looks like lower the target score FYI.

derail, but quick question...........

Are you moving into a new house in Thunder Bay? Or still around here Elmvale area? ( I think that's where you said you are).
  • I was in north bay for school, mom and family lives in elmvale area. Im moving to Lindsay with the gf.
  • I can't say anything about the main decision (it's an ICM problem, and you're def better off figuring it out yourself if you're serious about SNGs), but min-raise pre def, anything more is a mistake.
  • Min-raise, evaluate, probably fold.
  • a fold feels pretty spewy imo, fold pre if that's the line you're taking
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    a fold feels pretty spewy imo, fold pre if that's the line you're taking

after playing more of these, i'm kind of leaning towards this. but i'm a nit.
  • Don't play sng's much, but open shoving seems horrible, never getting looked up by a worse hand. Kinda like the min-raise pre.....fold to nits / unknowns....calling cannons obv.