Dead Pool 3 . . . now with more ways to win.

Okay folks, here we go . . . it is time to gauge interest for Dead Pool Three (the Rise of Zsa Zsa). We are going to be doing things a little bit differently this year, at least in terms of pay-outs. Standard pay-off for DP2 was $5.00. That will now become the base pay-off for the following scale:

Player is 81+ = $5.00
Player is 66+ = $6.00
Player is 51+ = $8.00
Player is <50 = $10.00

Player is 27 = $20.00

Hat tip to Hellmuth's Mole for the sliding scale idea, threw in the "27" bonus on my own . . . it is an option to be discussed, but the idea of the sliding scale was popular when brought up last year , so I thought we should implement it for this year's game.

For those of you looking for more info. click the link below:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/dead-pool-ii-24001/

Comments

• In!

As an active participant that is. Not a subject..
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay folks, here we go . . . it is time to gauge interest for Dead Pool Three (the Rise of Zsa Zsa). We are going to be doing things a little bit differently this year, at least in terms of pay-outs. Standard pay-off for DP2 was $5.00. That will now become the base pay-off for the following scale:

Player is 81+ = $5.00
    Player is 71+ = $6.00
    Player is 56+ = $8.00
    Player is <56 = $10.00

Player is 27 = $20.00

Hat tip to Hellmuth's Mole for the sliding scale idea, threw in the "27" bonus on my own . . . it is an option to be discussed, but the idea of the sliding scale was popular when brought up last year , so I thought we should implement it for this year's game.

For those of you looking for more info. click the link below:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/dead-pool-ii-24001/

Of course I'm in for another year of agony from Zsa Zsa! (Assuming I draft her).

I love this idea, but could we adjust the ages slightly? IMO there's not much difference in drafting a 71+ yr old and an 81 yr old. I'd like to see something like this, note the 15 year gaps:

Player is 75+ = $5.00
    Player is 60+ = $6.00
    Player is 45+ = $8.00
    Player is <45 = $10.00

Player is 27 = $20.00 <----Love this! Everyone will want to add a 27 year old on their roster.
  • I disagree somewhat, especially with longer lifespans, better healthcare, etc. Also, I think there is less of a difference between 45 and 50, then at the other end of life. I have adjusted for a 15 yr. gap in the OP. Discuss.

also: Manager's List.

compuease
    JohnnieH
    Hobbes
    Wildbill7145
    djgolfcan
    Hellmuth's Mole
    DataMn
  • All you did was add 6 years to everyone, but I can live with that.
  • As I said, I think there is greater variance, if you will at 50, than there is at 75-85 . . .
  • Tempting but I'll probably be bowing out of this one. Like the adjustments you guys made though.
  • I think we should also set a minimum # of players. Don't really want to play if we don't get at least 8-10.
  • When do you need lists by?

Oh and ZsaZsa should pay $15 :)
  • Just gauging interest right now . . .
  • Personally...

I don't much like the new setup - I dig the $5 / death deal, it's simple and easy. I have trouble enough finding people's names on P* let alone figuring out how much I'd be owing as well.

Mark
  • If the majority like the old way, I see no reason to change. But, it was brought up last time, so lets take it for a spin . . .
  • Just saw this now. Obviously in. We have time to tone down or up the changes, or make additional alterations, bonus prizes. Consideration for donations to charity might be an addon. At least one person, likely two threw this out in comments this year.

Anyhoo, you all know how much longer you have for your 'dream teams' to parallel my roster of candidates. I believe I may warrant an extra medal for this win and want that guy who wouldn't shut up about the fact he made medals months ago to design me one.
  • In, for whatever format we agree to.
  • In however it's set up.
  • Count me in for this time.

Al
  • So, we're looking at 8, with Mark. The majority seems to like the new options, too.
  • No offense fellas

I may just bow out this year... I really am too damned lazy to keep up with all this malarky

Mark
  • Keep up with what? Make your picks, and your friendly Moderator keeps track of (confirms) ensuing pay-outs . . . you wipe your own ass don't ya? Takes about as much effort as that does . . . but I'll scratch you just the same.

anybody know where Prophet is? He wanted in last year . . .
  • I think if you'll recall...

I was too lazy to come up with a list of ten people last year, now you want me to strategize over ages? Nah

Mark
  • Fair enough . . . was not criticizing (much), just curious.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I think if you'll recall...

I was too lazy to come up with a list of ten people last year, now you want me to strategize over ages? Nah

Mark

Next time you bitch about Mario being lazy, I will remind you of this.

How did you get through University if you couldn't handle a little homework?
  • Solid point Johnnie,

But I am just saying I'm a fan of keeping things simple. I would have a hard enough time trying to list ten people who I thought had a legit chance of kicking the bucket, let alone researching ages / birthdays to find the best ROI for mortality.

Also, at least I own it! :)

Mark
    I think if you'll recall...

Mark

Maybe you could ask HVEE to submit a team for you?
  • compuease wrote: »
    maybe you could ask hvee to submit a team for you?

bazinga . . .
  • compuease wrote: »
    Maybe you could ask HVEE to submit a team for you?

He says he's far too busy setting up a basketball pool or something?

Mark
    He says he's far too busy setting up a basketball pool or something?

Mark

I'm in!