multi-accounting

let me clarify first that i have never created or used more than one account for any poker site ever.

that being said, i was thinking about it and i don't quite understand why having more than one account in your own name is such a big deal. yes, it makes you more difficult to track, but not impossible. and it's not like tracking players' stats with software is necessarily a given for all players and sites anyway (nor is it a right). maybe there should be a cut off or something (like 5 accounts max for one site) just to keep some sort of limits on it.

maybe i'm just being stupid and missing something obvious, but i don't see the big deal as long as the person is obligated to attach their correct name and information to each account.

Comments

• as long as more than one account is not in the same event, I don't see an issue.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    as long as more than one account is not in the same event, I don't see an issue.

agreed. i'd even say that only one should be allowed to be active at any given time.
  • Or more sites can be like Cake (and Party iirc), that allow you to change your screen name.
  • well, I always like to look up history and ROI on players i'm playing with. So if you have one account that you play strictly cash games in. And then you only play tournaments once in awhile. I will see that you haven't played many tournys and possibly play different against you.
  • The issue with multi accounting is that it gives an unfair competitive advantage for the multiaccounter. This especially true for cash game players with tons of history. For the low stakes guys that are playing guys they never heard of, there is absolutely no good reason to ever multiaccount, especially since it's against the term pand conditions of most online rooms.