Questions for those that know stats

Been playing a ton more 90-180 players, I used to do more Single tables but into these right now, kinda over the 45s too.

Started with $50, just at $58, in all honesty about 30% of the time I am just way more distracted than I should be to sit and play.

Looking at stats, def improving, but I don't know how to fully translate.

I am finishing middle, middle late or late over 60% of time and most ITM are top 5 or better.

Feedback from this please:

jontm Poker Rankings on pokerstars, Period: 2011. Poker Tournament Type: Any Tournament.

Comments

• if you are distracted, try firing up a few more tables than what u r used to. The key to beating sngs is volume

remember to shove wide and call tight late game. Especially turbos.

gl
  • if you are distracted, try firing up a few more tables than what u r used to.
    no ;p

but your gonna find jon, that your not shoving wide enough....

stats are just gonna show your not going deep enough and its all a product of not gathering enough ev....which is generally from leaving to much on the table...

edit: and im not just saying that cause im a shovebot turbo player ;p
  • Typically, people do not look at stats this way. It doesn't really matter what your average finishing position ends up being or how often you finish itm or final table. What matters is how you play your hands and each individual decisions you make. The better your decision process is, the higher your ROI will eventually be.

No one looks at people's average finishing position....and say oh he/she must be a pro/fish. That's results oriented. People look at how hands are played and the thought processes behind it.
  • That about covers it
  • Thanks guys. Watching some friends play turbos, I know there is a lot more to know to beat them, I do find i like the faster games though. I was starting to like the rush tourneys before that all went to shit.

I often see people posting opr, so thought those stats might be useful, however, both Milo and Darb have pointed out shoving a wider range. Some days I am paying more attention to my stack size and doing this wider, other days just can't get past nittin it up. Then you take into account the whole variance thing, been on both ends lately, running like god and getting run over.

Still playing for fun though, online poker sure finds away to kill otherwise productive time lol