$25,000 Sat to 1M BI One Drop in Montreal Next May

Now I think I have seen everything. Was going through the tourney schedule on Players Poker Canada and noticed a 1k and 3k on the December schedule...with Satellitte beside it???

So googling the event name "The Grand Loto-Quebec Poker Tournament", I end up on Espacejeux. Turns out these really are sats to a $25,000 buy-in next May. There will also be a scratch and win campain awarding seats.

The event is going to give a $1,000,000 seat to the winner for the WSOP "Big One for One Drop" next summer. The top 16 will get $5000 "VIP" packages to go watch.

I am going to write it up, but sure this event will be met with mixed opinion, so let's hear 'em if you have 'em...

Comments

• jontm wrote: »
    Now I think I have seen everything. Was going through the tourney schedule on Players Poker Canada and noticed a 1k and 3k on the December schedule...with Satellitte beside it???

So googling the event name "The Grand Loto-Quebec Poker Tournament", I end up on Espacejeux. Turns out these really are sats to a $25,000 buy-in next May. There will also be a scratch and win campain awarding seats.

The event is going to give a $1,000,000 seat to the winner for the WSOP "Big One for One Drop" next summer. The top 16 will get $5000 "VIP" packages to go watch.

I am going to write it up, but sure this event will be met with mixed opinion, so let's hear 'em if you have 'em...

Hummm, sounds pretty bad, I'm sure most people would rather have a million than play in a 1 mil buyin.
  • If this wasn't being organized by Guy Laliberte, the Quebec governement wouldn't be involved at all. And if I won the ticket, I'd want to make sure I could sell it.
  • Thanks to mikelbyl for setting me str8, 25k will be at Lac Leamy near Ottawa. Gotta edit title.
  • Bump. 57 entries Mike "timex" McDonald and Christopher "d0r1t0s" McClung In thé mix.

Down to 44, looks like 5 at least will pay, with of course most up top.

@ptprpoker on Twitter (Éric Danis) is doing live updates for those interested.
  • Steve Paul Ambrose, Scott Montgomery, Eric Cajelaid and Jonathan Driscoll were a few other names I thought could have a shot with this seat.

A random won it, googled him, found zero profile pages save media reports about his win last night. As the story goes, his buddy won the 25k seat on a slot at Lac Leamy, but knew zero about poker, so they made an arrangement for this Carlos to play it.

Sure hope they have friends and family to buy action cause this might be the biggest chunk of dead money in history. Then again, maybe it will turn out to be the poker underdog story of the century....
  • Another Moneymaker in the making? hmmmmmm....
  • Best odds any of us will ever have for a multi-million dollar pay day.

I hope the young fellow does well. Looking at is education background my guess is he may surprise some people.

Carlos Nahas - Home

It would make for one hell of a story !!!
  • UOttawa? four levels, max.
  • It's looking like about 10% of the field will be from Quebec including Nahas. Add to him Duhamel, a guy from a private satty named Sean O'Donnell, and (unless it was a joke), Johnny Malibu from Montreal (who runs the Malibu room at Playground).
  • Guy laliberte as well
  • 100% true, Malibu will be playing in the event.
    Gonna be a sweet payday for whoever wins that one :)