Pokerstars Step Games

Are the Pokerstars steps worth playing? Just wondering what the forum members think about this system.
Sunday Million Run Via the step program on Pokerstars

Max Investment:$37.50USD (5-Step 1 Entries)

Total Investment: $37.50USD Ticket Bank: 0-S1T, 1-S2T

Game #1 (RND #1): Finished Third = Won a RND #1 Replay
Game #2 (RND #1): Finished First = Won a RND #2 Ticket
Game #3 (RND #1): Finished Third = Won a RND #1 Replay
Game #4 (RND #1): Finished Third = Won a RND #1 Replay
Game #5 (RND #1): Finished Sixth = Lost $7.50
Game #6 (RND #1): Finished Sixth = Lost $7.50
Game #7 (RND #1): Finished Sixth = Lost $7.50
Game #8 (RND #1): Finished Eight = Lost $7.50
Game #9 (RND #2): Finished Fourth = Won a RND #2 Replay
Game #10.... Coming soon

Comments

• RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    Are the Pokerstars steps worth playing? Just wondering what the forum members think about this system.

I have always wanted to try to work out a system where I could use them to enter bigger buy-in tournies at a discount.

Something like - Play 10 step one games - earns 5 step two tickets - earns 3 step three tickets - earns one step 4 ticket ($215 buyin), so for $75 in buy-ins, I won a $215 buyin

Sounds like something I may work on, leading up to the $10million GTD tourny
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I have always wanted to try to work out a system where I could use them to enter bigger buy-in tournies at a discount.

Something like - Play 10 step one games - earns 5 step two tickets - earns 3 step three tickets - earns one step 4 ticket ($215 buyin), so for $35 in buy-ins, I won a $215 buyin

Sounds like something I may work on, leading up to the $10million GTD tourny

If you run perfect, this sounds great. I didn't know you could use these tickets outside of the system. I think I'm going to make a run for the 10M Sunday million with the steps program.
  • Keep us updated on how you're doing.
  • read this thread and decided to play some.

so far...two 3rds :-\
  • OK, This will make it fun! I will invest $37.50 in this attempt.

Total Investment: $15USD
    Ticket Bank: 1-S1T, 1-S2T

Game #3 (RND #1): Finished Third = Won a RND #1 Replay
    Game #4 (RND #1): Coming soon

Round #1 Notes: Registration took forever! Found the play was very loose! Basic SNG strategy worked very well.
    OK, This will make it fun! I will invest $35 in this attempt.

Total Investment: $7.50USD

Game #3 (RND #2): Coming soon...

Round #1 Notes: Registration took forever! Found the play was very loose! Basic SNG strategy worked very well.

I would suggest playing all your Round 1 games first, gives you more chances at round 2.
  • trigs wrote: »
    read this thread and decided to play some.

so far...two 3rds :-\

Go Go Go, you'll bust through soon.
    I would suggest playing all your Round 1 games first, gives you more chances at round 2.

OK, I'll give this a try. My thoughts are different on this, but what the hell its only $37.50
  • what I did a while back was built up 3-4 2nd level tickets and then played all of them to build up 3-4 3rd level tickets and so on... I eventually got 3 $215.00 tickets which I used for the sunday million.
    Go Go Go, you'll bust through soon.

thanks for the vote of confidence.
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    what I did a while back was built up 3-4 2nd level tickets and then played all of them to build up 3-4 3rd level tickets and so on... I eventually got 3 $215.00 tickets which I used for the sunday million.

Dj and dead money, you two seem to be on the same page with this so I'm going follow the lead on this one.. Thanks, I will keep posting my results DJ
  • Completed game three. Finished 3rd for another replay. Check original post for the series details.
  • Keep it going. I have no doubt you will win your buy-in into the $10mil tourney for a fraction of the cost.

I'll see if I can match you, after completing my 100 games of $3.50 SNGs.
    Keep it going. I have no doubt you will win your buy-in into the $10mil tourney for a fraction of the cost.

I'll see if I can match you, after completing my 100 games of $3.50 SNGs.
    Sounds Good.. Another 3rd for a replay in game 4.
  • Game #5- Out in 6th! Lost a third of my chips with AhKh vs. 99 on a board of Qh, Qc, 4h, Qs, 6h. Then I made a dumb call for all of my chips with 77 in BB(20bb) when the SB Pushed with KJ off. King on the flop and I'm Out! On to the next game.

Probably not if you are single tabling vs sng pros at the higher levels.
  • That's why I'm trying to mini version of DJ wrote earlier in this thread. I may consider opening up a couple more step one games if I get 3 step two tickets, just to give me a better shot.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Probably not if you are single tabling vs sng pros at the higher levels.

I would doubt the SNG pros are playing steps, you don't get any money from them, just tickets to bigger buy-in tournies. Maybe some of the MTT pros are using them, but again, if they have been successful tourney players, they would just buy-in directly.
    I would doubt the SNG pros are playing steps, you don't get any money from them, just tickets to bigger buy-in tournies. Maybe some of the MTT pros are using them, but again, if they have been successful tourney players, they would just buy-in directly.

Oh, used to be there were top steps that went to major BI live games. These are just cash steps?
  • Now you can use them for various major buyins online. If was just for live majors I wouldn't attempt them. I only have to get to step 4 to make my Sunday million buyin
  • Out in my 6th game, finished 6th.
  • Running bad...Finished 6th again... There's nothing like Playing good, Running bad in a uber tight game!!:s
  • Ran into a brick wall in my last game... I guess I`m relying on my one step two ticket.
    Ran into a brick wall in my last game... I guess I`m relying on my one step two ticket.

What a great story when you win the $2million.