Blackberry Playbooks on sale for $199 - good xmas gift

BlackBerry Accessories Store - RIM CA

Usually $499. Not many people have realized it yet but if you buy at least 2 and put in the code "50OFFSBB" you get the 2nd one half off, so it's basically $298 for 2 of them, plus tax.

Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Comments

• Edit: It works :)
  • ugh, a bunch of ppl on redflagdeals have found out and are using the code: some think cos it's thanksgiving in the US and they are off today, that by monday the orders will be cancelled, although a bunch of ppl's credit cards have already been charged. Guess I just gotta hope for the best.
  • Fook, the site crashed as I was trying to pick up a pair.....shitty timing.

Thanks for the heads up mate! Almost got there.

The code was only supposed to be for accessories.......I think someone is about to lose their job.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Edit: It works :)

did you luck out and execute the order?

let us know if you get them
  • service not available now
  • it's back up.....code still works
  • LOL, but now you need to know the code. It was on the front page of the site but now doesn't seem to be listed.

just picked up a pair for me and a friend.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    Fook, the site crashed as I was trying to pick up a pair.....shitty timing.

Thanks for the heads up mate! Almost got there.

The code was only supposed to be for accessories.......I think someone is about to lose their job.

Pretty sure it's not a big deal (re: someone's job) as this is the price everywhere online.
  • Can anyone confirm that the 50% off is actually working when its put thru? Reason is just before I submit the order, I see the checkout box in the top left corner and it doesnt show the 50% off. But it does show it the "items to be shipped" box just below.
  • yeah I ordered 2 separate orders of 2 playbooks, and got confirmation emails for both with the correct price showing 50% off the 2nd one for each.
  • argh, mine didnt work came up as $199 x 2

Im gunna email them and will keep this thread updated.
  • I think they just made the code invalid, as a bunch of ppl on RFD are saying that once you check out the price goes back to the normal $199 as you said:

"Promo Code is invalid, expired 11/23/2011. Don't bother."
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    I think they just made the code invalid, as a bunch of ppl on RFD are saying that once you check out the price goes back to the normal $199 as you said:

"Promo Code is invalid, expired 11/23/2011. Don't bother."

Where is the dislike button on this forum....... :mad:
  • My bad. Cheaper than 199 itt.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    yeah I ordered 2 separate orders of 2 playbooks, and got confirmation emails for both with the correct price showing 50% off the 2nd one for each.

Hope it works out for you.
    If RIM is smart they'll ship them and avoid any bad publicity.
  • thanks hobbes, I'm really hoping they will as well, those playbooks can clear up a decent amount of xmas shopping this way lol
  • uh, yeah,

just got an email from RIM saying they aren't going to honour the price.....will have to set them straight on that tomorrow.....