Options

Ignoring post flop open....

what lines are we taking for flop and turn?? its the leader board tourney so the kids are decent....

Poker Stars, $0.01 NL Hold'em Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds, 100 Ante, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: 40,936
SB: 29,068
BB: 38,588
Hero (UTG): 22,919
UTG+1: 24,339
UTG+2: 2,082
MP1: 17,366
MP2: 24,168
CO: 60,745

Pre-Flop: (2,400) 5clubnormal.gif Tclubnormal.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to 2,000, 3 folds, MP2 calls 2,000, 3 folds, BB calls 1,000

Flop: (7,400) Jclubnormal.gif Theartnormal.gif 9clubnormal.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks

Turn: (7,400) Kclubnormal.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero ???

Comments

• You have 20ish bbs and you flopped a pair + fd, bet/get it in!!! As played bet 3-4k on turn and value smash any non-club river.
  • bet turn and bet river for a 3rd of the pot if your stacksize > pot
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    bet turn and bet river for a 3rd of the pot if your stacksize > pot
    but what about hands drawing to a one card flush....?

well im thinking about that vs the revers implied odds of a higher flush...
  • darbday wrote: »
    but what about hands drawing to a one card flush....?

well im thinking about that vs the revers implied odds of a higher flush...

you bluffed UTG with 22 BB's, what reverse implied odds?

Also, I still bet river, most 1 card flushes fold turn anyway so there's no need to let him bluff river since he's probablt gonna have a valuehand if he calls turn anyway
    you bluffed UTG with 22 BB's, what reverse implied odds?

Also, I still bet river, most 1 card flushes fold turn anyway so there's no need to let him bluff river since he's probably gonna have a value hand if he calls turn anyway
    the reverse implied odds of someone have a nut flush already

but one card flushes will likely be combos with pair and straights even....

i was worried im losing value by seeing a river..
    the reverse implied odds of someone have a nut flush already

but one card flushes will likely be combos with pair and straights even....

i was worried im losing value by seeing a river..

no point in worrying about things like that unless you have like 200 BB's. I'm probably stacking off at least 80 with a flush like this, you're not playing PLO. Shoving turn is bad, you miss value on the turn
    no point in worrying about things like that unless you have like 200 BB's. I'm probably stacking off at least 80 with a flush like this, you're not playing PLO. Shoving turn is bad, you miss value on the turn
    made straights have to be able to fold then....
    made straights have to be able to fold then....
    but the probablity of them having made straights is less than the probability of a 1 pair hand

edit: or a draw for that matter
  • IMO - this hand is a simple bet, bet, bet.

You put your hand in the cookie jar and managed to find a hero cookie. This flop is gin for your hand, so why are we checking here instead of building a pot.

I cbet flop about 2/3rds pot and jam turn. But without the cbet, you're now stuck hoping one other villain has hit hard enough to get your stack in. If you cbet the flop, your stack would probably be in here.

If you're behind, well....that's what we get for playing this hand. So just stick it in and hope they Qc is still in the deck.
    but the probability of them having made straights is less than the probability of a 1 pair hand

edit: or a draw for that matter
    maybe ill throw some ranges out but i think that if we chop off all the hands that fold to any bet like under pairs and small scs.....i think we are left with alot of sets and qx and some one pair hands with the nut flush draw....

not sure if thats enough to justify not seeing a river...
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    IMO - this hand is a simple bet, bet, bet.

You put your hand in the cookie jar and managed to find a hero cookie. This flop is gin for your hand, so why are we checking here instead of building a pot.

I cbet flop about 2/3rds pot and jam turn. But without the cbet, you're now stuck hoping one other villain has hit hard enough to get your stack in. If you cbet the flop, your stack would probably be in here.

If you're behind, well....that's what we get for playing this hand. So just stick it in and hope they Qc is still in the deck.
    i agree to an extent but there some other considerations.....especially because im running really really loose people will flat monsters some times....also because im cbetting alot of pots in position with a weak range players will often jam with a semi bluff..float with air....and stuff like that.

so i think here im checkraising to rep a hand like aces hoping theres enough air in their range but i could also check flat a small bet because it looks super strong and jam most non club turns....

but mainly i don't want to cbet and call off vs a made hand....and i don't want weak hands to fold yet because if i can make my flush cheaply they might not be able to lay down.....

but to come to think of it i think i checked here because i knew they would bet for fear of a check raise
  • super easy cbet get it in btw. doesn't matter if they shove made hands or air on you, really really easy bet get it in, the only reason to check is to widen their ranges
    the only reason to check is to widen their ranges
    ya i agree...don't think cbet getting it in is the best ;p
    ya i agree...don't think cbet getting it in is the best ;p
    I do since you said they suspect you have cbet-folds in your range
    I do since you said they suspect you have cbet-folds in your range
    but what worse hands will semi bluff....or do we feel like we have enough equity vs qj kj etc....

aq would i suppose....

edit: ima post some ranges in a bit i think....
  • I think you are over-thinking a 22bb shit hand that just turned to gold. cbet and get it in already...it's only 22 bigs, not 200.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I think you are over-thinking a 22bb shit hand that just turned to gold. cbet and get it in already...it's only 22 bigs, not 200.
    no no...we are getting the money in pretty much.....they question is more so whats the optimal way
  • another thing I don't like is that if you don't cbet and don't improve it can get akward
    another thing I don't like is that if you don't cbet and don't improve it can get akward

Agreed.

If you check it through and the turn is a complete blank or like an offsuit King or jack, your hand has essentially turned to crap.

With only 22bb and this board, I am doing anything I can to get as many chips in the pot, and the best way to do that is to bet.

The turn club may actually kill a bunch of your action now as some may see you checking the flop so not to get blown off a big draw.....but anyway, there is no good reason not to just bet and get it in here.