GBH 2012 Special Tournament Series

2»

Comments

• cardsrusa wrote: »
    As expected with the Fallsview tournaments starting that day. We had a low turnout.

Any chance you can reply with exact numbers? I don't believe this should be a mystery
  • I'm assuming they had less than 8 people, because my buddy went to play, but they didn't run it. His exact twitter quote was:

"$275 satty at Prt Perry(for $2,100 ME in May)cancelled cuz not enuf runners. Ppl drove up from Toronto be told to go bac home"
  • lol thats what we heard as well, wanted to confirm. Sacrifice a weekend day 1time for mega sat? Taking a day off work to play a sat isn't too big a priority for most players.
  • Hey was not looking to hold back any information and yes we cancelled the event as we only had three players. Just as I said we had a low turnout and I expect it to be because everyone had won tickets for the Fallsview tournament. Bigger prize board to play in on that day. I would have choose to go to the Fallsview tournament myself if I was not working.

If you are looking to play in the next Island poker super satellite tournament it will be on February 23 and seats are starting to sell. See you there.
  • actyper wrote: »
    lol thats what we heard as well, wanted to confirm. Sacrifice a weekend day 1time for mega sat? Taking a day off work to play a sat isn't too big a priority for most players.

+1
  • do you expect a decent turn out for the $1k at the end of the month? does this usually sell out?
  • They usually get 80ish players or close to a sell out I believe
  • Thanks Blackmajicz

Each of our $1000 events get a different number usually 80 or more up to 110.
  • any chance there can be single table sats running the day of the 1k next week?
  • also anyone have experience with the online reg? it's $30 extra or something right? trying to decide if I should reg online for the 1k or just hope that it's not sold out when I go... can you reg online right up until the day before the tournament?
  • Hi Vekked, you can register online until the night before. If you look at the price for the tournaments online you will see that the admin is less online compared to In house. We decided to split the cost of the service charge that pokertickets.com charges for the service. So if you buy in house it will cost you $1000 + $100 and online it will be $1000 + $84. Hope this information helps.

Hey guys don't forget that the Island Poker Series Satellite event is tomorrow. Look forward to seeing some of you guys get your seat.
  • If anyone is interested, I'm selling a ticket for the $2100 May 31st main event, posted in the Buy/Sell forum